1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC Football started!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, May 31, 2002.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well now that you have mr. Eriksson England have managed to scrabble together a half decent team, for once actually playing like a team and after their resources. England may go far. Brazil shouldnt take anything for granted.
    It also seems like the famous spanish nerves hold together this time. It may not have been a safe win but it was a win. Spain is also dangerous in my book, very dangerous. They must suceed sometime.

2. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Mexico vs USA

Espero México destruyo el imperio malvado del capitalista del norte.

Down with the gringo's!!

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] lol @ ridley
    Mexico looks more likely to be the quarter finalist.
    Ireland and Sweden matches were just plain cruel. Well.. that's football for you :p

Senegal-Japan-Turkey.. One of these teams will be a semi-finalist. Who would've believed :)
    This is an interesting WC. I just hope the final won't be England vs Germany. That's got to be the most boring final match possible :p

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

It is surprising that one of them will be in the semis, but it isn't exactly shocking. Japan is the host - and its chances are automatically increased; Turkey was getting quite good over the last ten years and in addition to their improving technique they work hard; Senegal is somewhat of a surprise but they played really well so far and deserve to go through. Also, Senegal is sort of 'France B' as all their players play in the French league - but, unlike France, they had to play the African Cup in order to qualify.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    USA through to the quarter final! Who would have thought? They have a great team this year. An amazing WC, underdogs all over the place. No one can feel safe. It cant get any better. Except for Sweden then of course, it still nags me :(

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Just saw Mexico-USA and jeez what a bad game that was! Mexico robbed of a penalty shot which naturally would have made this a different game. OTOH the mexicans were almost unable to make any decent passes, so they deserved the loss in the end. On top of that they made a few ugly attacks on US players in the second half.:grr:

But again, what a waste of time!

7. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Brazil?

Brazil are not going to be very easy are they?

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Brasil is the biggest favorite for the WC-title, but I hope my southern neigbours will beat them.

Allez belgium!

Hmm... they had some misfortune.... Belgium wasn't less good then Brasil.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 17, 2002).]

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] go england! :shake:

(sorry nobleman) :sick:

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Espero que disfruten su viaje a Mexico de Korea!

Amor,

Los Gringos del Norte

11. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Can I have a tequila with that dear Shralp :1eye:

Great US! Mexico didn't deserve better, :)

And Belgium. awwww. The brazil defence is awal. It might be a massacre by england. It is so exciting!

12. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] *sigh*
    I still dont think that I have come over Swedens loss...
    We were SOOO close..
    almost
    I have a new name for Senegals team:
    The Elbow Team

Gosh, poor Alexandersson that outta hurt...
    Well, I am happy that we made it this far. I dont really have anything against Senegal but...
    Goddammit kick their asses!
    Especially England! Make it to the top, fcs...
    *sigh*
    /me walks away with hanging head and eyes filled with tears

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Actually Nobleman, Mexico was playing great. I totally expected them to beat US. It was a suprise if you ask me, even though the US had won 4 out of the 5 last matches with Mexico :)
    Maybe it's psychological :p

14. ArchAngel Guest

Sure thing Invoker. I was thinking about their lack of fair play. Well the heat and frustration down there would get even Gandhi agressive, I guess :)

15. Invoker Gems: 12/31

Ah yeah that sure wasn't nice :almostmad:
    I think no matter what players should keep their cool. The tension of the moment is no excuse. It is a football game after all no matter what the stakes are.

Another result i didn't expect. Japan is out!! Turkey wins :)
    There is still Korea match to come. I hope they don't get eliminated as well but I'd bet my money on Italy. Then again, I get this feeling that I always choose the wrong side to win :lol:

16. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Your insight serves you well. The ball is :roll: . Golden Goal now. Woohoo more football.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited June 18, 2002).]

17. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

South Korea equalise against Italy with 2 minutes to go!

Extra time being played as we speak. Go Korea!

[EDIT] What an incredible World Cup! Congratulations to South Korea [EDIT]

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited June 18, 2002).]

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

And South Korea win!! Great playing by them :D

19. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

good result for s.korea, shame about japan though- if anyone, thought it'd be japan who'd go through. only one favourite (brazil) left now, let's hope england knock them out too! :go-on-england:

20. joacqin

Media:
    Gli Azzuri out!! What the hell is happening in this WC? Wonderful for the host nation Korea. But got damn! Never ever has so many favourites fallen. Not one of the biggest favourites are left. Amazing :tie: :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.