1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What brought you to the BoM? What part is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bassil Warbone, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tal invaded my dreams with the message "visit the Boards o' Magic. Visit the Boards o' Magic." So I did.

I've been trying to escape ever since, with no success.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    waaaay back I first got BG22 and totally sucked. IDidnöt play for a while, then got helpful suggestions from sonmeone which included getting Shadowkeeper. Googled, ended up gere, and sicne I was on a message board craze at that time, I registered... and ther rest, as they say, is history. Probably quite well chronicled by Fel in the RBP istory :p

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

BG22? Did I miss something :p

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    yeah, the part where they crowned me the Typo Queen :p

5. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well my short story involves months of lurking as well, and lots and lots of downloading. I figured I should give something back to the community after so much lurking and downloading so I clicked the 'Help Wanted' link and noticed the opening for DA News Editor. Applied for it, registered at the BoM and started posting. To my surprise, I found a positive reply from Tal. Talked some on ICQ and PMs with chev and started doing the news for around a month so? Did a few General News topics here and there.

Lost my internet and then had to find a job. Re obtained my internet recently and then went for DA News Editor once again. Had recent bad news about my mother which forced me to (once again) quit the highlights posting. My mother is actually working and doing quite well, although she does need that operation sometime soon. I'd return but I work 12 hours and life has been busy. I don't want to make any 'promises' without being 100% sure I can keep them for at least a month :D I recently sent a donation to Tal though, so I'm still trying to do my part to help.

What keeps me here? Heck, what doesn't? Great place for a good laugh, good story, good debates, great people, and good beer :beer:

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I liked the overall spirit and atmosphere of the board. I think what got me to register was some random BG2 tidbit that I just *had* to step in and correct, so it happened pretty much on a whim.

What keeps me coming back is the Alleys, although I don't post as much as I used to. I mostly let other people do the :deadhorse:

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I started to play BG1 almost as soon as it was out in stores and that time it was, and it still is, totally fantastic. Somehow I managed to play it through only once, however.

Then a few years back I got bg2 and was extremely hooked. Since the game world was huge, I started to look for tips from a finnish site, but as it did give some insights into the game, I found it a little bit too lacking in the info I really wanted to find and in the discussions I wanted to participate. Then they recommended this and another site in that forum, so I looked it up, found SP not only a great place for discussions about Baldur's Gate, but on other topics as well.

What brings me back here all the time is mostly Whatnots and the alleys, but whenever there's something in the bg -sites that I know of, or want to know more about, I make my humble contribution there as well.

And the people here are amazing! Truly. Feel proud of yourselves! :D

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ditto

I liked that I could find information without having to read through a lot of unrelated crap. When I asked a question I got good answers.

Now I'm mainly involved in the RP forum, occasionally the Alleys and I like to read Creativity Surge. Lots of talent here on BoM.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

When BG first came out I posted for help, stayed around a year or less then disappeared. Then I came back again a bit less than 2 years ago iirc? because I was stuck in another playthrough of BG2 :D

as with the others, i like the overall atmposphere. that, and it gives me something to do while i'm working on the computer. i mostly hang out in the sensorium for the movie games or booktalk nowadays.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Something BG2. Don't know... maybe walkthroughs, maybe custom content. Perhaps the latter. ;)

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, walkthroughs and portraits for BG brought me here; but the friendly, entertaining & stimulating staff/clientele is what keeps me coming back to this fine establishment! :D

12. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I was searching for BG2 and Planescape Torment walkthroughs when I stumbled on SP.

I kept coming back for the game info at first then the realized what a great variety of topics get discussed here that have nothing to do with gaming.

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Came searching for a BG2 walkthrough, I think. Seems like ages ago now. For a month or so I would pop in here every now and then (didn't use the internet much back then), mainly to check the weekly polls and the Alley. Registered mainly because of that.

I mainly lurk these days - reading the NWN2 forum, the NWN Toolset forum when ever it's used, and a few of the non-game related forums. Why do I stay? Mainly the people, the atmoshere and the good debates that sometimes go on.

14. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'd re-installed my BG2 for the nth time, and I decided to look for mods on the wonders of the Internets, when I stumbled onto Sorcerers. After my modding frenzy had ceased, I eventually became interested in the BoM, and registered., mostly confining myself to the Alleys.

However, I eventually realised that arguing relatavistic issues such as morals with people on the Internet was short of having a point other than raising my blood pressure, so I now spend most of my time around the BG2 forums.

What keeps me here is the knowledge that the BoMs is one of the only remaining bastions of sanity in the Internet.

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

For me, it started by me signing up so I could access something for BG2 (I forget what it was now) and I thought it ws going to be like so many other sites that I signed up for, where I accessed info but never participated in forums. The main thing that got me to start posting was the fact that one of the key rules was to use proper english, a rare commodity on gaming sites and most use bloody '1337' which, for someone like me, is extremely hard to understand and seem extremely pointless.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.