1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I finished a Storm of Swords so I am finally ready to start on A Feast for Crows.

After I finish A Feast for Crows I may go back over the entire series again in order to create a spreadsheet to analyze the average life expectancy of the characters in this series.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@JSBB- not long. I'm plowing through A Feast for Crows, and it follows usual pattern of mass slaughter. I wonder how many will be left by the end?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good stuff JSBB!

I'm halfway through "The Bonehunters" by Steven Erikson. Man, that guy can breathe more life into a 5 minute character who dies on the next page than some authors manage to put into their heroes.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@Harbourboy

How about a review of the Bonehunters when your done. I just finished Midnight Tides here in SouthKorea but have no access to the Bonehunters until August. I'd love to read how it is though!

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ask Joacquin next time he pops in, he's been done with it for some time already i believe. Reading The Ruin by Richard Lee Byers, book 3 of the Rogue Dragons trilogy.

6. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

What do you think to it? I thought it was complete trash. The guy must have the mind of a thirteen year old, the amount of petty swearing and sexual perversion went way beyond the call of duty. It's probably the only book I've ever thrown away in disgust :p

[ May 22, 2006, 17:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. Daie d'Malkin

Oh, tell me if it's good. I quite like Richard Lee Byers.

I bought book 5 of the WotSQ series. Phillip AThans, but I approach it with an open mind.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

It ended pretty good. I like his FR stuff too. Richard Baker is another of the FR writers whose work I really enjoy. Misplaced my copy of City of Splendors, but it's just as well. Just picked up the new paperback copy of Anansi Boys (Finally!) and am reading that.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson

10. Daie d'Malkin

Kuemp, I just read that for my Gothic Literature exam next month. I'm heading for The Picture of Dorian Grey next.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

About two thirds of the way through "Bonehunters" by Steven Erikson. Great stuff so far, although I have a million questions for anybody who might be able to answer them.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am going to reread Bonehunters soon.

13. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

I'm currently reading The War of the Spider Queen series. At the moment I'm on book three, it's pretty good so far.

14. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

"The Divine Comedy" by Daunte... only its more like I'm trying to get myself to read rather then actually reading it.

15. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Switching back and forth between "Guns of the South" by Harry Turtledove and Zelazny's "Nine Princes in Amber".

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I loved the WotSQ series. Crappy ending though imo. Just finished Anansi Boys, Spider made me furious :mad:

Going to start Soul Magic by Pratchett.

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

"Sum of all Fears" by Tom Clancy.

Just finished "Curse of the Witch King" by R. A. Salatore. I liked it very much.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Dorian Gray" is a great read, Daie! :thumb:

I'm currently working on "Judaism, Physics, and God," as the conversational habits of the people sitting around me on the train permit...

19. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I just finished 'Fast food Nation' by Eric Schlosser, and I hear there is going to be a movie based on this book :D

'Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict' by Norman G. Finkelstein - I have only just started this book, but its very interesting. So far, so good :thumb:

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Reading 2 at the minute. Getting near to finishing the 2nd book in the Liveship Traders trilogy and just picked up the V for Vendetta graphic novel by Alan Moore, which is quite good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.