1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why are men drawn to a woman's breasts?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, May 1, 2003.

1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I agree about the obvious. Spandex and stillettos are not office appropriate. But neither should it mean that the woman involved should have to "expect" to be treated as a lesser bieng, even at the disco.
    Such behavior does not happen 100% of the time, but is does happen more often than not. The change is very subtle. It's frequently not even seen in words, but in body language. It's the look in the eyes, the more intimate and less casual way the body is carried, stuff like that. This is probably as clear as mud, but there's really no better way to say it.

And what do you mean, men don't wear codpieces?! Oh, wait, I forget, :D not everyone here works Renfaires on a regular basis... ;)

I probably sound a lot more uptight here than I really am. If it gets too bad, I'll either tell him that my face is actually about eight inches higher, or put a finger under his chin and lift his head until his eyes meet mine, depending on the situation. I attract glances from other women as well as men, so I'm pretty obvious, even if I'm wearing a tent type Tshirt.
    If a man (or woman)starts to treat me poorly, then I just ignore him/her.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh, man! Sorry I've been gone for the past few days, but now I'm back and I have some things to say.

First off...MoN, My g/f and my mom want to smack you now. I already got smacked for agreeing with you! :p

Secondly, I think a woman should be proud of her breasts...no matter how small or large they are. I personally like a mid sized pair...between a "B" and a "C" cup. I have dated several girls with many different bust sizes and to be honest cup size doesn’t really matter to me...unless she has a "DD-36", then I would pay for the breast reduction surgery...that's just not good for her back.

When I see an attractive woman, I'll look her up and down, and admire her looks. If a friend of mine (male or female) is with me I'll say something like: "Man, she's got a nice ass", or "Damn, she's hot". I'm not going to make her feel uncomfortable be staring at her, but I will admire her body. I have been known to complement a woman on her looks a few times. Basically all I say is, "I'm not trying to hit on you or anything, but you are extremely beautiful." Then I just walk away. Strangely enough, they usually say "Tanks" or "You really think so?"

Personally I think women shouldn't get all mad when a man, or woman looks at their breasts...unless of course they are staring at them for a while, and are drooling...that's just rude. My g/f says she likes it when I or some other guy notices her. :rolling:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Part I

That was 'gazongas'. :rolleyes:

Part II

In the name of holy common sense it's now my time to earn some flaming. Charge! ;)

The problem of looking (contrary to men's specialty boob-talk :rolleyes: ) and the way of looking refers equally as much to both sexes - not in scale, because women are generally prettier than we, well most of us ;) , but certainly in nature. The same is to be said about treating a human being as an impersonate object of sexual attraction - or even the raw fulfilment for the sake of its own. Men can be offended by that too.

Next, clothing. Sorry, but everyone chooses what he's going to wear, in case someone hasn't noticed. You dress however you like and so people see and judge you. That's very basic. Every action is followed by reaction and everyone that makes choices accepts at least some responsibility for them. If one dresses like a rebel because of the need of uniqueness he's not going to be taken as a model citizen, people walking around in worn baggy outfits aren't going to be taken as potential serious partners by the cash-making part of us, zero-haired women and long-haired men in black t-shirts with pentagrams aren't to be welcome in Christian temples and so on and so forth. People dressing revealingly must be really arrogant to demand their interlocutors and generally the other people to look anywhere but *there* (apart from it being simply rude to be so selfish as to force others into such inconvinience - and it's not a perverted joke, I mean that as a rule). There's no sane, logical way to demand specific, altered, perception of oneself from other people, to reveal and demand it's not seen, to change things and have people behave as though nothing were happening :book: . Well, they can of course pretend they don't notice anything. As far as it's all about pumping up egos, it's pretty OK, I guess, but how long is that going to last... :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: My dear boob-babbling perverts, I don't have the slightest intention of defending you. You are what you are, boob perverts. :shake: And you actually deserve what they say, I'm only against hollier-than-thou generalising chatter :holy: .

Edit: PS. Dear ladies apparently would rather we men were all gay.

[ May 08, 2003, 18:32: Message edited by: chevalier ]

4. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Oh for crying out loud.....because it is natural to do so! That is your answer.

Women are beautiful creatures.....and their bodies have been portrayed and displayed, crafted, and painted for centuries.

To address the other parts of the womans body.......well, curves are attractive. That goes for many things in this world, not just women. For instance, quite of the few older structures created had curves, and so do some of the nicest looking cars today.

Of course...Ragusa's reason was fabulous IMHO...!

I actually like my "size". Big enough (on my tiny body) to attract some attention, but not so big, that I can't be comfortable being physically active. I don't always go around displaying them, and I don't get mad when men take a look see. What angers me, is when men are vile or rude about it. :)

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ms. Fearbringer ...This is odd ... the only times you post seems to be when we are discussing "personal" things. I may have missed one ... but didn't your last post here say something about your underwear being xtra sexy???

Now, if your only going to show up to torment us ... show up more often! ;) :good:

6. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My dear Mathetais, you did miss a few!

However, I do find the ones about "personal" things more interesting, and often more commical than any of the others. :)

As for the "tormenting", I can't seem to help myself. It's built into my personality.

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hm ? Things which are meant to be attractive are build with curves, like older structures or cars. I wonder, what makes curves so attractive for the human eye in the first place.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    because a perfect circle is the mathematic perfection.

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Curves are a wonderful thing. Just not too curvy, as in, to the point of round ;) .

