1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WC Football started!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, May 31, 2002.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mh...
    Final: Germany-Brazil

Looking at their results in this wc,I think Brasilia will win.

Poor results for germany:
    Korea 1-0
    USA 1-0
    Paraguay 1-0
    Not very though opponents if you ask me... have you ever noticed them in any former worldcup?
    Germany-Ireland could wasnt very good too, 1-1. The 'king of football' was equalled by its toughest opponent this wc.

cameroon 2-0, that's better, but not much a surprise.
    Saudi Arabia 8-0. Oke, that's quite a lot, but then again...I never noticed KSA was at the WC.

Brazil is doing better:
    Turkey (not to be underestimated) 1-0... could be better.
    England 2-1... Football is an English game, right?
    Belgium 2-0
    IMO, all tougher opponents with better results.
    Cant remember the other results, but I have to admid that Brasils opponents Costa Rica, China and Turkey wouldnt have been too much of a problem for Bra.

Looking at these results, I think Bra. will win.
    I don't support theatre-brasil, nor cowardly defending Germany...

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Here's something I've heard said on swedish television a number of times. It must be a quote from someone: Can someone tell me the correct quote and who first said it?

"Football is a game where two sides play for 90 minutes and the german side always wins with 1-0."

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Brazil wins! And deservedly so (I was rooting for turkey :heh: ) They've impressed me a lot. It looks like germany won't be able to hold on to the game either against brazil in the final. And they're missing Ballack. Well, you never know before the game is played. We'll see :)

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I'm most definitely rooting for Brasil.
    No offense to all you germans! I love you guys, but your football just isn't as entertaining as the brasilians. :D

5. Silverblade Guest

The Brasilians are good football players, but I think (and hope) the Germans will win.

6. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] This is from German TV:

Germany had a harder way to the final; we've calculated the average "world rank" of each teams' opponents: Germany beat a rank of 23 (34/15/17/1/13/40), Brazil only a rank of 26 (22/29/50/23/12/22)!

7. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Damn it! Damn it! Ater such an exciting tournament with all the outsiders humiliating the "footballing nations" we get Europe vs South America in the final. Boring. Dull. Predictable. :sleep:

Who cares who wins, the playoff for 3rd and 4th is the real final.

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG]
    That's great son. :1eye: Don't you think that South Korea had quite a bit of luck though?

The final is OK IMO. Brasil definitely showed the most quality (did you see the secon half against England) and they are fun to watch.
    Germans - welll, I didn't think they played that well, but you know what they say: if the other teams were better why didn't they score more goals? :D

9. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Good point, though our team didn't play the kind of football brazil shows off with they played consistent - and they improved over the last matches. And fortunately Kahn is a really fabulous goalkeeper. Just a real pity Ballack is banned :( Not that germany didn't had much luck too - their's however wasn't related with referee decisions.

I'm looking forward to sunday, when time and space will stand still in germany.

11. Brazil has got to win.For gods sake they are gonna win why am i worring???

BRAZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

12. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] :D Throughout the last matches of south-korea there have always been the ugly rumours around that south-korea had benefited from questionable referee decisions. Now we have all the answers we need: Turkey is wiping the floor with them:

:evil: already 3-1 after 33 min :evil:

Corrections: Ah well, not quite wiping the floor: The turkish play formidable and the koreans are very agressive either. Plenty of chances, the korean penalty was just perfect. Very active match, eventually the koreans managed to shoot the 2-3.

It is remarkable that the koreans have been attacking firecely all over the match, running back and forth for 90 minutes, respect. Funny scene at the end whe the turkish team got the medals and half of the players brought their kids with them, having them sit on their shoulders when they went around in the stadium, without a doubt a remarkable experiece for a 12 year old :heh: :)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 29, 2002).]

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31

Final Score 3-2. Korea got a consolation goal at 93rd minute. Turkey is 3rd place woot!!! :D I'm sure pretty much no one expected that.
    You have to give it to the Koreans though. They are a good team. But I still think they're not as good as portugal/italy/spain. But this is football. Better team doesn't always win :)
    Which btw, probably is the motto that keeps german hopes alive :p
    j/k I want that game to be with as many goal and let the better team be the champions.
    Too bad the WC is at an end :heh:

14. Ragusa

Media:
    ++++ Germany vs. Brazil - first half ++++

First half was thrilling, very good german defensive play, good offensive start, 4 german corners vs. 1 brazilian corner - so germany played tactically clever and pressed on the brazilians. German defence mostly was well able to bind the brazilians - if they failed the brazilians had hot chances, 3 good brazilian chances vs. 1 good german chance.

I can't wait for the second half ...

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm banking on Germany to win. Please, Germany must win...

Yeah, so I betted on them :p

EDIT:

Uh oh... 80th minute and Germany are 2 down. I wonder if it's too late to withdraw my bet? Ah well, you win some, you lose some :)

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited June 30, 2002).]

16. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] So Germany is second (sigh). But it's better than we thought in the beginning of the WC.
    Poor Kahn. But he's tough, he'll get over it.
    Ronaldo was too good. And because of his comeback after lots of injuries i really can't
    be angry. It's a great pity we can't naturalize him in Germany. ;)

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Glorious! Wonderful! What a worthy ending for this WC. Amazing final, both teams played really well. I can not find any words to describe Ronaldo, this must be the greatest comeback ever. I thought he was finished, how wrong I was. Germany played their best game in the tournament imo as did Brazil. Kahn's tiny little mistake decided the game, there are no marigins for error in a WC final.

18. Invoker Gems: 12/31

brasil penta campeao mundial de futebol :heh:
    Nice try Germany but no dice. I expect Germany to be a favorite contender for the title in 2006 when the world cup will be held in Germany ;)

19. El Brazil gano en el Mounteal.Hurrrrrrrah para todo el Brazil poderoso!!!Verlonenes Deutchland und das alle machtige Kahn wahren destruyd.Hopend das er uber im erzalht!!!

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Practice your foreign language skills somewhere else. English is the official language on these boards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.