1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Yes enough to buy and read, personally they are not in my top ten and imo could have been better, but they are still a good read.

2. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm reading Servant of the Shard

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    IMO, Deadhouse Gates is the weakest of the four volumes I've read thus far of the Malazan Books. Don't form a full opnion until you've read _Memories of Ice_ and _House of Chains_. The series just gets better as it moves along.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Memories of Ice rocks.

I am now reading "Star Wars: Outbound Flight" by Timothy Zahn as a change of pace of my recent Malazan-a-thon.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This morning I started on Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth by Simon Green. The Nightside series is pretty entertaining but I wish Green would get back to smaller scale stories instead of the epic story arc that he has been focusing on for the last few books.

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

"Executive Orders" by Clancy

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

starting the wings of the wind by ronald hardy

8. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

The Promise of the Witch-King

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@Wiley, I thought it was a pretty good book.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth yesterday on the train ride home - yes that makes it a one day read with only reading on the train ride to/from work as well as my lunch hour. It was o.k. and the fact that the epic storyline was concluded makes me hopeful that Green will get back to the smaller stories that I liked better. As is somewhat usual with this series the way the plot ended up being resolved was much too convenient.

I started on Flight of the Nighthawks by Raymond Feist this morning. So far it looks like it will be dreadfully dull.

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Tonight when I get home I will mostly be reading Gardens of the Moon; followed by Memories of Ice and then House of Chains. Can you tell they've arrived yet? :D

12. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'm half through 'Intermitências da Morte', by José Saramago, as far as I know, it doesn't have an english name yet. It's not the author’s best work, but it’s enjoyable nevertheless. Let's see how it'll end...

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I liked Promise of the Witch-King as well. Better than all his "other" Drizzt stuff and on par with the Dark Elf trilogy and the Hunter's Blades trilogy.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This "Star Wars: Outbound Flight" is cool. Maybe I will read some more Star Wars books, if I can work out what a good reading order would be.....

15. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

@ Brallrock & Enagonios

So far I think so too

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finished Flight of the Nighthawks today - unfortunately it ended just as dull as it began.

I have started The Thousand Orcs by R.A. Salvatore. So far it has been pretty dull too.

17. Harbourboy

What a shock....

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Finally finished Gardens of the Moon, took me 2 months :p , and I loved it! Kruppe and Anomander Rake certainly are interesting characters.

Now I will be reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

19. Harbourboy

Kruppe and Anomander Rake rule. You get to see a lot more of poor old humble Kruppe in "Memories of Ice"

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    So does Quick Ben.

I was afriad of that. Now I'll wait until it's in the bargin bin....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.