1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Toughest fight in SoA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Corr Raven, Jan 15, 2002.

1. I love bg2 Banned

[​IMG] I have a related question to the topic.
    I've been having trouble soloing as a pally in [ToB area].

[Wrong forum content edited out.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 30, 2002).]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    This is a ToB question .... Actually I'm surprised - I never had that many problems there - though my parties there had an average of 3 fighters. I played a cavalier - so I got THACO and damage boni when fighting demons - I used that bastard sword from first floor on them with good effect, single weapon style.

Equipment: standard full plate and a ring of protection +2 w. ring of gaxx, helm of Balduran, girdle of frostgiant-strength, gauntelts of weapon expertise, cloak of the sewers - the same stuff I used in SoA. Oh, I casted remove fear on my party before entering a new map ...

3. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Did anyone have a problem with Balor. Took me ages.

Also, I could not kill the kua-toa (spelling?) prince at all! I regenerate faster than he can hurt me (with the drow +5 plate) and he regenerates faster than I can hurt him (dual wield +3 swords STR 19). I must have done something wrong.

4. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just killed Shangalar and his merry bunch of complete morrons. The only problem was the female mage. I still think Kangaxx is harder. Of course with a Protestion from Magic scroll none of them are hard. When I go after liches in Athkatla I take Korgan and have him go berserk. That way he's immune to imprisonment, and while the lich is wasting his spells on him I breach him (if he's not invisible) and kick his a*s.

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

lol, you're supposed to put the tainted taddlings I believe they were called in the pool near the prince that way he loses his special powers, although the first time I killed him without doing that

6. fungus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

All I can say is them Twisted Rune maniacs. Though saying that, I realy did laugh as the mage cast gate, folowed by jah casting dispel magic at the mage, this led to one realy scared mage running from her own deamon :) .

7. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Balor caused my solo f/m/t a load of problems.

Had to cheese it. Run around in circles and shoot it with my bow.

Took ages.

8. Laeryl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Definately the Twisted Rune as I was a low level at the time. The mage caused alot of problems. Kangaxx is hard too. Both fights are worth it as the ring of gaxx and the staff of the magi are amazing items especially for a sorcerer or mage.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.