1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which game is best?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by jesper898, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Heh, I was going to start a poll about this, but since it's already here, I'll add my views. Personally, I'd say PST is by far the best, kind of funny because a couple years ago I saw it on store shelves and my first opinion was that it sucked. Then, I played it a few years later.

BG2/ToB comes in a distant second. I just like the NPC development.

3. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Asheron's Call. :D ;) :cool: :p

4. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Because i like to create myself on my known i like
    BG and Icewinddale more. Icewinddale had this damn winsock2/win95 problem otherwise i would have played it longer. So i choose BG1 for the best. I didn't liked PST but i played it. :p
    As i began to play it i was shocked i should play this ugly scarfaced lunatic. I play female characters, because i am female. And this romantic thing, sigh, naturally i wasn't in love with the ghost. So i was a homosexual nameless. :D

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Planescape Torment, it wins hands down. Bow down and worship it, you can't resist!

6. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I find that if you think of yourself as the hovering demigoddes, and you're just pushing the Nameless One (and his party) around, it's easier to get past the fact that he's a guy. ;) What else could better explain your top-down view of the worlds, or that you can give them orders and have them respond instantly?

And my favorite game, hmm... I like the exploration feeling in BG1, and the great adventure in BG2, while PS:T is so... unique! IWD is okay, not the best IMO... Arg, since there's no 3-sided die (yet), I'll just have to choose... PS:T. It's the game that's crashed the least (0 times), though that's probably 'cause I have the least editing programs for it. :D

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I like BG2, but I haven't played Planescape: Torment.

But I take it it is good :) Another thing on my wish-list (not that I have one)

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Another vote for Ps:T, in fact Ps:T might be the best thought out game I've ever played... BG1 is pretty close though, another great game.

BG2 and IWD, heh, entirely forgettable.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

IwD

/me sticks tounge out at AEC... :p

10. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Torment, easily. Actually, that would be the answer to the question "What's your favorite ever game?"

Torment is and was great.

11. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

IWD is my choice. :) No real interaction with boring, long winded NPC's, just hack and slash. Create your own low level party, and go save the world, and when you're done, your party is pretty darn powerful. The perfect way to wind down in the evening after a long day at the office is to play IWD. Having said that, I like BG1 & BG2 also.
    I have not finished PsT, and really don't like it, :mad: but I'm going to finish it someday. :rolleyes:

[ August 13, 2002, 20:23: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]

12. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Well, PS:T is sitting on my PC and has been for quite a while, but I just never get around to playing it, despite Sprite's protests :p Otherwise, I'd have to say that BG1 is the best of the bunch. I like creating my own character from the ground up (and my full party in BG1 as well), plus it was much, much more non-linear than BG2 or IWD (enjoyed them too though).

P.S. If you really prefer the roleplaying and character development over hack-and-slash, try Arcanum! It's great :)

13. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Dungeon Siege, no wait--Diablo II, no wait--Diablo.

14. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I simply adore BG2, and IWD comes in a close second, but dont you think BG1 is just the tiniest bit boring, what with all the places you can go where everything looks exactly the same, and there always is an immensely powerful character at the bottom of the screen, and it is really hard to find NPC's such as Viconia (not that anyone would want her, evil drow that she is)

15. Oblate Gems: 6/31

With a helmet of changing alignment Viconia is good.
    And because of PST though I'm a demigodess ;) , i prefer to play "normal" adventurers. Maybe as a book i would like to read it.

[ August 17, 2002, 14:51: Message edited by: Oblate ]

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

BG2 and Torment are pretty much equally the best.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.