1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trivial Pursuit #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, May 9, 2006.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey, I'm a chemist. It seemed trivial to me (and apparently to you, too). I just love the anti-evolution pamphlets that claim a mollusk is 80,000 years old by C-14 dating -- if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance....

Your turn.

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Standard issue for Malaysia armed forces now is M4 Carbine. Previously it was _____ ?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

4. teekc Gems: 23/31

come on, we are better.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Machetes?

6. teekc Gems: 23/31

it's a plastic gun

7. Harbourboy

Is that the answer then? A plastic gun?

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    No, it's a hint. Uhm, Super Soaker?

9. teekc Gems: 23/31

not many rifles made primarily of plastic.

hint 2. counterstrike.

10. Harbourboy

The only one I know is the one Morgoth mentioned. Counterstrike is a video game, isn't it? Do they use those plastic guns that you shoot at the TV screen?

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

there are only a few guns used in CS, even fewer rifles.

12. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

13. Harbourboy

Hang on, are we talking about a real gun, a plastic gun, or a video game gun here? I'm confused.

14. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31

The Steyr AUG is a real gun, but one of the hints was that it is referenced in a video game.

I thought "plastic gun" like for bypassing security, but this one has metal parts, though it is primarily plastic and it has been called a state of the art ergonomic weapon.

[ July 12, 2006, 06:47: Message edited by: moulderingstump ]

15. Harbourboy

So not one of those guns that you shoot at the TV screen during a game then?

16. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31

Not in Counter-Strike, the running would be to hard to accomplish with one of those as your only controller.

17. teekc Gems: 23/31

moulderingstump's turn

18. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31

The word random has come to us from its Germanic origin through Old French and Middle English slightly changing meaning and spelling each time.

What does the Old French word randon mean?

[ July 12, 2006, 17:09: Message edited by: moulderingstump ]

19. Harbourboy

Maybe this is a trick question, so I will guess "random"?

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well it sounds like the Dutch word "randen" so I guess "edges"?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.