1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird dreams...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Gurtha a'coia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Triactus: “Oh, and do any of you, like me, have the power to either modify or end your dreams and wake up?”

I also have the “power” to alter the course of my dreams. Which I suppose you meant when you used the word: “modify”. I would rather identify that “power” to the level self-consciousness possessed while dreaming. I once heard that controlling our dreams is something that can be mastered by doing exercises such as trying to keep in touch with reality (say “hello reality I’m still here” every five seconds) while nearly stepping in the dream world. That does kinda scare me though, since I do not fall asleep easily. Anyway, the only use I can find to that ability is for people who do not like their dreams. The problem is that the feeling of hate or fear toward our dreams is a wall between us and the power to control our dreams. Anyway, getting back to the topic . . . if you are weird and you somewhat control your dreams then, you might get weird dreams. Personally, I always rectify things up when having a bad dream, so that I do not get a bad ending. Well actually, sometimes the little guy in my head whispering dreams to me, tricks me. He is quite clever (well . . . more than I am). Anyway here’s a sample:

I was running. (“Where” does not matter, but “why” does.)
    So I looked back and what I saw was someone that looked just like I do (in reality).
    Whatever I did, he managed to keep up with me.
    So I thought, well maybe he knows everything I know since he’s I.
    I kept running to get some more time to think.
    Then: “Oh, how simple!”. I turned around and fired at him. (Do not ask me where or when I got the gun.)
    The guy being really near, blood spilled over me, filling me with an eery feeling (I find dream world feelings are hard to describe).
    I looked at my hands to realise they weren’t mine.
    Suddenly, I was looking at a creepy faceless guy (although I had the feeling he was laughing at me) as if lying on the floor.
    Of course, at that point I wake up. (I do not believe one can actually die in a dream.)

The dream was still vivid in my memory so I wrote it down. I do this often, it sometimes make good ideas for D&D games. I guess the moral of the story is: “do not try to win over yourself” or maybe it is simply that we are all weird in our own way and so are our dreams.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When I wake up I keep making sure I have all my fingers still, I wake up and think 'Am I still in one piece?'

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Sumtimes a dream about meeting people i never met or being at places i never been

and 3-4 days later it like happens.

I have these dreams since I was 6 so i´m no longer surprised when it happens

But it´s still freeky weird sh*t

:coffee:

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Damona has dreams about me.

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Shralp, meet me on Waikiki Beach in a half hour. I'll bring my door, you need only show up in your clean, dry towel. ;)

6. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I will erase my face immediately.

7. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had a dream the other night that I was the head of a huge crime organization. And the heroes had entered my building, but of course they had to go through my obstacle course to get to me. I decided to try and kill them with ray guns before they got a chance to get through the huge maze in the basement. I had to go myself because all of my henchmen were stupid and I figured they would get lost.
    I kept running into the hero’s army they happened to bring with them, and it was like one really long game of laser-tag. I ended up getting shot in the leg, and brought to a prison. I escaped, even though I was in a wheel chair (I’m soooo good) and escaped by my private jet that happened to be on the roof of the prison. I found a secret hideout on an island where there were a bunch of stupid people in 2 tribes running around and voting people off. I killed all the contestants and forced the camera crew to join my forces or die. They chose death. Before I could destroy them, Baldak woke me up, “It’s almost 11:30... blah, blah, blah.”

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, the one I remember the best is like that:
    I am coming back alone from a space mission. All planets are in a weird formation. Sun at the top. Mercury below it and so on. Some weird thingamajig had to drop me to Earth, but I dropped past Earth and then i remember falling down. Uranus and Neptune the last things I see, before the oxygen runs out and i close my eyes in defeat...

I died. Well, it was quite weird and i was seriously frightened when i woke up.

Then i have such dreams, where I face my killer and there is nowhere to run...

