1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where do you live?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The_Prophet, May 23, 2002.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dark, rainy, gray and ordered Sweden here. I dont know if I should be grateful or not that I live in the very south, longer and warmer summers than up north but no winter to speak about. Fall last from September to May...

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA. I am moving to Nashua, New Hampshire, USA next week.
    Both of these locations are in the Northeast corner of the USA.

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The eleven-yeah, I meant to speak to you. Sorry about that. Yeah, Chicago is becoming too rich for my blood, more than I would want to spend to live, at least the way I've grown accustomed to it since I left Chicago. But, as far as a world city goes, when I was there, it was awesome.

Bars...well, I have a lot to say about that. I used to go the Gin Mill because they had this deal for all you can eat wings and all you can drink beer from 6-8 on Mondays, and then slide up to this other place (I can't remember the name) right by Taco Burrito Palace on Halstead for 25 cent pints. Other than that, I used to eat at The Red Lion (and drink, too). There was the L & N (or M?) on Clark and Belmont, the Lakeview Lounge and friar Tucks later when I became a sad bar crawling drunk (the Lakeview is open 23 hrs./day). I used to go to Rosa's on Lincoln a lot, and worked there a bit. I even drove Rosa home some nights! Let's see, where else...The Northside and Estelles over by North/Milwaukee and Damen, that 6-way intersection. Also the Holiday club over there. BW3's I avoided-too yuppified and I make my own wings with a homemade sauce and I think their wings suck. I'm a well educated guy who made a descent living in those days but I have a very "working class" drinking style. I don't put on a mercerized cotton shirt and just slightly outdated fashions, bring out the cel-phone and cruise for dumb girls, which is a big Chicago pass-time if I rememeber. There were several other hole in the wall joints I went to, I can't remember them all, there's just too many of them. I miss Chicago's night life, thats for sure.

Chicago is changing a lot, there's so much development. The sad thing is, Chicago is a wealthy city and was when I was there. Its not a city screaming for development like St Louis is or whatever. They don't need all these "708-ers" as we used to call them coming in for there tax bracket and investment potential, but they're doing it anyway. More power to them I suppose. But, the last time I was back in Chicago I felt like I had never been there it was so different...

4. Silverblade Guest

I come from the Netherlands.

5. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Sweden here
    "Far up in the north" as Joa says ;)
    nope, I live in the middle of everything
    I am a girl and I am 13 years old.

6. Thorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

San Antonio, Texas, in the good ol' USA

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Forashi, it's nice to see a fellow countryman here!

Yes, you guessed right, I'm from Finland as well. I live in the north, but not too north.
    I'm a female and soon to be 17.

Ara
    (Who ate the summer butter?)

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Larvik in southeastern Norway. No we don't have polar bears (except from at Svalbard), and were not that rich. At least we don't think so ;).

9. I English(Scotish actually).Thought I was born in South Africa.But now I am living in Greece.That's right Sirdan.Were in the same country.

10. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Germany (it's in europe and quite sunny today)
    36 years old :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.