1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

which is better, ranger(archer) or figher?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by elephantman, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Ahhh-sooo. Well congrats! Syl did a great job but as I had mentioned to him in several posts that I strongly disagreed with... ummm some of his views and posts but "all's well that ends well". He'll do a great job in his new adventures as well.

Congrats again yourself there young Luke. You now have a role in warping young minds. Booom! I had to take a shot at you at least... it was a missle attack! :)

I still haven't picked up HOW. How are the classes in that game? Did they do anything with Druids? Beyond level 14 that is?

I'll probably pick it up soon and also install BGI and BG II again to prep a new character for BG II's expansion. Yes... he'll be some sort of fighter or multi-class fighter. :)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh, heh, as long as it's a missile attack I don't mind. ;)

As far as classes in HoW, they made many changes/additions to just about everyones special abilities (Rangers can track :) ) Druids can go past 14th level now and at 15th they get Timeless Body where they never get fatigued for any reason and only have to sleep to regain spells. If you want more details ask over in the IWD forum; it's a little off topic for this thread! :)

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well!!! I have never!!!

OK. I'll go post at IWD Forum which I can only assume covers IWD and the expansion HOW. BTW, that should probably be notated at different points where the different tags indicate Baldur's Gate I (perhaps the TOSC should be seen as well). Likewise with IceWind Dale (perhaps the HOW should be seen as well). -Just a thought. Helps confirm what "forums" actually cover what and when "games" are actually selected from the main menu it would help to see "Expansion pack" listings as well just to indicate coverage of walkthru's etc.

Just a thought. To make the board better for us sloooowwww of mind folks. And it may help visitors as well.

Otherwise... you're fired. It's just that simple. Perhaps a lawsuit as well may be levied against you for "Content designed to cause emotional distress and undue misery". Hmmmm, sounds erroneous enough. That lawsuit just might fly!!! See you on Court TV! :)

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, not to cause you any further undue emotional distress, but read the descriptions under the forum headings to find what you're looking for... ;)

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Pure Kensai. Challenging to play yet extremely satisfying, knowing that while you'll probably die in a hail of arrows, up close the best armoured half-orc barbarian or the knight in shining armor will be slashed terribly before they can even bring their weapon to bear.

6. Recoil Suave Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Just to clarify something. The Reflection Shield is only available in the Adventurer's Mart, therefore you will never face an enemy with it equipped. Plus the Short-bow of Gesen does only two points of piercing damage and 1-8 points of electrical damage, hence AC makes no difference, so your full plate armor is somewhat useless against that. Of course you will never face a true archer in the game with the gesen bow anyway.

7. Punkindrublic Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

yea im all for this discusino just as long as we clear up the fact NO KENSAI MAGES

that will be all

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Kensai mage kensai mage Kensai Mage Kensai Mage
    Why won't people just admit they're the most powerful characters around?
    It's just like the arseholes who play Counterstrike and refuse to use the AWP rifle because it's "unbalanced" and "not fun".
    Morons.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.