1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapons

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Yerril of Morningmist, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1. Yes ( If paintball equipment counts )
    2. Have'nt got a clue

2. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Hey Kit,

Quote: ...they are prominently displayed in our living room. Beware all robbers :borg::evil:

Hmm, prominently displayed... Wouldn't that make easier for the robbers to spot them and use them against you? :p

Oooh, I have only one weapon. I bought a small replica of the Gunblade from FF VIII and went to a sword-smith and requested him to make a life-size sword identical to it. It has sharp edges and can be used in a real battle. Cool, no? :evil:

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited January 09, 2002).]

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If I had a weapon, I'd want a replica of Masamune from FF7... Or a Buster Sword from the same game. But a gunblade is cool, too... How much did it cost?

Ara
    (If I buy no food for three months, then maybe...)

4. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

I don't have any weapons yet. But, I would love to have a rapier or two. Those are just my style. And if I could find a place around here that teaches fencing, I would so dig classes.

Oh, and archery wouldn't be so bad either. I like bows. :)

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Actually, by the time a robber got to the weapons, both my dogs would have woken us up and we would have those weapons in our hands to show them up close :grin: :evil: :rolling:

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited January 09, 2002).]

6. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

thats why guns are so great kit.

long range, concealable, easy kills, silent (if you must) etc....

my dad owns some sort of boomstick, i don't know models or anything.

7. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Come on. Put the weapons away now.(in motherly voice) You could poke someone's eye out. And you don't want to twist your ankle swishing those swords around. The bullets might cut your skin or something. Careful with that quarterstaff. Its your own fault if you give yourself a nosebleed.

8. I tried archery, and got a bruise on my forearm the size of Germany. Apparently I am right handed, but I close the wrong eye.

9. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

well all, I am back from my xmas break! and ready to talk about weapons!

the three section staff, is a three section staff, other wise known as the 'three long nunchaku' I have two of those, one oak, one rattan, and many regular nunchaku. Even though these are okinawan weapons, usualy associated with karate, I myself am a wing chun man. But the nunchaku are great for cultivating fluidity of motion, and speed - and they are like a martial arts yo-yo

10. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Hey all whats up I havn't been on sence summer and I figuared ah what the hell why not stop on. Any ways my answer to that question is I don't have a weapon yet but what I would like to do sometime is when i go to the Rennisance Festival I would like to buy a battle ax or a flail.

[This message has been edited by Psycho. the fanged rabbit (edited January 10, 2002).]

11. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I recieved a 150 lbs. crossbow for Christmas. I thought at first it was sort of a toy, but after I put it together and shot it a few times I realized it would probably pass through a human skull completely. Its almost scary, but ideal for home defense I suppose, and fun to play around with as I don't hunt or anything. I'd like to take it fishing, though, even though I'd be breaking the law in my state.

12. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I own a rubber chicken and some duck tape.
    But my display weapons include .44 Desert Eagle, Jap Katana, Sythe(real size, almost touchs roof)

13. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I started Tae Kwon Do recently so I suppose my weapons are these fists and feet o' mine. I wouldnt mind a No-Dachi, though; that'd be pretty cool. Or maybe some big old punch daggers... Heh; you people have brought forth scary violent thoughts in my impressionable young mind :D

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

We have a hundred years old rifle on the wall in our living room. You have to load it manually (stuff some gun powder and a bullet into the barrel :D).

15. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I have three swords, two daggers, four guns, two butterfly knives, two practice katanas, eight swiss army knives, a BB gun (pistol and rifle), a hidden pen-knife and a cat named Fred.

Don't dis the cat.

16. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I also have a century-old piano.

Wait, um, that isn't a weapon? I thought you could drop them on people's head :p.

17. Well, my dog smells, she could be counted as a weapon (1d10 poison damage per round)

18. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

(Spudsquisher: ...the three section staff... I have two of those, one oak, one rattan, and many regular nunchaku. Even though these are okinawan weapons, usualy associated with karate.)
    Usually associated with Karate? These weapons are trademark Shaolin and formerly Chinese peasant weapons. Mainly associated with Kung Fu, or more acurately what I (and Jet Li do) Wu Shu.
    Mine being metal causes serious problems when practising. Thought I was cool once giving a little demonstration and knocked myself with a swiveling end of .5 inch metal thick section in the back f the head causing concussion. Now I train with a helmet on :))
    When my weapon is in quaterstaff form it doesn't pose nearly as many problems.
    Anyone else recieved any such injuries (or worse) from their weapons?

19. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] *once more the squisher of spuds awoke from his deep slumberings to enlighten those who are in need of his direction*

+tense music+

"formerly chinese peasant weapons" do you know ANYTHING about the orient? do you know, for example, about Okinawa? are you aware of the origins of the nunchaku, the sai, the tonfa? that these weapons were taken from being farming tools on okinawa due to an edict on weapons, and that karate is derived from kung fu that was taught to the okinawans? the three section staff is certainly a shaolin weapon (along with rings) the nunchaku is certainly not.

+tense music fades+

the nunchaku started life as a rice flail
    the tonfa started life as a mill handle for grinding

oh and wu shu..*tsk* looks good, not overtly effective in fighting. *waves fist at picture of mao*

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited January 16, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited January 16, 2002).]

20. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have two shotguns that I inherited from my brother (he was into skeet shooting).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.