1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is Your ST, DX, CN, IN, WS, and CH?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Herf: i dont tend to believe you, sorry :)
    Muscles that look like 210 kg bench pressing would easily make you a participant of Mr Olympia.

If you say these were 210 pounds, i would say you are trained and strong.. 210KG!!!! Sory. My class could be Non-believer (lvl 23 is suppose :))

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 09, 2001).]

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeah, 400 plus pounds is a major bench press. I've only known a few peole who have done it. They were big dudes, and on drugs to boot, but I'm certainly not accusing anyone here. I made it to 365 lbs. w/o drugs (never used them), but I was never a powerlifter so I didn't push it much further. I had a bench of 365, a squat of 600 x 2, and a deadlift of 455. I competed as a bodybuilder in those days. Now I just maintain. I use mostly dumbells, don't "max-out" anymore and still squat with 365 for reps when working out. So, I'd say my strength is around 16-17. I think 18 and over is reserved for the truly exceptionally strong, like those strong man contestants that pull cars and lug full kegs around. Now those dudes are in the 18/00 range.

4. Avooch Dar Guest

British people are very strong.........and a little too violent. You would understand if you saw our recent behaiviour at the Football world cup and the Euro championships. If you are American then i am talking about REAL football not your own version.

5. herf Guest

no, im serious, its kilograms!
    i went catatonice the toher day and i lost about a quarter of an inch on my arm and im ragin, that took me months! but at least i didnt do what ym mate done, he went catatonic and lost an inch and a half off his chest!

6. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Catatonic? what exactly do you mean by catatonic? Or do you mean catabolic? Catabolic makes a bit more sense. If you were catatonic, I take it you couldn't move?

Oh yeah, no offense here, but you aren't one of those people who gets their drugs from a cheesy chiropractor with white jeans, a mullet, and a 911 with a whale tail on it are you?!

[This message has been edited by Orkrist the Cleaver (edited May 09, 2001).]

7. herf Guest

i meant catabolic, my heads fucked up! i used to do the steroids but only for a two month stretch, they werent worth it, they werent the hard stuff, just the anabolic (sp?) steroids, the natural stuff, now i just use the drinks weigh (so?) and the other one, cant member the name.
    the steroids slow you down and the muscle grows to quickly for ur body to cope, i found it wasnt worth it, too quick and you cant handle it.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've noticed some guys my age or lower giving themselves INTs of 17 or 18 due to grades in school. SCHOOL GRADES MEAN NOTHING. I myself came top of each class I sat in school last year, but that's mainly through luck, and I know squat about stuff that isn't needed for the exams. As you can tell from my appaling grammar (somewhat worse than that of those who speak English as a second language),ignorance and misapprehensions I am as thick as piggy-poopie. Maybe I should lower my INT to about 12.

9. shadow_thief Guest

so... this is wat im like...
    ST:15(so wat if i kick and tackle hard?)
    DEX:16(look im a snowball pro here?!)
    CON:15(i usually last a bit longer for running 5 min of my life)
    IN:16(not as smart as Dudette(wink,wink) but smart enough!)
    WIS:14(i advise...stupidity)
    CHAR:16(im smiley and i try to make as many friends as i can :) )

10. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

shadow thief ! ur constitution should be 5!!!!!! ur ALWAYS sick... :D

11. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well I am going to be as honest and modest as I can be:

Str: 12
    Dex: 12 - I'm not very good with fiddley things like opening sweet wrappers
    Con: 15
    Int: 18
    Wis: 16 - some times obvious things don't occur to me but I believe myself astute enough to deserve such a rating
    Cha: 17 - at times (such as when in a bad mood) my swaggering arrogance and dismissive impatience air.

12. Parvini Gems: 10/31

Ironbeard - it does of course depend on what type of Exam you sit. At GCSE level (I assume America has a similar system) all that you are required to be is a sponge, absorbing information and reproducing when required (or squeezed if we are keeping with my analogy). However at A-level, especially with my subjects (Englsih, History, Drama, Media Studies) the emphasis is very much on analysis, understading and interpretation. Intellegence need not be a measure of knowledge as you seem to think. Wisdom is the application of knowledge; intellegence is something quite different.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Parv, if you think that's modest, see my jewel second from the top. :D

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Fine, just doing my sour dwarf grouching roleplay bit. I'm sitting Advanced highers at the moment, and am finding them kinda tricky. Time to knuckle under. btw Advanced Higher approx. = A level. Last year I did highers, approximately equivalent to an AS or half an A level. My subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Higher tech studies. Maths has moved a lot more to knowing stuff than it was. In my opinion, wisdom is the application of knowledge appropriately. The acquisition of knowledge is covered by something different, and so I tried using INT.

15. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

STR: 15 (I work-out 4x a week)
    DEX: 13 (just a wee bit above average)
    CON: 12 (average here)
    WIS: 16 (I learn from my mistakes)
    INT: 11 (I once was an academic, but this attribute is why I make mistakes, thus my wisdom)
    CHA: 17 (I am very easy-going and can be charming)

[This message has been edited by Roghnaithe (edited May 17, 2001).]

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

**After further reflection I realized a couple stats should be downgraded.**

I see people tend to overestimate stats quite a bit. Just so you know, 12 is above average; 15-16 is exceptional, say the top 20% in the world; 18 is quite rare, probably less than 1%.

That having been said, my stats would go something like this:

STR 11
    I'm average build, but there is more strength than is readily apparent. I've lost ground compared to what I had five years ago though.

DEX 9
    Average. Nothing special. Can't be good at everything.

CON 12
    I don't get sick very often, but I am somewhat out of shape. Not a whole lot of stamina anymore.

INT 18
    No, I'm not overrating myself here. I consistently test at or very near genius level. Always been that way.

WIS 16
    I'm pretty good at dealing with people and situations as well; an ability that has put me in the role of counselor and tutor quite often.

CHA 15
    I'm a well-liked guy nowadays, and constantly pulled in multiple directions by my friends who want me with them. This stat tho has seen major change in the last few years, as I used to be a loner and shy with people.

As for personality, I'd be closest to the gnomish tinkerer. Engineering is my lifeblood, although if there were magic IRL I'd probably be deep into that as well. I have somewhat of the gnomish affinity for dissembling, sadly. :(

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited May 16, 2001).]

17. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

For me:
    Class: Thief
    Str 7 (pathetic weakling)
    Dex 13 (I can sneak quite well)
    Cha 17 (I can get most people to do anything i want)
    Int 18 (Have been called a genius Many Many times.)
    Wis 9 (Purely average)
    Con 3 (always sick somehow)
    Alignment: Chaotic evil (I will do anything to achieve my ends.)

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Strenght: 9 (not so bad, not so good)
    Dex: 9 (like above)
    Con: 12(I haven't got any serius illne for years)
    Int: 15 (I'm a clever guy)
    Wis: 13 (I'm working on it)
    Cha: 12 (I'm quite satisfied with it)

19. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Nobody would call you a genius for resurrecting a soon-to-be-year-old topic, especially considering the fact that have been much more recent topics on the same issue.

20. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Perhaps he drank a potion of genious, Skedaddle *g* It gets even better. (S)HE actually made a response in the recent thread and THEN resurrected this one. *LMAO*

Anyway this braniac-thingie from the majority is quite a miracle. Perhaps I should contact my professors at university and ask them to look into this. It appears only geniousity plays CRPG, quite a study. :D

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 28, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.