1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's you favourite character in Fantasy books?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Tonic, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Oh YES! How could I forget?

Rincewind the Wizzard(spelling error on purpose), Cohen the Barbarian :D , Captain Vimes, Lu-Tze the Sweeper and Death (he who trips on the handle of his scythe)!

:D

2. Falconhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Susan Sto Helit (from Discworld series by Terry Pratchett). Absolutely. She never has a bad hair day!

3. Rathanel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

FitzChivalry Farseer, hands down.
    Nods to Vladimir Taltos, Tyrion Lannister, Pug ConDoin, Richard Rahl, and Gerald Tarrant.

4. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Knight of The Black Rose, Lord Soth.

Nightfall (or Sudain; whatever) from The Legend of NIghtfall by MIckey Zucker Reichart.

5. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Someone metioned Pug, I thought he was cool, but I only read the Serpent War series from Fiest, but Calis and Erik von Darkmoor are my favorites from that series.

I like Lan Mandragoran from the Wheel of Time series, he is just kick ass as a fighter.

My favorite would have to be Rhaphsody from Elizabeth Haydon's trilogy. She is hot, literally. She is strong in flame lore and carries an elemental fire sword that kicks major butt as well. A great trilogy.

6. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

christopher_c_pitzer, if you have only read the Serpent War series by Feist, I would highly recommend reading the Magician. Personally I thought the Serpent Wars were his worst books... maybe after Silverthorn... I didn't really like that one. But Darkness at Sethanon is good. I just found the Serpent Wars almost too repeatitive for me.

7. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

:yot:
    @Prophete D'Acier: Lor Soth was the Death Knight right? It's been a couple of years since I read it.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is a *Spoiler* for those that havnt read the Farseer Trilogy and the Liveship traders all the way through, so beware.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    There are a heap of them. The librarian or Death in the discworld series,
    Jon Snow or Tyrion Lannister in the Song of Ice and Fire,
    Matrim Cauthon and Perrin Ay'Bara in the Wheel of Time,
    FitzChivalry and The Fool AKA Amber from the Farseer Trilogy,
    Lithiano from Kate Elliot's series (can't remember the name).

9. Gorgon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My absolute favourite character is of course
    Raistlin from the series of Dragonlance!

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's a very tough question. I like the delicate moves and marksmanship of elves(eg Legolas, Drizzt etc) and the rough ways and the toughness of dwarves(eg Bruenor) both, so I dont have any particularly favorite character. If I come up with any ideas: I'LL BE BACK :cool:

11. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I love him!He's unbeatably the coolest character I ever red of!!(Expect there's someone out there who's more commonly and sarcastic !!!)

12. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bayushi Shouju from Legend of The Five Rings...Nothing says badass more than him...Save Solid Snake of course.

13. Woody Woodrow Banned

You are correct. The dead night who helps Kitiara.

Fav charecters.
    Sturm Brightblade
    Steel Brightblade
    Dalamar
    Tasselhoff Burrfoot
    Fizban
    Aragorn

And thats all I can think of.

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What was I on when I made that post? Correction:

-A. Entreri
    -Bruenor
    -Raistlin
    -Fizban
    -Cosmo

Most interesting would have to be Raistlin. Especially after I learned to hate that bastard.

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I need to add to my previous list. To continue...

Axis from Sara Douglas' Axis Trilogy
    Samwise Gamgee from LoTR

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.