1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Finished GTA 4 - I stopped playing ages ago because I got stuck on a couple of missions and not knowing I was only five or six from the end, I let it collect dust for a few months.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I attempted to play Dwarf Fortress.

I didn't last long.

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Playing through Fallout Tactics for the first time. Even though I bought it six years ago. Maybe more. Shut up.

It's, uh, fun. If not very deep. Not exactly Jagged Alliance 2. But, y'know. Super Mutants. Miniguns. Flying limbs.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I'm still having fun playing DotA on WCIII. It gets REALLY frustrating...

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    And half of that is just from getting a good game up and running :(

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Currently playing American McGee's Alice. For a 9 year old game it holds up fairly well.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Trying to complete Farcry 2. It's really good but I'm sick of the respawning enemies at guard posts! Most of the time, I end up trying to find ways to get around them.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The best things in Farcry 2 were the stealth system and the ending. The quests up until then sucked.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Diablo II. I enjoy it more now than when I first played it.

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Wing Commander Prophecy
    Wing Commander Secret Ops
    Wing Commander IV
    Freespace
    Starlancer
    X-Wing Alliance

Does anyone detect a theme? I'm still not over being pissed about the demise of the space sim genre.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    One at a time, one at a time! :shake:

Oh yeah, you forgot the Elite series in there. For shame!

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Playing Mysteries of Westgate. it is really a great mod, the ending feels a bit rushed (guess they learned that from obsidian ;) ), but the rest is very well done, with some well written npc's and some very hard battles

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Diablo 2!

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The Witcher (second time through. EE this time) and Civ 4 (this game is like crack).

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which is why I uninstalled it. :sick: Love that game. Hate that game.

Do you have the expansions? They add a lot.

16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Still playing Oblivion, adding more and more mods as I go. The best ones so far have been the one that changed the menus to something more pleasant to the eye (I detest large icons and fonts in general) and the one that exchanged the levelled creatures for something not levelled.

I've just bought a copy of Civ4, the complete edition, which also features the expansions Warlords and Beyond the Sword. At only 10 Euros, I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what all you people were getting so excited about for myself.

17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Drakensang. D&D but not as we now it. A good first try that deserves more.

18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    Yes. The expansions really are great.

19. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Due to exams I only have time for the odd game of Street Fighter 4, though it's bloody good. I recommend it to anyone who liked the old SF games.

20. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Played some Civ4 last night, and I find it addictive in the same way as Settlers 2 and HoMM 3. Once you start playing, it's really hard to stop, so playing session tend to be longer than I'd wish, but there's not much pulling me back to the game once I've finished a map. No overarching campaign or compelling story which makes me come back for more the next day.

Also, I've no idea what I'm doing when playing. This game almost requires a strategy guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.