1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rolsuk Fryulee, May 3, 2002.

1. herf Guest

Oh, I retract my last post. Shrek is not my favourite movie. Leon is. Thanks to Sir Dargorn for reminding me...

Leon is a masterpiece, nothing equals or rivals this film in my view.

Not even Shrek comes close. Leon is just out of the scale for me.

2. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Leon? ...haven't even heard of it.

3. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My favorite would definitively be Apocalypse Now Redux.

Beutifoul movie, love it

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning, smells like victory"

4. It would have to be a tie between LOTR and Shrek, closely followed by the Matrix, then...wait for it... A Beautiful Mind. Gasp! Blasphemy!

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Fellowship of the Ring
    Braveheart
    The Patriot
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :)

grmbl... stupid flood-control

6. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas = 16.

Damn bats!

7. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] "A knights tale
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That movie was awful!! I wanted my money back after seeing that!! How can you possibly say that!!"

I don't mean to insult you but, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!! How can you not like that move. It's a great movie! :flamming: :mad:
    :flamming:

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Shawshank Redemption and Circus. Great films :).

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mmmh, seems like I better bought that Shrek video...didn't see it...did sell it...didnt buy it. Darn!

Braveheart is my fav. I like the accents and the insults, but also the romance, the action and of course the music.

Ocean's Eleven wasn't that great. It was a fiasco a long time ago. The way they robbed the bank is cool, but the movie was just nice. Very cool music though! Bought the CD.

Last Sunday, I saw a part of Star Wars for the first time (Don'tknow what Chapter...the one that Lucas Skywalker, if that's his name, finds out that the Darth Vader is actually his father.) Never saw anything of the whole lot before. It was nice..okay...I like fantasy, but I don't like SF.

Oh, yeah! Shawshank is a very good one indeed!
    And of course, The Matrix. Yeah, I know I just told you I don't like SF.

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited May 07, 2002).]

10. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

In no particular order:

- The Matrix
    - Groundhog Day
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    - From Dusk Till Dawn
    - Pulp Fiction
    - Reservoir Dogs
    - Jackie Brown
    - Gladiator
    - Fight Club

There more, but this is the first I can think of.

11. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

How can anyone vote for "From Dusk till Dawn". Sure great, great, great, WTF (the ending?) crap!

Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favourites though before anyone think I'm Tarantino bashing.

Lets try an older one too:

"12 Angry Men". Great film. Do not be scared just because it's B/W.

Out of interest, how many people switch over if they see a black & white film, without giving it a chance?

12. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There are some *very* good B/W movies.

That 12 reminds me of "12 Monkeys". Great movie. Gotta go see that one again...:).

And the end of FDTD is great! It's so very non-optimistic.

* SPOILER ABOUT THE END COMING NOW *

I mean, almost all the good guys die, and when the man (Clooney) and the girl are the only survivors, he abandons her! Brilliant! :)

* SPOILER ENDS HERE *

13. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] singular and plural... differently-spelt words with different meanings. :rolleyes:

favourite film is seven samurai.

14. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I like Aquirre, Wrath of God; Mulholland Drive; Wild Side and Withnail & I

15. Silverblade Guest

The Blues Brothers.

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.......we go slow like beetle up hill, HEEEEE YAAAAA!!!

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's a three way tie between Battlefield Earth, Eye of the Beholder, and Wing Commander the Movie!!!

18. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So many to choose from...

Lets see I have watched Natural Born Killers at least a million times so I suppose that would be a fave :D

Knights Tale is up there what a hottie!! hehe

Little Shop of Horrors, Legend.... a few others that I am sure I'm not thinking of right now :)

19. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Well we could start with the lame ass story on a cliche plot, add some terrible acting and a classic rock soundtrack and make it waaay longer than it needs to be. :p

I guess if you're a chick and think Heath Ledger is hot that might make it much better.

Anyway...
    Just saw the Godfather (and about damn time too!) and Tora! Tora! Tora! last night; can add those to the list. :)

20. Vladimir Furey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hmm favorite movie, eh? I would have to say at this stage its a tie between Lord of the Rings and Blackhawk Down. Both of them just own.

What I do know for sure though, is my favorite song of all time which is "Baby Got Back--Sir Mixalot" woowee, i can listen to that song for hours on end.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.