1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What did you do to remember 9/11?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Z-Layrex, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Exactly. That's why I'm not standing on my eyebrows or clapping with my ears if some idiot decides to crash a plane in WTC.

[ September 11, 2002, 21:50: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You know someone (everyone actualy ;) ) might think all the Slovenians are so EVIL :D :D
    So perhaps someone else should improve the impression :)

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] This is Whatnots forum, but even Whatnots has it's line.
    Next statements in this form will die instantly.
    So, peace!

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sorry guys. No hard feelings?

[I said no more spams. Ok?] - Ex.
    [Gee, I was just apologising]

[ September 11, 2002, 22:19: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

5. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I just have to disagree with you Mollusken. Several things have been done.

For example in front of the american embassy they had one torch for every victim that died in the twin towers attack. And both my sisters had one minute silence held in respect of the victims at their schools...

6. Kooran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I wore a "PEACE NOT WAR!" shirt to a school tree-planting school assembly.

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just can't believe what i've heard from some people... god can't....understand... the evil.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Nope, sorry

Just like another day at school, except for the fact that some idiot kept screaming "Oh, my god, watch out for the airplane!" and things like that

Good thing he got suspended

9. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Im very sorry about WTC, but the americans aren't saints themselves

----------------------------------------------
    In just five days' time, Palestinians will remember their September massacre of 1982. Will a single candle be lit for them in the West? Will there be a single memorial service? Will a single American newspaper dare to recall this atrocity? Will a single British newspaper commemorate the 20th anniversary of these mass killings of 1,700 innocents? Do I even need to give the answer?
    ----------------------------------------------

[ September 11, 2002, 23:03: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You ignorant s***. How DARE you criticize Americans in light of the 9/11 attacks. This is the first time I have EVER felt like hurting someone after reading a post on SP.

[ September 11, 2002, 23:03: Message edited by: SlimShogun ]

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Jesper is right. While the events of 9/11 (or 11/9) were horrible, let's also take time to discover even worse incidents that should also be remembered, if just for the sake of reminding others of the consequences of hate. 800,000 Hutus dying of Africa of genocide. The Palestine/Israel conflicts. There's still more. Yes, 9/11 was different, because it was an attack on American sovreignity and pride, but let's take time to remember incidents just as bad as, or worse, than 9/11.

Oh, and we said the Pledge of Alleigance twice in day and had a moment of silence. Yeah, that'll leave the memory of 9/11 emblazed in our minds for every waking hour for the rest of our lives.

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I watched a little of the ceremonies...But mostly I just enjoyed a beautiful day in my neck o' the woods, took a drive, and listened to music.

I didn't look at today to be a day of sorrow...If anything, a day of remembrance. As an American, I want to remember:

1) There are people in the world that fear despise what they think America stands for; so be wary, be vigilant and try to help in any small way. (I give blood every 60 days)

2) Anyone can make a difference. I think about the firefighters and airline passengers in PA, and how they acted heroically in the face of death - that despite the terrible events, we, all of the United States, are made of much stronger stuff and we will not be bullied by thugs living in holes.

3) Take action. I've noticed ever since that day, I've tried not to be complacent. Sometimes I falter, but I keep in mind why this country was founded, what our deepest beliefs are, and I strive to do a little more to help my fellow Americans each day...Not big things, but little things like: smiling more, greeting strangers more often, and holding doors open for people. it's amazing how often the littlest of gestures have huge results.

4) Stay in touch with the people I really care about. You never know, and I hate to regret things I haven't done.

5) Live each day the way I want. No one will dictate my actions through fear or terror tactics.

So for all my fellow Americans here. Remember the event, but use it to inspire you to greater achievements!

14. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I accually think that the happenings at Chile this day 29 years ago is alot bigger.
    But about WTC I remember that I was turning 15 same day, and I had my bracers removed, a nice day it seemed. Then the WTC collapsed, unfortunatly, a very said happening, thoug the consekvenses, for example the terrible war in afghanistan was worse.

15. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well many of you guys might as well be talking about who has the biggest dick for Christ's sake. :shame:
    What difference does it make which national tragedy was the biggest or the worst? Today happens to be the anniversary of the terrorist attacks upon the US. If you want make people more aware of other tragedies, why don't you bring them up on their anniversaries and we can all learn to have a little more compassion for our fellow man?

As for Keneth, I imagine he has not yet come to terms with his own grief over losing loved ones. He's probably stuck somewhere between anger and apathy, which makes his lack of emotion over the people who died here a little more understandable.

I was so incredibly moved by Europe's outpouring of compassion and emotion after 9/11; All the vigil's and makeshift altars. The US has always been so egocentric; That outpouring blew me away. What an opportunity we had to become part of a larger world. Now we want to turn our backs on it and go back to being the big bully on the block.

16. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I went to school. I worked as normal. Life went on. Nothing different happened.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I watched a documentary about the firefighters of NYC and held a short silent moment, but other than that, no one around me seemed to care... and I hated it. When they showed footage of the even it the TV, this utter moron of a 13-year old that is in the same GH called it "Cool". My first reaction was to thwack him on the head, but I did not... he would have just ignored it. Instead, I forced him to look me into the eye and slowly told him how fooolish, how callous, how dumb was to say something like that.

He didn't care.

It made me feel so very ashamed of him, of the people around me... where was their compassion? why no one remembered the importance of the date beforehand?

Ara
    (In a state of confusion)

[ September 12, 2002, 10:09: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

18. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well..Didn't really do much.
    Watched a program bout it and started to think a bit.
    Then I went to bed.
    I think that I first now understand what really happened...
    Sad. ;(

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Everything went as normal with the exception of a 1 minute silence in me college ...

'Oh yeah and a few live eye witness accounts were read out. After that, i just read some more of the stuff on newspaper where people were questioning wether Bin Ladies is still alive.

20. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think that this 13-year old deserved a whack, but there are many people, who just do not care.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.