1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What you'd love to do to Anomen!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drathir Darthirii, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

OK, here are some of the better known voice actors who did roles on the BG series, and some of their other works...

Rob Paulsen.... Anomen in BG2 & Kivan in BG1 and believe it or not Sarek, voices Pinky on Pinky & THe Brain, Carl Wheezer of Jimmy Neutron, Spike in the Land before Time Movies, Eric in the Little Mermaid, Yakko in the Anamaniacs, Morte the talking Skull in the game Torment, Major Glory in Dexter's Laboratory, and Raphael of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is considered to be one of the best and highest paid voice actors in the business.

Irenicus is David Warner, best known for his role as a serious actor in Star Trek as Chancellor Gorkon

Jim Cummings is Minsc,Gorion and Firrkragg. He is known for doing both Pooh and Tigger as well as Fuzzy Lumpkins on the Powerpuff girls, Did Rasputin in 1998 Anastasia, and is the "Announcer" on Pokemon.

Grey DeLisle is Nalia, better known as Daphne in the Scooby Doo Cartoon shows

Kevin M. Richardson/ Michael Dorn are Sarevok & Bhaal, The First does Captain Gantu in Lilo & Stitch, but the second is best known for his serious role as Ambassador Worf in Star Trek

If I learn of any more, I will post them :)

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Nalia! I now know why she comes so awfuly familiar to me. Heck I think Daphne and Nalia has a very likely hair color as well and they are both smart!

Thank you!

Minsc, Gorion, Firrkragg, voiced by same person? Oh my! I must salute him really! He did such a wonderful job, I never realised it!

BTW aren't you going a little off-topic? Maybe some admin will lock this topic! Please don'T! :wail:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just get back on topic. You can always open a new thread to discuss the voice actors in the game.

4. David Falkayn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually, I tend to agree with you Lady Constance as regards Anomen--he is a good character with a very good and poignant backstory. As I said in a post on another topic, the only thing his story really lacked was a path that could have led to his complete corruption to CE to mirror the LG path. I put a lot of his whining and bragging down to the fact that he was mentally and probably physically abused in his youth and very attention starved.

As for what to do with a "drunken Anomen"--let's see...how's about a mod where you can set him up with Rumar's wife? She'll give him all the attention he needs...

5. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I agree with David Falkayn and Lady Constance as well. And WOW! Anomen = Morte? that's surprising :eek:

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Anomen with Rumar's wife? Oh no. :shake: I should be horrified, but it sounds so funny.
    And as for what i'd like to do to Anomen...(mental block)...Tease him about his beard I suppose, or the Order since he takes such pride in it. The Order, I mean. ;)

7. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

itching powder in his armor...err...tunic...

8. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holy freaking God, Anomen is voiced by Rob Paulsen? I thought it was John O'Hurley or something. Damn, that guy is good.

Oh... uh... yeah... much hate for Anomen... scorpions in his ale... etc.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I just want to see him humiliated, anhiliated and broken...possibly NOT dead but hey he just begs for it!

Ah and my PC's alignment is NG. :D I guess it is the taint of blood that makes him feel so much loathing.

I have the romance hack and if I get him to my party I fear he might call my PC 'my LADY'!

Then, I will take him to my personal Planar Sphere, and as he stands in the major hall I will cast a little funny spell on him: Flesh to Stone!

And he will stay there for an eternity! Nice for decoration you know! And I can always call him 'The Statue of THE Foolish Snob.' Oooh I just liked the idea! Can as well try it! What do you think? :roll:

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

No, he'll call you 'my lord'; his dialogues have the <PRO_LADYLORD> coding in them.
    Ooh, in that room where you meet the knights. Then you'll have TWO empty suits of armor on display. :grin:

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No Fel, I have asked this question here a long time ago, and was answered that a majority of the romance dialogues were hard-coded. Doesn'T Anoman have a VOCING telling 'my lady?' I guess he has and this can't be changed.

