1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unanswered Star Wars Questions (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 18, 2002.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] ROTLMAO
    That was a good on ejsmith. Hmm i wonder how many death cliches will be used-

"dodge this" said while standing behind a jedi with a lightsabre to his neck.
    "i'll be back" said just before he crashes into a group of jedi in some sort of funky space ship
    "There can be only one" - highlander changed to "Can there be only this one left" said in a tired mood after he hath killed many hundreds already and is considering asking for a day off.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Vukodlak, you don't think the Jedi would spare a couple buckazoids for their last and only hope to bring balance to the force™?

Anyway, how could he concentrate on anything if he knew he was free as a bird while his mother is working as a slave somewhere? I'd say that alone is reason enough for the Jedi to save her.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

You remember Empire strikes back when Luke wants to go and help Han and co? Well the little green :alien: jedimaster says he shouldn't go. Jedis are a stuck up bunch, neh?

PS force™ :grin::grin:

4. Above comments: Hm... if the Jedis could only take so many, how come when Obi Wan wanted to show Yoda where he thought that planet was, there were a bunch a little kids being trained to become Jedis?

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited May 22, 2002).]

5. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Shadow_Goddess, Jedi Masters will take a single Padawan learner to train. At the younger ages, the children school in classes, such as the one Yoda was teaching. Once they reach a that point in their training to become a padawan, they will become apprenticed to a Master.

Edit - One more thing, Vader did not kill all the Jedi's. Yoda survived, as did Vim da Boda, and several others in hiding/prison.

Edit 2 - Also, he could lure as many Jedi as possible to one area, I am sure they would want to try to kill him. Lure them into a building, blast it from orbit. :p

[This message has been edited by Bateluer (edited May 22, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Bateluer (edited May 22, 2002).]

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I can only answer questions referring to Master Yoda... :1eye:

The walking stick? War does not make one great. Do not show your opponent how powerfull you are, yes? The dark side has eyes everywhere.

The same goes for Ejsmith's question. Master Yoda could have moved those stones and poles with ease. But a jedi must have The deepest commitment and dedication. Have the most serious mind. Don't be arrogant and overconfident in your dealings with the dark side. Control. I see his deceit worked on you Ejsmith. You underestimate him already. ;)

And Luke? As said above by Vukodlak, though it was OBi who said he was the last. Not Yoda. Luke was both too old and too reckless. In this very moment Yoda sits and shakes his head. At the same time Luke brings warmth to his hearth.

Edit; Tal you are absolutely right. There could or should be made a top five of "Plot Flops" in the starwars trilogies. Both the original and this new one. Both can easily house five major obscurities. The one making the lists should of course be very, very familiar wit the actual movies. Hence a dedicated fan. Or a critics who has far to little to live for in his life. :)

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited May 23, 2002).]

7. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG]
    and who would B this dedicated fan? hmm, i wonder... ;)

8. total Guest

[​IMG] Could someone please explain to me why is this episode called "Attack of the clones" ???

9. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] i was thinking the same thing last week! :p

star wars episode ii: defence by the clones

10. total Guest

Yes, it doesnt make sense, i was watching the movie and i waited for the grand scale assault but then they moved to that droid factory and i felt like i was watching Ep1 once again !

Edit: And why are clones better than droids? They need to be fed, they need to grow... Did Lucas lost its fresh ideas?

[This message has been edited by total (edited May 23, 2002).]

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Well.. if you can't tell why the name was suitable, then you really should actually go to the movie before commenting on it. :p

And the clones are much better than the droids because they actually think for themselves and cannot be rendered uselss by knocking out the command like in Episode 1.

12. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

But can be rendered useless by throwing rocks at them :ewoks:

... and they don't need to see our identification... :1eye:

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited May 23, 2002).]

13. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Yeah Vukodlak. And that were the Elite troops.

The ordinary troops are programmed for hitting everthing but their targets. Is it called Etiquette and protocal? :1eye:

14. Forashi Guest

Who's Vim da Boda? I always imagined that the balance came right after EP3. Darth Sidious - Master Yoda, Darth Vader - Obi Wan. T'least that's how I saw it. However, what I don't understand is why the Jedi allowed Anakin to develop into a Jedi in the first place. As far as I understand, bringing balance to the force is to make the light and the dark side equally strong. If there are 10k Jedi and 2 dark lords to begin with, what does that tell you of the outcome? I'd really like an explanation to this.

Oh and btw you folks. Single: "Jedi". Multiple: "Jedi" or "The Jedi". Perhaps not with a capital "J", but there is no word known as "Jedis", curse you if you ever make that mistake again. :toofar:

[This message has been edited by Forashi (edited May 24, 2002).]

15. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Vim da Boda? wasn't that a battleground in 'gladiator'? :rolleyes: :grin:

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Does Watto actually say when Cleig bought Shmi to free her? Owen looks older than Annakin, so Cleig could concievably have lost his first wife before the end of Phantom and bought Shmi not long after Annakin left. It could be that the Jedi knew she was free and didn't tell Annakin all the details, or maybe he sensed it in some way?

About the pillar, I don't see what the issue is. Dooku has to break a small support and then let gravity do the rest of the work, Yoda has to support a massive pillar.

And does Vader have to kill all the Jedi personally. They're getting weak now, some of them can even be shot.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited May 30, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.