1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC Football started!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, May 31, 2002.

1. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] First group winner, Denmark. :D
    Go calculate on those odds, now NostraEarl :1eye:

Anyway adeiu le bleu, or something France
    Most unlucky team I've seen, but finishing last? hehe.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited June 11, 2002).]

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Go Denmark! Well played this morning.

France, well they were crap all the way through. Sure Zidane wasn't fit, but if you can't score a goal in three games, you deserve everything you get. Ie, an early bath. :grin::grin::grin: Lovin' it.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :roll::spin:Germany beat Cameroon (the african champion) 2-0 in a thrilling fighting match. :roll::spin:

After the first 20 min of solid german defence Cameroon played well and agressive and had 3 good chances. Ten yellow cards and eventually a german player was sent-off shortly before halftime.

The before shaky german team, now inferior in numbers, played better in the second half with a reorganized, effective defence. An early german goal didn't break Cameroon's combat will. Howewer, Cameroon's team didn't manage to play their game and to my relief another german goal made things clear. 3 more yellow cards and a Cameroon player was sent-off.
    Not a beatiful game. However, I think the english coach was right when he said that when you allow Cameroon to play their game, you'll end ud up running behind them.:heh:

Although Germany is in the finals now this was a sour victory since a couple of german player will be banned for the next game ... :(

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 11, 2002).]

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Lol! I saw this on another forum :D

5. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I sense a quarter-final between Croatia and Germany.... And a 3-0 Croatian victory. Also, I hope Ireland beat Spain.

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Croatia is a good team but I don't think they're that good. They were quite lucky in Italy game.

USA has also been lucky so far but they're definitely strong enough to at least get a draw from poland. USA in second round. Woot! :) I'd like Korea to advance instead of Portugal. They're the hosts after all. That should be a tough match but I expect a portugal win or a draw (in which case Korea gets through).

Well done Denmark. I was kind of sorry seeing france leave so early but oh well. They sure didn't deserve to advance. Let's see if Italy and Argentina will make it :)

Oh and that Argentinian players spoof photo was hilarious! :D

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Someone explain the picture for the Yankee. Obviously they're saying Argentina's team is a bunch of skirt-wearing fancy lads, but was there an incident that prompted it?

Naturally my American self just assumed it was the French team.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What an exciting day, France is out!! What a sensation, the danes really deserved this one. Damn they are good. Germany is getting stronger and stronger, I am starting to fear them. Now lets hope that Sweden beats Argentina tomorrow for a 16 game against Denmark! :D

Shralp I think the picture meant that the argentinians plays like sissies all of them.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    France is out? HAHAAA! YES!

I'm going on holiday to France, and though my country even didn't take part, we can still say that France didn't do much better! ;) World Champion, eh? My @$$!
    Go Denmark!

ArchAngel... No opportunity to change your bet? ;)

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited June 11, 2002).]

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Good job Denmark! :grin:

Anyone noticed how the Saudis ended? 3 losses, 0 scored goals and 12 in their own net :).

Hopefully Argentina will be out by tomorrow. Can't stand latino football :p.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited June 11, 2002).]

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Saudis scored the same number of goals as France, that can't be too bad :evil:

EDIT: Argentina is out too? Bloody hell, that's three former world cup winners who are not through to the second round.

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited June 12, 2002).]

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Got damn!!! We are through!! Sweeeeeeeeeden!!
    What a wonderful team! Anders Svensson, what a freekick. This is unbelievable :D :grin:

Senegal next, easy peasy :D

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woooooohoooo! England are through too :)

Although I imagine that they'll get knocked out soon :(

14. Viking Gems: 19/31

I'm lovin' it like that! :grin::love::grin:

France out, Argentina out. That might just humble them a bit.....

:grin:Schadenfreude, moi?:grin:

[Edit]Oh, yeah. Well done Sweden. Great performance [Edit]

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited June 12, 2002).]

15. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] This is great Joacqin. :D
    Sweden and Denmark group winner. How hilarious. Go scandinavia. Now where is Norway :(
    Please beat Senegal. Denmark couldn't but you can. I am sure :D.

Then you'll face either Turkey-costa Rica-Belgium-japan perhaps Russia. None of them are as tough as your group members England and Argentina... :D

In the semifinals you'll face either Brazil or England, I think isn't it? You drew England, so why not again.

In the Finals Who know. Sweden as World Champions isn't that imnpossible. A semifinal spot is very likely. The hardest part was the group and you won it. Woooohoooo. I :love: sweden. What are the odds that Sweden are World champions now?

16. Viking Gems: 19/31

18/1 with William Hills ;)

Denmark are 25/1. Sweden probably shading it with a potentially easier couple of matches coming up.

No surprise about the favourites: Brazil at 5/2.

17. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I think I'll bet 10 bucks on Sweden and donate half of the winnings to SP if they win. :D

18. joacqin

Media:
    Thank you Nobleman :D
    But I think that Sweden will meet Denmark in the quarter or semi. Dont know which. But I think that Denmark will beat England, they are not that good ;)

19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] @joacqin
    Swe-Den in quarter finals is not possible. A meeting in the semi finals is possible, but Denmark will have to beat England and then probably Brasil to get there.
    Sweden have to beat Senegal and then Russia or Turkey.
    So while possible - and I hope it will happen - it's not very likely. :)

20. joacqin

Media:
    Sweden might meet Japan in the quarter too if we go there. Thats the team I would put my money on :D
    I must say that both Sweden and Denmark have impressed alot on me. Both teams have great ability, not a single game where I would put any big money on them losing. Denmark is my favourite against England for instance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.