Has anyone noticed the re-retaliation thread to this? I always thought this was a retaliation thread to Teenage Boys: Have brains or not, but now there is another one, concentrating on blokes. I'm getting the feeling that someone is annoyed...

Anyway, back to the topic, Umm, why not?

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'd go for the biological argument, breasts, especially big breasts (not excessive, just big) is a sign of fertility which stimulates men on a very basic sexual, but natural level; yes I also like seeing <*snort* yeah right seeing > a pretty woman and yes I like breasts.
    So whats the big deal, they can pretty much be surgeried (wrong English I know) tothe size desired by the woman, and accentuated or made less obvious by the way they dress.
    I go with whats been said by Chevalier, Death Rabbit, and many others: you wear what you want to, and dressing exposingly invites looks.
    Women who don't like that: wear concealing clothes, or if it's really bad, have them surgeried smaller (or join a convent ;) )
    On a side note, I can't help but notice how many long, intelligently filled posts have been made about such a simple, basic issue --- keep going filler-ups.

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I often get the idea that it's not the woman who wants their breasts implanted with blobs of plastic. IMO, it often are men who tell them that big is better (television is their tool). But they never tell that fake is awefull.
    I wouldn't complain with (not too) big breasts, but I don't want plastics and silly-cones!

(And I agree with the biological/fertility-arguments)

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    The problem with more concealing clothing is that it tends to be hot. If I'm outside in a tank top and shorts, it not because I want to be stared at, it's because I'm in Florida, and it's hot!! Temps are already in the 90's Fahrenheit.

As for surgery, there are other considerations, including loss of sensitivity, and inability to nurse a child afterwards. So surgery is not an option for all women. I have considered reduction surgery, but decided I really don't want to unless the weight of my breasts cause medical problems. Right now I'm simply trying to increase my upper body strength to better support my "top heavy" nature.

13. chevalier

Media:
    Sidenote: Heh, reducing surgery is as wise as inflating surgery IMHO. What's worse: enlarging breats to satisfy boob perverts or diminishing them to avoid perverted interest? But of course the worst are boob perverts (let's but think a while about all those poor wusses killing themselves in gyms to have more muscles to show them off and get women fancy them more or even just fancy them).

So, you live in Florida and it's so damn hot. So you walk around in shorts and tank top. Fine. Even here they dress like that although it's not half as hot AFAIK. Fine too. And there's no big issue of it. Why should be? I believe some women just think or rather imagine way too much about all those perverted men, looking, looking and looking till they sinful eyes pop out :rolleyes:

If it's the weather that requires people to dress revealingly, it affects both sexes, so you have crowds of bare bellies, necks, backs, legs, arms, whatever - belonging to both. If someone's perverted enough: crowds of nice barely covered boobies (think of sir Belly's face as he's reading ;) ) and for the opposite option equally as nice, but this time completely bare biceps, triceps and whatever else they stare at apart from cars and wallets ;) . Apart from the narrow margin of clinical perverts like some of our SP friends, it's mostly like Satiana said - they won't turn their eyes so as not to even accidentally look there, they will even occasionally take a look in a non-offensive way and maybe even utter some more or less socially not prestigious compliment and the way women feel then is about exactly the same as the way men would feel if women complimented them on their chest or biceps. What's the problem then?

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

This is going for ages. Is there anyone that is truly getting offended, or getting useful information from a bunch of teenagers that entered thread because it had the word breasts in th title? Look, there is no logical reason. It just happens. Why do people like Britney Spears' music? They are told they like it. Why do men like breasts, because we are told to. Society's norms today say that boobs are grouse. So we follow. It's not our fault, it's society's.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] People still like Britney Spears?
    In Britain most people don't really care for her much.

And it's still a pretty entertaining thread when you read it all through.

But there are always outcasts from society and people who aren't outcast that like things for different reasons.

16. chevalier

Media:
    @Baezlebub: Of course this thread is pointless. It takes a teen to take it seriously and think some obscure wisdom shall be revealed thereby. It can still be amusing and contrary to the most obvious impression, it could actually provide some useful knowledge. To a certain extent, of course.

However, I disagree about it all being the society's fault. People mostly believe it's all society's fold because they're told so - one could even say society blames itself pretty often.

But yes, things are as they are and there's no point crying over what can't be changed. Even if men switched from breasts to eyes, at some point looking into a women's eyes would be considered sexually perverted contrary to looking at breasts for example, so in some few hundred to few thousand years a thread would be opened about how those perverts dare look in the eyes why they could look at breasts for example. :shake: :roll:

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    As I said before, I am not naerly as touchy IRL as I may sound here. If three attempts to remove said person's attentions from my breats fail, then I'll bop 'em in the head... :D
    Other than that, I dont' spend a lot of time worrying about it; especially in today's 100 degree humid weather... :eek: that'a bit warm for May... even in Florida...

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I recall Elaine Morgan (I think that's her name) in "Descent of Woman" suggested that the current fascination with breasts was more social than biological. She thought that humanity went through a phase of adapting to a coastal/partially aquatic environment, and the challenges faced in such an environment led to the main differences between humanity and other primates. Her book said that human breasts developed to overcome the problems of nursing in such an environment. The catch, with relation to this topic, is that she proposed that the breasts which would fulfil this purpose most effectively would be different from what is considered the ideal breast today.

On another note, do today's skinny supermodels match the appearance of biological fertility more or less closely than the likes of the Venus of Willendorf?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.