1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where do you get your screen names?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

LOL!

Well no, it's not THAT embarrasing.

2. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well I have two primary sns. Silverwolf86 (which I use for online board/network thingys...) and LittleTigerCC. So because I like sharing the stories involved, I'll share both.

When I was in 1st grade I was super-short but I had a small bit of temper and I'd been known to throw punches when pushed a little too far. Also one of my great-grandmothers was Native American (Huron, as I discovered this year) -- which my friends found out when my school had a Native American speaker come and tell us about their lifestyle etc. So my classmates called my Little Tiger after we went to the Philadelphia zoo because they felt that even though I looked small and harmless, I packed a powerful punch and if I lived in a Native American community then that would be my name. However, I moved from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts almost right after first grade so no one knew that was a secret nickname of mine until 7th grade when I let it slip to my best friend -- my best friend who then spread it around the entire school. At first I hated it when people called me that (mainly because the people calling me that were like a foot and a half taller) and I tried to get it to stop... but it was inevitable and after two years of reacting furiously, I actually grew to like it. "There's a great big tiger inside of me just waiting to get out!" And then around freshman year, I was about halfway through writing my book and I decided to name one of my favorite side characters Little Tiger -- a (equivalently) 14 year old lythari who had the habit of taking over situations when the real leader wasn't there (something I'm famous for doing.) And then I've outlined and started this big prologue to my trilogy where Little Tiger's actually the main character... it's mad fun.

So now we get to the Silverwolf86 sn :D That story starts with 2 weeks at a Christian camp (that started to get boring) with counselors who thought they could handle any situation with quotes from the bible and who probably needed to question their own beliefs just a touch more... Rather than get into details which would embarass my best friend who ritually gets a job at that same camp each summer, I basically convinced the counselors there that I thought I was a werewolf. Some of them just considered me a freak and tried to stay away from me, and some of the others tried to psycho-analyze me and tell me that fantasy isn't real and neither are werewolves. Ahhh that was fun. :evil: Never underestimate how easy it is to send fundamentalists on a witch hunt. Anyways, so I convinced them I was a werewolf. And since this was the end of my 8th grade year, I was very well into writing book (I started in 7th grade) and in order to get my people to actually read my book I put them in as characters. Kind of like cameos in movies. So one of my camp friends wanted to be in my book. Now he actually looks a bit like a werewolf so sort of as an inside joke on him (and my other camp friends) he gets to be a "werewolf." -- A 16-year old boy who got bitten by a lythari, (elves who turn into wolves like Little Tiger, with some Native American-like traditions) so he's not quite a normal werewolf. And the lythari who bit him (besides being the main character's since dead father) was the leader of the Silver wolf tribe. As the leader his name was "Silverwolf." And as a human he went by "Peter" except during quarter waning moons when he goes as Peter Silverwolf. Hrmmm I can see that story is a bit incoherent but I'd have to take the excerpt of the chapter to clarify it. . . *shrug* PM me if you really want it clarified for any reason.

Anyways so tying in my random babbles, I use the Silverwolf name for many online things. The 86 is because in most things I do, just plain Silverwolf is already taken. And 86 added individually is 14 (how old I first was upon creating Silverwolf) and is the year I was born in. It also sounds nicer with Silverwolf than anything else. ;)

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This guy is one of my favourite knightly types from literature; plus my favourite class is Paladin/Knight style. Unfortunately plain Sparhawk is nearly always taken :mad:

4. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Valkyrie: a Norse warrior maiden.

I always like to be able to defend myself, so being a warrior is a must.

Also I'm a girl, so 'viking' really couldn't've worked, among many other names (besides, someone has that, don't they?).

Also, my character was a Valkyrie in a video game.

I sort of wanted to have a sn that had something to do with elves, but I couldn't think of anything good at the time. So its Valkyrie.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like dragonflies, I think they are pretty. And when I was really small I got bitten by one (hehe)

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Mine's from a Monty Python sketch - "it doesn't mean yes and it doesn't mean no, and I'm not being indecisive".
    Really lame and meaningless, I know, but when I joined SP I was too lazy to come up with something better.

7. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It was a nickname in "real life" for many years, thanks to a high-school boyfriend and his friends. But it's a silly name for a grown-up and I regret using it when I joined up here. It doesn't suit me anymore. I was very sprite-like at 15 but now at more than double that age I'm finding that "Dwarf" or possibly "Half-Orc" would be more suitable. :p

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Very unoriginal and self-explenatory.

Well I DM a D&D game and... that's it. At first I wanted to be Sagnarelle, or The bowler's Hat guy, or even Boyscout or maybe Lord of Quebec, anyway I choose this name, and AFAIK I can't change it so I'll keep it.

BTW Sagnarelle is myu favorite Moliere Char, he simply rock!

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shura: from Japanese and Indian buddhist mythology, a Shura is a spirit of violence, war, strife and vengeance. :cool:

Also, in some Chinese expressions, to say that one has been through the trials or flames of the Shura can also mean that one has been through a terrible experience which most likely contains bloodshed and violence and came out better or worse for it.

As far as I'm concerned, my usage of the word 'Shura' as a name/nickname/persona is in no way connected to any Islamic terms or ideals. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.