1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #3

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

lucky! :eek: We've only got until "Extinction" available over here :mad:

just finished Spartan, I'm definitely going to pick up more of VMM's work :)

Going to start Dark Moon by David Gemmel

3. Arendil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Raymond E. Feist "Magician"

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That book had the single worst ending I've ever had the displeasure of reading :p

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

'Chosen Prey' seemingly from the 'prey' novels by Jhon Sandford. Nice little thriller so far, quite a psycho killer so far but we'll have to see what comes out of his freak mind at the end.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

really??? :eek: I'm nearly done, they've just reacquired the Eldarin Pearl but its still pretty good..

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Dark Moon has a fine ending (First David Gemmel book I read), and a good book throughout. I'm reading through Drenai tales Vol. 2, and thoroughly enjoying it :)

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

er, actually i just finished the book and i tend to agree with Amaster's point of view about the ending :/ It is not the worst ending I've ever read but it is pretty bad. Well, the part about Karis anyways. yeesh. :/

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    John Ferling - Adams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

echoes of the great song by david gemmel. main character isnt as interesting as Tarantio but the other characters are a bit better than the ones of dark moon

11. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Dracula. Believe it or not.

12. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Invader - C.J. Cherryh

Every bit as good as I remember Foreigner being. Probably the best depiction of a truly alien society I've encountered.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I have started on Robin Hobb's Mad Ship. With all of my business travel I am not having anywhere near as much reading time as usual.

So far I would have to say that I like the series about the same as the Farseer trilogy at the same point - i.e. it is good but not great.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Almost finished 'Ship of Magic' by Robin Hobb. Even though not much happens in the book, I am finding it to be compelling reading. Hobb has an amazing way of getting inside the heads of her characters so that you really know what's driving them. Even a spoilt brat like Malta has some understandable reasons for her behaviour.

15. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Fire Dragon by Katharine Kerr, no dragons yet. :p I'm looking forward to the release of The Gold Falcon, the final book of the entire Deverry series.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

It was actually a "graphic novel" (aka comic :D ) but since it was by Neil Gaiman I consider it a book :p I just finished "Marvel 1602", it was Gaiman's take on what the marvel universe wouldve been like in the 1600s. Awesome stuff, I recommend it.

Have just started Autumn Bridge by Takashi Matsuoka. It's the sequel to Cloud of Sparrows and it's quickly shaping up to be even better.

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Garden of the Moon, the much beloved book here on SP. It's actually a re-read, which is a good thing since I'm enjoying it way more than before.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Working on FR's Avatar trilogy as research for a story. Finished 'Shadowdale' and am waiting for Chapters to get resupplied with Tantras. In between, Amanda Quick novels.

19. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I just finished 1602 myself. Much sweetness. I also finished the "Revenge of the Sith" novelization.

Currently reading "Idoru" by William Gibson.

20. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Delicate Creatures - J. Michael Straczynski

Take a typical fairy-tale. Now set it in a non-specific totalitarian nation strongly reminiscent of the Third Reich or USSR. Sit back and enjoy the resulting fireworks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.