1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why are men drawn to a woman's breasts?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, May 1, 2003.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @ Chevy:
    I prefer to look INTO... women's eyes and AT their breasts. Preferably their eyes, since they say a lot about their character ('Mirrors of the Soul').
    But what happens when the light goes out? Exactly: your sight is of no more use and you compensate the loss with other senses, like, you guessed, touch. If I touch a woman's eyes, she wouldn't be happy. Then other bodyparts come to mind... Some that are nicer to the touch for both men and women.
    :p

MoN? :nono: We don't know you like that!

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Agreed.
    Agreed.

What a puritan... Do you always need all light turned off before doing anything? ;)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :doh: this is turning into 'size' cross 'are you a boy or a girl' cross a few other topics I stopped reading...

And probably one of thee thread that saying 'get on topic' would be really bad :lol:

I'll leave my theory at:
    :grin:

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] LOL. Hilarious topic. I still recall the time Arkados had his eyes glued down the front of a lady cashier's top. She caught him staring alright, and glared at him angrily.

Between the two of them, I had a real difficult time trying to purchase my book...

:D

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    A lot of it is that breasts are an obvious sign of fertility, which still does motivate a great deal of human sexuality.
    On a daily basis, I try to minimize the appearance of mine. Quite frankly, I don't trust the "average" male. If I'm wearing revealing clothinf, it means I'm in a situation I feel comfortable in. (Meaning lots of well armed friends nearby to help me "educate" any idiot that decides to behave inappropriately...)

6. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There's got to be an easier way than to go around being frightened for your entire life. They make some awesome tazers these days, you can even purchase one that'll send your target into la la land with only one shot to any part of their body.

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Do we really need a reason? They are there, so we stare. It really needn't be taken as some sort of affront that a man is looking at your breasts. I love Geoff from 'Couplings' stance on breasts. 'Breasts are great! You can touch 'em and look at 'em. I think if every man in the world had breasts, we wouldn't leave home.' I don't see why women don't take it as some sort of compliment. I must ask, are women so immaculate that they don't stare at some bloke's arse, crotch etc. if they find a particularly good specimen? Really, don't blow up about it. If you are extremely annoyed, go join a convent. I don't think ANY man alive would check out a nun.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Baezlebub:

Because they don't like being treated as items? Cute little playthingies? Actually the very problem is that many men rather think of the breats than the woman carrying them around (pun intented, my dear 'the bigger the better' people).

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Hm maybe because they're bigger than ours,and it's not just breast, i personally enjoy butts and legs along with breasts.
    And NO this is not another teenager fantasy! :)

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :lol:

This is getting funnier.

I can safely say I have never stared at anyones crotch/arse

What I find ridiculous is the way school discos have changed as soon as you hit 14 where the girls wear boob-tubes as skirts.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree with Baelzebub. Women complain about being treated as objects because men stare at their 'gonzagas,' which I suppose I can understand. But then again, more often than not, the same women who complain about this and claim to be the most offended are usually the same ones wearing a tight-fitting sweater, push-up bra or low-cut...whatever to accentuate their 'yabos.' If a guy walked around wearing a codpiece or something and women said stared at his package, he would be jackass if he were to be offended. So to these women I usually ask, "So are you trying to tell me you wore that outfit because you want me to look at your feet?! Puleeeze!" Women want you to look, and they know it. I know this isn't all women, and I'm making a broad generalization here (or a generalization about broads...he he). :p

(Sidenote: It would be funny to try to list off all the funny names for breasts like 'gonzagas' and 'yabos.' Breasts are nothing if not pop culture.)

12. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That would be very funny, but difficult for people who's mother tongue is not English.

Yes, yes, yes. Coquetry, I guess is the word. What are you staring at !!!! Saying that and wearing a tight, tight, tight top.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] You know, men do wear tight jeans for a reason. ;) But seriously, if some girl walked past me staring at my crotch (it does happen), then heck; i'll stare back! As with the countless people here, I agree that most women want us looking at their breasts, and accent that aspect of themselves.

But if a woman stood in front of me when I'm trying to talk to her, staring at the zip of my trousers, then heck I'd get a little irritated too.

Give 'em a break guys.
    (girls, back me up here!)

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Why is it that a woman cannot wear a well fitted top and be considered intelligent or capable?
    That's the main problem. If it was *just* staring for the appreciation, many women would not have a problem. But too often, as soon as the eyes stray downward, then there is no hope that the man in question will ever treat you an an equal, or even as a person. You have now become an object, a toy.
    Many women wear the tight fitting clothes out of defiance. There's this "if she wears it, then she deserves what she gets" attitude everywhere. Yet men do not have that problem. They can wear close fitting shirts and pants, and still expect to be treated as an equal. A woman cannot hope to do the same.

Now, luckily, I have found men that can look at breasts and still appreciate the brain. Those men, I dont' mind showing off for. And they appreciate that fact. :D

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Why is it automaticaly assumed that if we look at your breasts, you are now our sex toy to abuse and think of as we will? I NEVER said that. I said that we enjoy looking from time to time. You say you notice us doing it, well, we dont MEAN for you to, its an accident. If you stood there staring at the ceiling then all would be fine. But no, you call us perverts etc. because we glance at your bloody obvious breasts that are virtually poking us in the eyes. If you don't want it to happen, dress properly, like, in a habit. That way, you are safe and all men will appreciate you for your brains and stuff.

16. Iago Gems: 24/31

Here we go again, spamming all over the place

At Stefania: With "tight, tight, tight", I was referring to the phenomena that Chevalier mentioned -> wearing something obvious, than playing saint, coquetry. I'm happy that you're frankly say, that women generally are aware of the impact their clothes may have. (which is the same for the opposite sex).

I personally am not the fan of the idea, that good looks usally are compensated with less brain. That would mean, I wouldn't be able to spam here all over the place. No, no, no. :angel: ;) :p

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Simple. Men are pervs :grin:

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hey, at 39, it's nice to know that men other than Velcro still find me worth ogling! :roll:

As far as professionalism goes, it's a two-way street. There are clothes that simply aren't appropriate for the work environment, just as there are behaviors that aren't appropriate for the work environment. If a man can't deal with a female colleague without focusing on her body, then he's got a problem that needs to be addressed. Conversely, women need to remember that skirts for work need to be longer than their tampon strings, and that 4" CFM stiletto heels belong in the disco, not the office.

As I've said many, many times in the past (and will probably repeat until the day I die), common sense and courtesy will go far.

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

We are perverts because we are attracted to women? How would we survive as a race if we did not like the way women were formed?

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Rally mama has the right of it. It's a two way street, and both genders need to take responsibility for their behaviour. As someone mentioned, men don't wear codpieces to accentuate their gonads, and women shouldn't wear push up bras and cleavage exposing outfits to work. Both sides need to put forth an effort to make the workplace a professional place. I don't think that a habit is the answer, but some modesty should be expected from all people on the job.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.