1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Webcomics!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Iku-Turso, May 23, 2007.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You forgot to mention that it's a robot made from an Xbox! :p Ctrl+Alt+Del is my favorite webcomic of all time.

#2 would have to be The Forge. :lol: :rolling:

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, got one that was spontaneously offered by someone on other fora (and the topic had NOTHING to do with webcomics :skeptic: ) this morning:

Kawaii Not

Rather witty jab at 'cute' art that manages to be both slightly perverted and yet still Safe For Work...

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Already mentioned:

OotS
    Erfworld
    8-Bit Theatre
    The Noob
    Megatokyo
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete
    Xkcd

Also:

College Roomies From Hell - randomness about a were-coyote, a guy with a tentacle, a guy with weird eyebeams whose soul lives in a cat etc...
    Penny & Aggie - Good comic which, unlike most on my list, is at least partially grounded in reality.
    Inverloch - Beautiful artwork and fantasy story.
    Count Your Sheep - Nice comic about growing up, yet strangely funnier than when I went through it.
    Catharsis - Originally about a woman with a pet dragon, now is mostly random funny sketches.
    Candi - Funny weirdness, including Menjou the Ferret vs the Squirrel Mafia.
    Ubersoft - Pisstake of Microsoft, and also Apple, Google, the Linux OS and many other computer-based companies.
    God Mode Online - Great comic based on gaming.
    Dungeons & Denizens - D&D from the monsters' side.
    Sorcery 101 - Wizards, vampires, werewolves etc in modern reality.
    Darken - Brilliant story-driven fantasy webcomic. Probably my favourite. Based heavily on FR.
    Drow Tales - Engrossing story about a young Drow growing up. My second-favourite.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The same ones others have already mentionned:
    - Garfield
    - Non Sequitur
    - Calvin & Hobbes
    - Peanuts
    - Dilbert
    - Order of the Stick
    - Penny Arcade (used to like it a few years ago, now much less so)
    - Erfworld (strangest one of the bunch)

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Holy Moly! Check this out: Dresden Codak! This Dungeons & Discourse strip might blow your mind and your funnybone!

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    OMG, Iku, that webcomic is amazing! :)

7. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's strange to see that Exterminatus Now! hasn't shown up yet. Since I first heard about it here...

I also read;
    Girl Genius
    Zebra Girl
    OoTS (who doesn't?...I've been reading since like...Number 10)
    Erfworld
    Hellbound
    Turn Signals On A Land Raider

...I'm not really big on the whole webcomics scene. I used to read the Golden Throne too.

But what all started webcomics for me...Was...Yep, you guessed it...A Modest Destiny (and Starship Destiny), which has now closed down...I read since the second comic was up...I was very sad when it closed...
    In fact, the 'PA Thing' that originated from this comic is why I've never read PA. If you know what this 'thing' is...Don't comment. If you don't, don't worry about it.

I read Elf Only Inn for a while too...I got bored.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.