1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Women are just better than men... sorry lads, it's true!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    No, you see I thought that this might be one of the things where you get me wrong. First of all on this discussion I haven't said that women would be underrepresented. Second, I never said that being underrepresented would make anything better.

Let's try that again, it's pretty basic: Overproduction of anything drops the value of the product.

This is an arbitrary way of defining what's valuable and what's not, but this is how markets work. If the quality of two products is similar, the need for the product determines the monetary value of the product. But you can't compare people with two different TV-sets. We need women and we need men. But at the moment we need women more.

China is an excellent example of what I'm after. Because men have been valued more along with their one-child policy, the situation as it is right there is such that if the government would want more women, it's not enought that they value baby-girls as much as baby boys. They'd have to value baby-girls more, and it even might be that in the next few generations a baby-girl will be more precious than a baby-boy. The wedding markets for women in China are very good at this season. The value of single women can be extremely high.

Now of course it is completely understandable that if you see women as something that has little or no value and that men and women are most certainly not equal, for men are far superior, then it would be perfectly understandable that by your point of view women could never have more value than men. But you should've just said so...would've saved us a lot of trouble (but maybe we'd missed the fun as well).

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ya know what, I'm gonna go ahead and stick with my original post. Hermaphrodites are better. They're stronger than women, are more in touch with their feelings, and can fit in with either sex.

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Iku-Turso, this isn't marketing class. We aren't selling men or women, we're talking about which one is inherrantly better, so supply and demand don't factor in.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

NOG, it's all about the sales pitch. It's feature, function, benefit. here's an example for the men's side, though I am taking the side of hermaphrodites in this debate purely for s***s and giggles.
    feature: men are stronger
    function: able to apply large amounts of force
    benefit: can open jars and bottles that are closed too tightly
    conclusion: women wouldn't be able to survive without men to unscrew the lids off of the peanut butter and mayo jars, as well as many other types of bottles and cans with twist on lids. Obviously without men to do this task civilization as we know it would crumble under the weight of unopened Skippy and Smuckers jars.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Yeah, I thought that was the underlying assumption which has lead into misunderstandings. Inherent betterness. Of which I was never talking about. People have these fixed ideas, especially about sex and gender issues, that they leave culture out of it completely.

You can't take sex out of culture; you can't take culture out of sex.

The main thing what I was talking about was the gender roles and which one of the main roles is better at the current moment especially considering that half of the world is living in poverty.

Now most of the attributes that are mainly considered when we're talking about these kinds of topics are stricktly related to culture, but they're confused as biological properties. That's where it goes wrong. You can't say how biology affects human behaviour without regarding how much of the behaviour is tied into culture. Gender, sex and sexuality are arbitrary cultural concepts with a history. Nobody's born into being a man or a woman, if you take nurture and culture out of the equation you get a drooling idiot and it makes no difference at all whether the person has female or male sexual organs, or both for that matter.

"Women more in touch with their feelings" indeed. Bollocks are more in touch with feelings than anything.

But inherently better? It gets even more simplified and generalized. Still, in general, if survival is where it counts it boils down to this: males are more expendable than females. Especially with mammals. We're here to display the genes and more genetic weaknesses are visible with males than females. That's just genes, leaving culture and behaviour out of it as much as possible.

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

now, for those of you that didn't realize Barmy obviously meant this to be a humorous discussion. Many of you made it far too serious, so lighten up and have some fun. Iku, I totally see where you're going, but you're wrong, it's all about the ability to unscrew a lid from a container. That is another reason why hermaphrodites are superior, they have both male and female traits, plus they can unscrew that lid. Game. Set. Match. Hermaphrodites win.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    But how well would they compete with bodybuilding women on testosterone?

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

okay, really really tight lids and norse hermaphrodites.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well speaking of norse hermaphrodites, men beat them simply because of aesthetical value. To witness a norse hermaphrodite with two long distinct hairs hanging from the chin is just something terrible. :eek: At least we men can grow proper beards.

Now a bearded lady who does bodybuilding is a completely different matter. But it has to be a proper beard, not just few funny hairs swaying in the breeze.

11. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

OK, I'm happy with that argument - it makes them better than Women. Whats the argument for them being better than men?

12. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

What is your definition of poverty? I imagine that 2000 thousand years ago, 99.9% of people lived in poverty by the modern standard. So, if that is the case, then the efforts of white Western males have changed the world for the better more so than any other people. So, would you say that me and you are more valuable than a black female? No, of course not. The cart-pulling horse of economics, utility (satisfaction), is a subjective notion.

You should begin all your statements regarding this topic with the qualifier, "To my view..."

And to my view, I'd rather be me than a woman. And to my view, one particularly special woman out there is worth more to me than any other person...but outside of her, I'd rather spend my me-time playing guitar with my hairy swearing dudely buddies.

But that's just me...

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

If there must be reason for women to be better than men then, in the words of Rayne from Least I Could Do, "They have a vagoo."

Iku, we are not going by looks, it is all about the lid opening ability. It is the most important aspect of our civilization. Without it life as we know it would cease to exist.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well obviously if they can have babies, they're far better than men.

I'll go with this for now: poverty

I'd rather just be. Sex and gender are...inconsequential in the long run, and arbitrary at best.

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ shadow assassin - I know that you doing this very tongue-in-cheek, but you do realize that true hermaphrodites are really, really, rare. It's almost unheard of for any human to have working male and female sexual organs. Most of the time, even for those who it is hard to tell at the time of their birth, puberty takes care of things, and they are essentially men or women by the time they reach adulthood. In fact, once puberty sets in most hermaphrodites get a little cosmetic surgury done so that they conform to the direction they are going already.

16. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It is very common for men to value women based upon their sexual organs.

When your mother enters menopause, tell her that her value to you has significantly lessened.

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

lol, funny LNT. I think I won't be trying that, however feel free to do it yourself and share the results. And yes, Aldeth I realize how rare they are and that they typically lean one direction or the other and behave accordingly often going as far as cosmetic surgery, but there's no fun in that so I chose to ignore it for the sake of comedy. After all, I'm basing the value of the sexes on the ability to twist a lid off of a container.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Uh...to contribute my :2c: I would just like to say that Men are to Women what apples are to oranges...they're both fruits but totally different...

And for the record, I LIKE women, but I don't necessary think they are better than me. Equal, YES! But better?? No...

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well, no. I don't know where you come from, but around here we don't have babies with our mothers :p

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You know, if there's one thing that might be tipping me towards agreeing with Barmy, it's the number of women that have been responding to this thread. Sheesh.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.