Also, once i saw a dream where i was sitting in a chair, my feet under me and reading. Then i saw a big snail slowly coming towards me. I screamed and catched something to smash it, but it turned smaller and started to move very fast. Then i woke up.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I dreamt that i had to kill a banshee called agatha(from a drizzt book)with my friend, we fired our m16's at ther but we cant damage her, then suddenly my friend throws a grenade and kills her.
    Then im back at my house in the mountains and suddenly i see a glimpse of Agatha resurrecting and moments after that the nearby lake starts to swallow my entire village, and mud comes up from the earth.
    i start to run and suddenly someone screams at me and i turn around to see one of my friends sinking in mud, i run back to get him and grab him and pulls him up just before it is too late, then i hear a loud howl and Agatha is flying past me in the sky while laughing, then i faint.
    Then i wake up in my real life house, and finds out that there is a penguin flying around in my house and scaring my friends, i go out to the bathroom and grab my dual scimitars and my longbow and attack the penguin with the swords, just before i kills it i find out that it is actually an expansion for NWN, and then i wake up

hmm thats my longest post ever:)
    sorry about the spelling but im a little tired its 05AM here:)

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Morgoth, have you chosen to be a divinator? :D

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Damnit, how come all you people get to have cool dreams, I hardly ever dream. There was one weird one once that I had though, can't remember it very well though. I think I was in a room and for some reason some rotting green dude that looked a bit like Frankenstein was their doing the usual zombie like walk towards me. I know there was a sceleton there as well. I was about nine or eight when I dreamt that.
    I've also had a couple of dreams that I'm sure I've had before though it seems as though I've had them years apart. Then again, I can't remember if I've realy had them anyway:hmm:

edit: uh, Tal, why the hell isn't the smilie working?

[ August 04, 2002, 09:44: Message edited by: zaknafein ]

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, Deathmage. I´m one of Mystra´s Chosen.

Wow! Me brother of Elminster and Kelben Blackstaff! Bow before me humble mortals or I shall dream your horrible future, or I could get my big brothers to help me with worlddominance!!! Mwehwhwuaauaua :evil:

God, I should stop touching this stuff

:coffee:

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am not me, but am me?

I keep dreaming I'm in an octogan shaped room and there are seven other people apart from me, but I am not actually 'me' but seem to be all of them at once and I see through all their eyes, it is a bit weird and things that happen in there happen in real life

And I can always tell if family or friends are hurt as well :roll:

14. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have alot of wierd dreams involving people I have never met before in real life and I meet and have sex with them arn't dreams mostly on things you have seen through out the last day or to? Do you think I'll ever meet thede people kinda like dashavoo (check spelling)?

15. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Deja vu. It's french.

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Ooooh, French.... very nice....

:confused: :confused: Don't ask me :confused: :confused:

17. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I another dream like that again please tell me what does it mean.

18. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Last night I had a quite funny but strange dream. I was in the kitchen making dinner. Tacos. And my father was there too he was helping me with some stuff. I was chopping a cucumber reaaallly slow and my dad said something like: Hurry up! The rest of the food is finished. Do you want to take the cucumber with you in the shower so you can finish it tomorrow?
    Umm...I'll show him I thought.
    Then I started chopping. Like hell I chopped, one second and the cucumber was finished. give me something more I said. dad threw me a couple o tomatoes. I chopped em.
    Then I said: This is just like in that movie ya know! Oh what is it called...
    And then I got very mad at my dad and said:
    Cant you see?! Why dont you watch me daddy!?
    Look I chop these vegetables real fast! Look!
    Aren't you proud of me pa?
    And then he just looked at me and pulled up a gun from his pocket and shot me!
    He had that sad face yopu know.
    Then I laid there, like for hours. I was dead I think and I watched him continue my cooking. He like ignored me. He took my chopped vegetables and threw them away. For my dad, cooking is a very big part of his life. He loves food and he wants m,e and my littlesis to be able to cook very good. My littlesis is going to be a cook when she grows up. I am not.
    It was a horrible dream.

[ August 15, 2002, 21:43: Message edited by: Eilonwy ]

19. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I had a really strange dream yesterday night- I was a drow elf mage, and I was on the surface. I was in an ancient Rome-esque world (white marble, pillars, etc.) I was facing a good aligned human, and I could cast spells by dancing!! A load of rocks came down at me from goodness knows where, and I ran. Then I noticed a huge minotaur coming my way, and I had to get away. I smashed a window that was floating in the air, and climbed through, scratching my finger in the process. I woke up, and I had a scratch in exactly the same place on my finger... Hey, I could still be asleep right now, and all of today will have been dreamt up :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ August 16, 2002, 20:01: Message edited by: Mister Rogue ]

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Mister Rogue, you are obviously just a big evil mullet! You have the potential for great evil, and I must crush you! :good:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.