1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by joacqin, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I took the test, and totally disagree with the results... (-1.62; -1.18) So I'm going to explain my vision in a big-butt novel ahere
    I'm a libertanian as in, as people stay the hell out of my back yard, they can do whatever they damn well please in *theirs* and economically, against my better jugement, hardline right-wing.
    I believe that the best thing to solve unemployment would be give any who are still capable of working (say 20-50 y/o, no mental or severe physical handicap) the blades choice: either submit to being retrained by the government to be employed in weak branches (education, health care, etc) and be paid a fair but limited wage, or be left to fend for themselves, keeping them only a tad short of downright starvation.
    I don't favour many laws, and I see laws that would ban, say, same-sex marriage, abortion, or same-sex couples adopting a child as crazy, and that makes me libertanian.
    However, I also believe that serious criminals (murderers, rapists, the *real* scum) should be executed, preferably painfully, and publicly.
    Especially rapists should be made to suffer like the beasts they are... I consider rape to be at least as bad as murder.
    Education should be available to those of higher age, and optional for youths. But if you skip school, expect to do a lousy job for little pay unless you A) do something with incredible hazard pay or B) get extremely lucky.
    I view religion, especially organized religion, with distrust and distaste. Although I wouldn't ban it outright, I *definitely* not subsidize or support it.
    The arts, ditto. I don't think art only 3% of society appreciates is worth having, if a theater or museum isn't economically viable, that means society doesn't value it, and thus shouldn't have to pay for it indirectly either.
    I'm an anti-nationalist and anti-racist... but I wouldn't go for affirmative action either.
    National pride is IMO only going to lead to all kinds of dubious mischief, same for racial theorems, and religion
    Well, that pretty much sums it up... all those who have borne with me all the way through, thank you for your attention. *bows, and -poof-'s into a cloud of crimson smoke*

2. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree with those of you who have noted that the quiz is aimed wide to the left adn seriously flawed. The questions are vague, some ask for facts more than opinion or you can see answers to some questions that can be viewed in tons of completley different ways.

Economic Left/Right: 1.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.03

Something is definatley wrong with that test. There's no way in the Nine Bloody He!!s that I'm more left than Paul Martin. Quite the opposite, I'm way to his right!

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Although I consider myself (and have for a long time) fairly moderate, and I believe that this quiz is far from objective, I feel that this is actually a pretty accurate representation, at least as far as I am concerned.

Economic Left/Right: -2.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Let's just say that I'm a lot more "left" than I used to be. A lot. (A post-graduate education will do that to ya! ;) ) The libertarian side was no surprise, as I've always been fairly libertarian, at least in the sense that I'm not much for Authoritarianism.

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

Dear God, I'm a commie facist!

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

I seem to remember getting completely opposite scores the last time I took that same test some year or two ago.

Anyway, that score hits pretty close to Dalai Lama. I guess I should feel wise and holy. Too bad I feel the test didn't look at the questions and answers at all the same way I did. While in princible I am a liberal person, I believe in extremely harsh methods of controlling those who are harmful to other people. And especially in the case of media and corporations, I would like very strict laws to make sure environmental agreements were held on to, and people weren't screwed for more profit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.