1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warrior without Equal: Your favorite fighter from a book?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Reislied, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My favorite fighter is Zaor, first king of Evermeet. And cooler yet, he weilds the Kingblade.

However, Elaith Croulnober and Kymil Nimesin are definetly really cool fightersmages. (they count right?)

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, I reckon Túrin was cool, and of course Zaknafein for been so much more realistic than Drizzt.
    Oh, and Aiken Drum, even though he isn't realy a fighter he can still fight.

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hunter from Neverwhere - very interesting character

Geralt of Rivia - Warlock from works of A. Sapkowski, a pitty he's known only in middle europe

Drizzt - I like him not as much as a warrior, but as a personality

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I got hold of "A Game Of Thrones" and all I can say is, wow. I've only read about 250 pages, but it is absolutely amazing. My favourite character is Jon Snow.

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Cohen the Barbarian!

I love that crotchety old cuss!!

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Showing my age, but Conan, Cormac Mac Art, Fafhrd, the Grey Mouser, and probably several I've forgotten as I'm at work and without access to my library. However, if you want the ultimate: Benedict of Amber (with both arms), Corwin of Amber, Eric of Amber. Immortals with a serious fencing background.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    If you're after a serious fencer, it has to be Inigo Montoya. And yes, I read the book 20+ years before the movie was made.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but Inigo couldn't even take Westley, who was much younger, so how good was he? I read the book too, and loved it (I highly recommend it to everyone). However, I think the movie was the best adaptation of a book that I have ever seen. (I'd still take the book over the movie, though.)

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

At this point the original "Warrior with Out Equal" thread entered into a 16 chapter discussion of the packing and unpacking customs of Gilderland. I've chosen to omit those for the sake of brevity!

Loved that book.

If you remember, Indigo was beating Wesley in the trees, Wesley only bested him because he forced Indigo onto open ground, more resembling the deck of a ship.

Back on the Warrior note ... how would you rate Paxinarion??

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wouldnt rate her very high, she seemed to be the normal soldier whose touch of brilliance came only from sucking up to some god and slaving under its morals. It wasnt her own skill that settled things but divine favour. The Hound would have ripped her to shreds ;)

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Argh.... horrifying concept, trying to decide.

For me, it is a tie between Zaknafein and Artemis Entreri. No matter how good any other character, how great their prowess, these two always come out on the top.

I do respect Waylander, Lan, Aragorn and many others, byt Zak and Artemis are THE warriors.

Ara
    (Tired, cranky and hungry.... baaaad day)

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Arabwel.... get some sleep and some food so you're not cranky ... then tell me who Zaknafein and Artemis Entreri are???

Hate to say it, but I've never heard of them.

-Tim
    (well rested, just ate, but I lost my voice so this is my only form of self-expression today!)

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Zaknafein is drizzt's father from the dark elf trilogy written by R.A. Salvatore

Entreri is a human assassin from the Icewind Dale trilogy and the paths of darkness trilogy also written by R.A. Salvatore

Back to the topic: Fyodor the rashemen from tangled webs by Elaine Cunningham

And indeed Artemis Entreri rules!

[ December 03, 2002, 14:12: Message edited by: Apeman ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.