1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Useless Information

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aikanaro, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1)Never eat a polar bear's liver, it contains such a high concentration of vitamin A that you would go blind.
    2)Constantinople was taken by the Ottoman empire in 1453. And was then renamed Istanbul.
    3)After the siege of a city, Ottoman soldiers were allowed three days of legal pillage, looting and rape.
    4)Contarary to common opinion, most Janissaries were NOT muslim, they were Balkan in origin
    5)Male seahorses can become pregnant.
    6)I lost my virginity in a rose bush.
    7)Prawns are black before you cook them.
    8)A teenager CAN drink three full sized bottles of russian vodka in one hour and not be sick or pass out.......till the morning.
    9)I own a cuddly stuffed hippo, which i aptly named: Hippo
    10)You can only die once.
    11)A chinese man with only one chopstick will go hungry.
    12)Richard the lionheart was not only partly french and supposedly gay (bisexual most likely), but also a brutal fighter and mean character.
    13)A fart in a lift is an entirely different experience for a midget.
    14)Tolkein's book was based on the ancient maps of Europe. And mordor is NOT next to Iraq.
    15)Jamie lee Curtis was NOT born an Hamaphrodite. Although i think she has to shave....
    16)My grandfather's real name is William, but everyone, including his wife, has always called him Donald or Don.
    17)Every week, 47 people die in donkey related incidents.
    18) i can only think of 17 stupid facts.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The original name for the French language was "François" and now it's "Français" ( in french at least)

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I caught a weird virus while in Japan that lengthened my uvula. When I came back to Canada, I had to have it cut off -- if I opened my mouth and leaned forward, the uvula would dangle out of my mouth.

The General Surgeon who did the operation was named . . . . Dr. Hackett! I s*** you not.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Morningstar - Regarding Admiral Nelson's seasickness, Hyman Rickover suffered the same condition. That's why he went to submarines instead, and eventually became the father of the US nuclear navy.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I know this is :yot: , but I can't help but say it, with apologies to anyone out there. If my first name were "Hyman", I think I'd change it.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Chimps have larger testicles than gorillas :D

(Who, me, weird?)

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

According to some of the many theories about the life and times of Sherlock Holmes:
    1) Holmes' full name was William Sherlock Scott Holmes.
    2) His father killed his mother (for a variety of reasons, but usually for having an affair. With his math tutor. Named Moriarity.)
    3) Dr. Watson had anywhere from 1 to 6 wives.

And now...

Jeremy Brett suffered from manic depression until the day he died.
    Both of my kids are lactose intolerant.
    I seem to have forgotten all of my cool useless facts that I knew when I was 15.
    In a set of twins, 99% of the time, the oldest will be the smallest and also have gastro reflux.
    If you have a set of fraternal twins, you have a 60% chance of having another set of fraternal twins.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The word "Long" is shorter than the word "short"

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Richard the Lionhearted was gay.

Istanbul is a Greek name and was in use before Constantinople being captured by Otomans. It means 'inside the town'.

George Washington wanted US a kingdom under Stuarts.

In 3E there's a prestige class 'Drunken Master'.

Roman Catholic priests may have wives.

'Dolar' comes from Spanish.

Well, enough for today.

10. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

1 - It's illegal in Florida to put livestock on a schoolbus.

2 - The opposite of a vacuum is a plenum.

3 - (I think this is right) The average pencil can write about 30,000 words.

4 - Sir Dargorn used to have the avatar that I now have.

5 - I still don't know how to write foreign characters on this board.

11. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This post should get me my fifth gem. :) :) :)

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Joseph Stalin and Sergei Prokofiev, two Russian VIP's, died on the same day. The Russian media postponed the announcement of Prokofiev's death by a week so that the two events did not overshadow one another.

(You'll appreciate this useless fact more if you know who they are obviously)

13. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Aikanaro lives in Australia ;)

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hephaestus is a spammer. ;)

Stalin did not know that the Netherlands and Holland were the same country.

It is theorectically possible to have a half-dragon dragon, or a half-fiend demon in D&D.

Chris Carabba of Dashboard Confessional used to be the vocals of another emo band: Further Seems Forever. He left before their (FSF) first album was released.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have 28 games, not including emulated, of which I play only three at a time.

The upper part of the background (at SP) is darker than the lower part when using TFT. With my old LCD it was monotomous.

Someone should shoot Amazon.com; there is a clear target already!

[ March 28, 2003, 21:29: Message edited by: Virne ]

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Foot-and-mouth is the first virus unable to spread through Microsoft Outlook :roll:

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually - you can die more than once

18. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

• 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with only one vowel.
    • 'Underground' is the only word in the English language to begin and end with the letters 'und'
    • A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
    • Jellyfish and starfish have no brains

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    There are no words in English that rhyme with "Orange."

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

It is physicaly impossible to lick your elbow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.