1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading currently? #5

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I haven't read any of Fritz Leiber's books, so no idea :)

It's probably not worth hunting though - it's a nice book, but it's not something I would buy for full price.

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm reading George R.R.Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire - A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold"

Just read the part of 'the wedding'. That was mad. So good. So evil.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I just finished On Basilisk Station - what a great book. I will probably not start on anything else for a couple of days - too much Christmas stuff to do.

Edit: Oh well, turns out I was wrong about not starting anything else before Christmas. I started reading The Honor of the Queen this evening. I don't know hoe far I will go with rereading the Honor Harrington books but for now they have a lot more appeal than anything in my unread book pile.

[ December 24, 2006, 06:58: Message edited by: JSBB ]

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@MoN

Yeah, that part is easily one of the most infuriating things I've ever read.

I can't find my copy of Night Fall so while waiting for it to turn up I'm going to start Catalina's Riddle by Steven Saylor.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Current reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, so far so good.

6. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Just started "The Arabian Nights", translated by Husain Haddaway. I love it so far.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Reading die Wahlverwandtschaften (Elective Affinities in English I believe) by our good friend Goethe.

It's...*shrug*...Goethe. That language of his...

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ended up NOT starting Catalina's Riddle, started on Mossflower by Brain Jacques instead. Pretty good actually, got that whole "The Secret of Nimh" but in a fantasy setting vibe going on. Anyway, I splurged a lot of my xmas money and got Erikson's Malazan series from Gardens of the Moon until Midnight Tides. Hope this stuff is as good as everyone says it is, it costs a damn mint :|

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Feast for Crows

It is, of course, awesome. G.R.R. Martin should write soap-operas.

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Finished re-read of Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, now reading Dean Koontz's Brother Odd, third in the Odd Thomas series. It's a good read but wait for the paperback.

About Koontz, I like a few of his books and despise the rest :rolleyes: . Read review before you buy any of them. I like the Odd Thomas books and the two whose main character's name I forget, called Fear Nothing and Seize the Night .

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    About 100 pages into A Game of Thrones by George Martin. I notice he likes to spend about 20 pages on one character, letting you get to know them and start to like them, then he just kills them off a few pages later. Bastard!

Not sure what I think to all the sister and brother shagging either, but the book is very well written. Impressed so far. Still no Robin Hobb though ;) .

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's what I said too at the point of where you are now (I guess you talk about Bran...).
    I reacted in a "How can somebody possibly do that!?" way, like many others did. Faragon told be that this thing, though sad and evil, is nothing compared to the stuff yet to come. :thumb:

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre...by Goethe. :bigeyes:

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@MoN

got that right. That stuff is damn depressing :p

Anyway I just finished Night Fall and it was frickin awesome. I'm now going to start on Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny.

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Armageddon`s Children, by Terry Brooks

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    He does. :grin:

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    All six books of "The war of the Spider Queen" (Forgotten realms)

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    James Bovard: Feeling your Pain - The Explosion and Abuse of Government Power in the Clinton-Gore Years. Interesting and thought-provoking, to say the least.

19. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Sounds like great fiction. ;)

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wow, I just finished Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Holy crap, it was amazing. It was... breathtakingly awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.