1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Football Manager 2009, and knights of the old republic 1

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Still playing Fallout 3 :)

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Briefly played Left 4 Dead with a friend on his Xbox today. It's kinda fun, but I'm not that terribly impressed. The AI controlling the remaining 2 teammates wasn't too clever. The game's not really scary and relies far too much on hordes - it's effective the first few times but quickly wears out.

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've heard nothing but good things about the PC version.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Been playing Ghost Master, I gave in and bought it from GOG.

I really am out of money now though :o

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To quote myself:
    So I have been playing through the game again, and this time I didn't miss out on all the snipery goodness that is the Vintar BC, following The Magister's advice. And I have to say that I liked it a lot. Quite possibly my favorite now. It even trumps the Gauss Rifle in that it is very satisfying to see that headshot land after compensating for the ballistic trajectory and enemy movement. Shots that are good looking enough that I'd feel it appropriate for the announcer from Unreal Tournament to say Headshot! once the target gets flung backward and then collides with the ground.

Plus the fact that it's silenced enables me to continue picking them off from a distance, without them being the wiser about where the fire is coming from. And I do like stealthing around.

For close combat I found that I liked the Tunder S14 and the FT 200m a lot. Especially the Tunder has very little recoil in automatic mode, and coupled with the 9x39 bullet it packs a whallop. The FT 200m is basically the same goodness but uses a different calibre for when you run low on 9x39 ammo. And the coup-de-grace: they both sport grenade launchers. Great for clearing a room.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I downloaded a demo for a game called Spectromancer. It seems interestning, but I really don't have as much time as I'd like to actually play games on my computer...

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Playing Red Alert 3! Mother Russia crushes all!

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Planescape: Torment... it's been long enough that I've forgotten most of it!

10. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Throne of Bhaal, Shogo, Operation Flashpoint...theres not many I can get running on Ubuntu :(

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Yay for Shogo! :) I thought it was a very enjoyable game, although the contrast between how easy and fun the mecha levels are compared to how difficult and frustrating the "on foot" levels can be made me feel the game was not balanced well.

By the way, you may need to use Win98 compatibility mode to get the music to work on WinXP (and Vista I suppose)

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Shogo, I know that one. Nice shooter. I never finished it, how did it end whit the ladies?

13. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Too long since I played it last, I really dont remember all that much of it...but its such a good game, I had to reinstall it :)

The menu graphics are messed up, and the intro writing for each level gets more scrambled as I play successive missions, but aside from that it runs good with wine.

Anyone know how to get the Icewind Dale games to work with wine? When I have 3d on in IWD and quicksave or autosave (ie leave a map) it crashes to desktop. When I turn 3d off I can quicksave and autosave, but it stutters so badly its unplayable. Have the same stuttering unplayability with IWD2, as it has no option to turn 3d on. Funny thing is is that Ive had no troubles at all running the Baldurs Gate games, they work just the same as they did when I had evil windows.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Sounds like you could try using Windows. It usually runs games. :holy:

WoW update: I started three characters, a blood elf mage (lvl 21), an orc warrior (lvl 19) and another blood elf, a paladin (lvl 24).

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Last night while my internet connection was down I got in sessions with Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, and Medieval II: Total War.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Left 4 Dead and Red Alert 3. And I got to say I'm enjoying the hell out of L4D.

RA3 is nothing new though. Fun, but not as engaging.

17. webslug Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Games

Mainly been playing Oblivion/Fallout 3 and Doom 3 Coop, I made a few mods for Oblivion and have a few on the drawing board.

Looking forward to getting back into BG2.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Fable: The Lost Chapters

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl with the Oblivion Lost mod. It's like playing a whole new game. :)

20. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Sacrifice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Throne of Bhaal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.