1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top 5 Favorite Cartoons...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Lessee... when I was a kid, I loved Ducktales and Resque rangers... I even watched the Russian-dubbed episodes...

Also, I have to rant, that in my day, they werenm't dubbed in Finnish, but with subtexts. These kids nowadays, everything is dubbed for them... *shakes her head*

Ara
    (Disapproving the kids today... I am NOT a kid! :))

2. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Am I the only one who will admit to liking King of the Hill? The show's hilarious.

And what was the name of the cartoon in which a guy who looked a lot like Tarzan had a Pegasus and a shapeshifter friend? I always thought that was the coolest.

And let's not forget Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.

3. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I never watch cartoons. I prefer the news.

I used to quite like the tintin episode, when the geeky guy (who made the space ship) ran around shouting "acting the goat! I'll show you acting the goat!"

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited February 28, 2002).]

4. Cannibal Penguin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I used to read Tin-tin... those were fun. The library had like 40 of them.

How can you not watch cartoons.. I watch cartoons all the time. Moreover, I can't believe I only saw Family Guy listed once! It is sooo much better than even the simpsons. I have a Stewie voicepack for BG2 :D

"What the deuce?!"

Beyond that, Adult Swim on Cartoon Network is the bessst. Sealab 2021!(!), Space Ghost, Home Movies, Aquateen Hunger Force... Ohh, it's so good I could just pass out.

5. frobo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Transformers (the origional, nopt the spinoffs)
    Looney Toons
    Simpsons
    More that I cant remember
    -CJ

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Yeah Shralp King of the Hill is hilarious :D
    I also like the simpsons and futurama

7. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think I'll never get over Cartoon Network...They encripted it 2 years ago...:(

No more Dexter's Laboratory...:wail:
    I loved the Ad&d episode!
    Dexter would be the first, but I also loved Johnny Bravo, Swat Cats, Powerpuff Girls.
    I still remember when they gave Galtar + the golden lance and Thundarr back in '93 and later in the "Power Zone"...
    I remember wathcing that every day after school...
    Smurfs and He-Man bring back memories...

And can you belive that I'm such a cartoon lover that I actually started watching Pokemon?! :aaa:
    Damn...

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1.I'd have to go with Bugs Bunny. Maybe just Looney Tunes in general. Good ol' Chuck Jones.

2.Maybe Transformers. The first season of Beast Wars was good too.

3.X-men. It's been too long for me to remember why, but I remember watching just about every episode. Might have been the opening music that attracted me.

4.Scooby Doo. Can't think of any others I used to watch, right now.

5.Inspector Gadget. Still can't think of any others. I'm blocked around 6th grade.

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Scooby-Doo is definitely my all-time favourite cartoon :) After that it would be:
    2. Bugs Bunny
    3. Simpsons
    4. Johnny Dangerous (I think that's what it was called)
    5. the original George of the Jungle! (it was better than Rocky and Bulwinkle)

Anyone else old enough to remember others like Rocket Robin Hood, the old pshycadelic Spider-Man, and (of course) Hercules!!

[This message has been edited by Gnolyn Lochbreaker (edited March 03, 2002).]

10. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

1. Turtles
    2. Pirates of Darkwater(whatever happened to that show)
    3. Conan the Barbarian
    4. George of the Jungle
    5. Transformers
    6. Smurfs
    7. Inspector Gadget
    8. Hercules
    9. Mighty Mouse
    10. Underdog
    11. Superman(original comic book even have a first issue)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  11. total Guest

Does anime counts? If yes than I must reccomend:
    Trigun, Berserk, Rurouni Kenshin, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Macross.

From non-anime list i choose:
    Simpsons, Futurama, old Tom&Jerry, Snorks, Smurfs (old also) and well Southpark

12. Silverblade Guest

1) The Simpsons
    2) X-Men
    3) Gargoyles
    4) Pinky and the Brain
    5) Hmmm, difficult, can't think of anything right now.

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Mighty Mouse I can just barely remember.

But Conan the Barbarian?!?!?! What!?
    Didn't even know that one made it to the 'toons.

[edit] How did all of us survive before Cartoon Network? Cartoons only lasted from 2:30-5:30 on the local nets before cable, so you had to run home to catch the last half of that 3pm show. It was rough!!!

[This message has been edited by ejsmith (edited March 03, 2002).]

14. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Conan the Barbarian came on at 3:30 AM now for somebody only 6 years old that was really early but I used to love the show. Very D&D quests dungeon crawls the works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  15. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, the Looney Toons and spinoffs are classic, especially Wile E Coyote and the the Roadrunner.

Scooby Doo was always funny. Makes a good Call of Cthulhu setting, too. :evil:

George of the Jungle and Super Chicken were pretty amusing spoofs.

I always liked Hong Kong Fooey, though I don't think he ever got a regular show. Was a Hannah Barbera character, IIRC. Space Ghost had his moments, too, though it was a bit more hit or miss.

GForce and the one where they turned the Yamato into a spaceship were pretty good. I remember always trying to get home in time to watch them.

For outright foreign content, Ranma 1/2 is absolutely hilarious. At least the first season or so, which is all I've seen.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

16. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1)Simpsons
    2)That show that was created on computers...can't even remember the name anymore...used to show it on Cartoon Network about four years ago? I don't even remember the main character's names and I'm putting it up here. :lol:
    3)Captain Planet rocks!
    4)Cowboy Bebop

17. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] reboot? beast wars? high school girl? :heh:

18. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ok my top 5 are:

1) The Monty Python cartoons are the best (If they count)
    2)Tenchi Muyo- it's anime, but it's fun
    3)Daria
    4)Powerpuff Girls/ Johnny Bravo/ Dexter's Lab- they are all on the same level
    5)Dragon Ball- the Z-fighters were better as little kids :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.