1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unidentified avatars

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by kuemper, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Aldeth: You're the priest from the Temple of Tyr in Port LLast...

Everytime I look at your avatar there's a "Hail to Ye!" running in my head! From all the times I went to him to dispose of my loot... :shake:

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'd say my is one of the easiest to find the name of. :p

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good one, 8people.

I can only assume that my avatar is, well, a raven from NWN.

4. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My Avatar is from Kuldahar.

He is the great Archdruid of the town and very powerful, you should all know his name by now :p

Else, you better start playing IWD right now ;)
    You too Kitrax, pretty embarasing, eh :)

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    And my avatar was mistaken for a shrimp. It's a pirate from BG2, of course.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

As someone who has only played the BG series, I've got a number of "what is THAT?" myself. Here's a short list:

Crawl, dmc, ejsmith, Extremist, Gothmog*, Mollusken, reepnorp, Rotku, Wildfire

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't even work out what reepnorp's avatar is, let alone where it is from.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Mine is the Advocate from PS:T - best game ever.

My recollection is that ejsmith is some kind of snow or ice troll.

I think crawl is a black abishai from PS:T

Extremist is a member of the Harmonium (also PS:T)

Gothmog is, I think, a treant from IWD2

Mollusken might be a drowned dead from IWD2

Reepnorp is a lim lim from PS:T

I believe that Rotku is a shadow from IWD2 (but I'm slightly guessing here)

I think Wildfire is another Harmonium guy, but I can't recall exactly.

Sorry for the incomplete info.

Play PS:T already!!!

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Shame on you dmc. You should know that Wildfire's avatar is Vhailor and therefore a mercykiller not a harmonium officer. :nono:

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just a few small corrections...

ejsmith's is a snow troll from IWD.

Crawl's is a blue abishai.

Mollusken's is a drowned dead, but from HoW already.

Rotku is a ghost (I think) from IWD or HoW.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sheesh. Cut me some slack. I haven't played any of these games in over a year. :)

12. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Gothmog's avatar is also in PS:T, where it's known as a trigit.

Mine is from PS:T as well - a simple Dustman.

And everyone who hasn't played PS:T yet - please go and play it :)

13. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Boy i sure I wish i had an avatar, i may know what EVERY single avatar in here is but ehh that isnt saying much... I would give something to this site but all i got that is out of the ordanary is NWN 2das and such... I been mooching off this site for a while now... (ok back on topic :) ) sry :bad:

14. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Having only gone through the NWN OC once (and not so eager to go through again, I'm afraid), can anyone remember specific instances of my avatar popping up? Just curious.

@HB: time for you to do a public first run through of PS:T, it seems...

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Actually Crawl's a black abishai allthough the color to me atleast seems more like blue.

Ooh and Rotku's avatar is the dwarven spirit in dorns deep from IWD.

@dmc, No slack cutting for those who do not remember their planescape basic facts. :p

16. Bion Gems: 21/31

C'mon Morgoroth, as an "advocate" dmc is fully aware that there is no such thing as a "basic fact." If dmc can find enough evidence to convince a jury of reasonable doubt as to Vhailor being a Mercykiller, then who am I to argue otherwise? Come to think of it, Vhailor *did* look a little like a Harmonium officer, no? And as they say, if the helm fits, you must acquit...

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, it's supposed to be a black abishai, but it's really blue. Black doesn't work out well on darker backgrounds, of which there are plenty in Torment. You can spot the problem here with our black gems. It's the reason why I excluded them from the system initially.

18. Harbourboy

Bion - I think your guy has popped up more than once in NWN. He's interchangeable, a bit like my old "city guard" avatar.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Bion - I'm pretty sure that the hermit in Chapter 1 of SoU (y'know, the one who'd buy the dragon egg off of you & recharge wands) used your avatar. Otherwise, they seem to have used it for "generic grumpy" characters, iirc! :shake:

20. Bion Gems: 21/31

Thanks HB and TM!

Hmm, perhaps I'll finally have to get over my disappointment with the OC and play SoU or HoU, just to see myself in action, as it were...

And, what ever your avatar, I'll always think of you as the dude with the helmet, HB...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.