1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #4

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I finally finished The War of the Flowers on the train home today. It started slowly but it got better as it went along and overall I would say it was quite good.

I am working from home until the end of the month and with Christmas stuff going on as well I probably won't be doing much reading until January. I am not sure what I will start next - I guess it will depend on what I receive for Christmas.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I finally finished all 893 pages of Bradbury Stories and have started Vitals by Greg Bear.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'm re-reading Dan Brown's DaVinci Code and enjoying making a MST3K experience out of it....

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I don't think I managed to get past the first fifty pages of that book. I like Bear, but something about it just didn't do it for me.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Really? I like it so far. The action has just started with Hal's deep-ocean research trip seemingly sabotaged by something placed in the food, his deep-ocean finds later destroyed, Hal's twin brother Rob killed and a hint that the people behind it are those that do not think man should live for thousands of years.

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Also, Greg Keyes and Tad Williams are very good. If you get a chance, check out the Briar King and the Charnel Prince.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Chandos

those 2 books are a collaboration between the 2 authors? Also, how did Shadowmarch turn out?

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I now have a heap of books, and am starting with The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Brown's back to "will reread when need to hecjkle" pile - American Gods by Neil Gaiman is SO taking priority. :love:

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Finished on time with Dune and I got three books this Christmas:

• Godel, Escher, Bach: An eternal golden braid,
    • Song of Ice and Fire, A Feast for Crows and
    • The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 2
    Needless to say, I will start with the bigger masterpiece amongst them, "An eternal golden braid" :D

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

"1984" by George Orwell

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Finished "Vitals" which was a good read, but left too many things open and unanswered at the end for my taste.

Started "Swift Thoughts" which is set of short stories by George Zebrowski.

13. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have been given "The Great Book of Amber: The Complete Amber Chronicles, 1-10" and will try out this evening if reading it might lead to back injury.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Just started Dan Brown's "Deception Point". Quite disappointing so far.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yesterday I finished The Dispossessed - you should all read it :) It's certainly not a simple utopia - the flaws in both of the societies are put forward excellently.

This morning I read Animal Farm by George Orwell. Very funky.

And now I'm reading The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Murakami Haruki. Haven't gotten in enough to comment yet - though the writing is sound.

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Nope.

Also, I have not finished Shadowmarch. It must be the Holidays. :)

17. Melhisedek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I'm forcing myself through reading 5th Harry Potter book. My God it is boring, not at the least as the previous 4 :(

Please someone tell me it gets better and that 6th book isn't as boring as this one...

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I would say that the 6th book is better than the 5th, though it is still inferior to the rest of them.

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hitchikers guide ot the galaxy and Pawn of Prophecy by Eddings

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I got the 'Chronicles of Narnia' for christmas...I think I'll start reading that soon. :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.