But petrified Anomen is a great idea. I like it more as I think about it.

Plus it is not an evil act, I didn't kill him!

OH, :idea: maybe first I should make him wear the cursed belt of gender exchange, polymorph him into a squirrel, and THEN petrify him/her or whatever! This will be great for complete humiliation, and is not THAT evil. I don't want to kill him! :D

12. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

None of the actual dialog is hardcoded, it's all in dialog.tlk.

But yes, I think Anomen does have voice files relating to his romance string where he says "my lady" (since he isn't normally programmed to romance males).

If you know your way around Near Infinity, you can always creatively edit baldur.bcs to make AnomenMatch return false for your male characters.

Then again if you're just going to transgender/squirrel/stone him anyway then, er, nevermind.

[ January 08, 2006, 15:21: Message edited by: Prine ]

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:doh: Bah, I keep confusing him with his regular banters (where he has <PRO_LADYLORD>) and Viconia's romatic banters (where she has <PRO_MANWOMAN>).
    Actually, it's worse. Think about that guy and his party petrified in that estate. The time lapse alone would be easily considered torture since by the time Anomen "wakes up", everyone he knew and loved may be dead. No purpose, no reason for living. Better (less evil) to kill him right away and save him the misery, not to mention the future's misery in having to put up with the moron.

14. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

@David,

Something that I have often thought of was like you had mentioned, Anomen going CE or LE, and upon failing his test be given the opportunity to become a Death Knight or an Anti -Paladin, and when Sir Ryan Trawl tells him that he will no longer taint this place with his presence, have the change occur, and since he is already angry, have him take out the enitre Radiant Heart. Another possiblity that I had thought of was to maybe?? have a mod where if he takes revenge, and fails his test, have the PC take the fallen paladin quest with Anomen in the party, go to the Bridge District and allow Anomen to show his face. In either circumstance (whether or not he takes revenge or passes his test), he tells Reynauld that he failed it. When Arnag shows up, Anomen could join the Fallen Paladins and a new quest could be created around them.

As has been mentioned, Anomen's storyline in the game is touching. What really got me is the part that if he takes revenge, although he makes his father proud of him initially, later a messenger comes to him addressing him as the "Former Son of Lord Cor", hands him a bag of gold (to keep him away I would think), and says that since he can't have someone who is a murderer around as it's bad for business, that he has disowned him. That is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Cor really seems to hate his son for some reason which was never fully explained in the story line, IMO, and I have wondered why. It seems like it would be more than the fact that his father was a drunk, and that Anomen did not want to take over his merchantile business. That seems quite hollow. Oh, and FYI, if you go to Anomen's home after Moira's death and detect evil... Cor shows up as being evil. SK if you go to the character browser, says Cor's alignment is LE.

15. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Cor is Evil. And All your dealings with him show him to be a petty hollow man that wallows over no bigger reason than that. He didn't treat Anomen's sister any better than he does Anomen in any of it. She was no better than a servant even though she was Cor's Daughter And Anomen's only use was either to see to the family business or deal with Cor's enemy. Cor Really seems to have no value for him other than that. I think other than the letter he shows this best when you get Anomen to defy him so that he would pass his test.

All in All, Cor is a very shallow man but a well written character from that aspect.

16. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

heh, I would like to jingle Anomen's codpeice!

17. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@come 2 the dark side - that's lovely. Thank you for your much-appreciated contribution to this conversation. BTW, it's jiggle from the PP Flirt Packs.

18. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

@-Moon Elf, I don't really care, and I think that jingle is much better then jiggle.
    I would also like to burn Anomen....

19. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@come 2 the dark side - as an alternative to death of a thousand cuts, why not death of a thousand burns? Seeing as you are an arsonist in the making...heh.

20. come 2 the dark side Gems: 1/31

yep... arson
    I would also like to push Ano of a cliff

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.