1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the best race in IWD II?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by kinddred, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Ahhh, but there are half-elves, the worst race, IMHO.

I think there is only a "best" race if you take into account what you want to do with the character. Since this question doesn't do that, I vote for "Human" as the best race, as there isn't anything they can't do well.

2. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

For power gaming, Drow and Deep Gnomes are the best, period. Level penalties are only really penalties early in the game, as later on, lower levels actually increase the rate at which you pick up XP and the relative difference in strength isn't all that much ... yes a cleric with Raise Dead is much more useful than one just shy of it, but by then your characters should be much less prone to dying, making Raise Dead less important relatively speaking. Spell resistance AND the huge ability score bonues(Drow)/AC Bonus(Deep Gnome) make them the best, especially if you're going to min/max.

If you're not power gaming than it all depends on the composition 'theme' of the party. I have a party of paladins and monks which has three Aasimar, a Tiefling, and 2 Humans. If you're going to have a fighter combo(other than fighter/pally where Aasimar is the best), than Dwarves are the no brainer class to go with. For a Barbarian or Barbarian/Cleric, Barbarian/Druid, I'd go with a half orc. Sure he gets penalties to intelligence and charisma, but there's no role playing reason not to bottom out a half-orcs charisma for points, and wisdom is untouched. For dealing out damage, there's nothing so good as starting with a 20 strength, casting holy power and champion's strength, then getting to add rage on top of it. And of course, humans are the default to slip into damn near anything.

Anyways, that my 10 cents on the subject

[edited for grammar and spelling]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.