1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where do you get your screen names?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Once, a long time ago I was palnning a live-action RPG that never game to be. One of the characters was Arabwel, a total Raistlin wannabe. Then, I changed her name, and changed it back... but the letter "w" stayed. I started using the name "Arabwel" for some characters I wrote in fiction... and it got stuck. It all began with my Yahoo! ID....

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Aikanaro - Quenya word meaning 'Hell Fire'

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    <Anal Tolkien snot>

Also, "Aikanaro" was the name Quenya of Aegnor, son of Finarfin and brother of Galadriel, who went along with the Feanorian and got killed.

Although some post-LotR exts suggest that Aegnor/Aikanaro was the son of Galadriel and Celeborn...

</anal Tolkien snot>

4. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Mine's quiet obvious, I got it out of my lack of imagination. :p

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    The top of my head! Dandruff is quite imaginative :p (hehehe)

6. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Elndrile is my Lawful Good Epic Bladesinger/Arcane Archer I've used in several campaigns. He is the pinnacle of everything elven.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't excile in anything (but mindless speach), so I thought that Master of None would be quite a logical name. I changed None in Nuhn, making it a bit more 'mystical'. It could be some fantasy world perhaps, whatever you like.

8. night_hawk Banned

nothin special really, i just taught of it while i was sitting

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

First I saw another one on the internet that was called "Razor".

I changed it so it became "Rayzor", and thought of anything that I could put in front of it.

It became "Ai Rayzor" because I was going to play Quake 2 and liked the idea that there was artificial intelligence behind all the bots.

"Sir" was just to make it seem more like a knight in shining armor (read: Paladin although I don't play them).

That's how I got to be called "Sir Ai Rayzor" :)

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, speaking for Beren and Morgoth, Lord of the Rings :) .

Myself, well I saw the clip for regurgitator's 'black bugs', and at the end, there is a picture of satan walking across the rainbow, and it comes up with 'Beezlebub as Lucy', well, i spelt it wrong when it came to writing it as my screen name.

Not that mysterious, but effective.

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I got games, I got net, I wanted a nick because I thought using my own real name was both unimmersive and plain stupid for security reasons. So, X-Files was a big thing and Fox Mulder was a tough bastard. Only now I also remembered that I liked a game called Starfox, which probably played a part in it as well. Because Fox was unoriginal however, I thought of a hardly spelled nick called "Foxz" (yes, call me an idiot why don't you? :) ). I used that for some 5-6 years, then decided to change it not only for getting bored, but because a four-letter nick starting with a name/animal known around the world isn't exactly original. So I tried this and that, and after a while I ended up with Forashi (Tora = Tiger [Japanese], Shin/Shine = Death [also Japanese], these two combined, with the former "F" as a first letter still remaining, made Forashi... I really wanted Ichimei = Life [Japanese] to be there instead of Shine but Foraichi just sounds plain stupid, in any form you might try it).

Then, just a year or two back I read Greenwood's Elminsters and Shandrils and thought that Forashi was somehow too hard to see as a name. It didn't feel like it had a purpose, or personality. As if it was a word that meant nothing at all. So somehow I just came up with Foradasthar instead, and that's long and far-fetched enough to guarantee uniqueness, plus to my eats it sounds cool just in the same mystical way I want it to. I have my fears that to an English speaking person it might sound like "for a (dasthar)" which seems completely rediculous and stupid, but if that really is the case, it's their problem. :)

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    *yawn* Not this question again!

BGDungeon went down. Went to look for another forum. Found the Shadow Network. Wanted something cool. Chose Deathmage. It stuck, because then everyone called me DM.

And now I have a website named after me. Whee.

13. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Mine is the Elven (maybe Quenia) name of Gandalf. Tolkin in LotR witten that in Lorien called Gandalf Mithrantir the Grey Pilgrim (or traveller) and since i believe that i resemble that character a lot and some others too but this is out of topic. My character in every game in the last 10 years is called like this. Except planescape of course ;)

14. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Hmm, I've responded to about twenty of these posts before, but I like doing it, so: Slith was a draconian second-in-command of a rogue group of draconians that tended toward good rather than evil.

15. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Game name, originally from BG1 (well that's the game i started using it in).

16. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Look at the avatar.

'Nuff said.

Few of you guys may remember my old username. That was random and evil. So now I'm just frosty.

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Frosty, not all people have played IWD :rolling:

DINOTIGGY!

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well in short I am trying in present time to create an army of monkey's who I am theaching to take over the world...mwhahahahaa, -a little louder- mwhuahahaahahaha -yet more louder- mwhuhahahahahahahahaha -loudest- mwhuhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ahum

What?

That's already been done before sir!

Oh really?

Yes!

Oh, well than just steal some nuclear war heads and hold the world ransom shall we? OK!

--------------------------------------------------

Seriously the first time I explained this to anyone I got laughed in my face, so if you are really interested try searching back to september last year ;)

19. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

It's because of your forest of back hair, isnt it Apeman. C'mon, you don't need to hide it from us.

Hehe, back hair.

20. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I always like nomad. But everywhere you go there's someone named nomad, so I started thinking (really, I did).
    Looked at my favorite characters/classes and stuff which are all either thieves or assassins and I came up with nocturnal. Maybe not the best name ever, but I like it, and it's not used a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.