1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And how can you prove that that's the largest amount of fans, not counting Germany and Poland?

EDIT: Okay, Duffin showed it, I retract my original post.

Why? I didn't let it be known that I supported Tunisia over Saudi-Arabia, did I? My thoughts are mine alone, and I decide myself what to post, thank you.

I am a member of about 13 internet forums, and I discuss football on four of them. I've seen aplenty.

Besides, I still remember how you reacted after 2004.

And on a last note, I never said anyone. I said "their fans", it's up to you if you are to take offense by it.

That's not the discussion right now, is it? I think the discussion was about English fans and their reaction, and the events surrounding it.

But I'm with Earl Grey, posts like the one you made after the Portugal game is what we judge you by.

Actually, with a fair ref and the result that it ended with; a Portugese win, then yes, it was fair.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    But you can't expect me to know, unless you let it be known here, which was my point. I implied you were anti-English because that seemed to be the main thing behind your posts regarding England.

Like what? I forget. I may have over-reacted a little, but I was very drunk after coming back from the pub :D . Plus, that defeat was even more heartbreaking than this one, so you can hardly blame a passionate fans ranting.

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand this. By saying 'their fans' you are obviously refering to m, duffin and any other England fan as we are part of that collective.

I was replying to Earl Grey.

I don't think I have once lost my rag in this thread to be fair. Or stated anything false. The most controversial thing I've said was thet Portugal are 'wankers', a sentiment I'm sure is shared by Holland fans also. And I called Ronaldo a 'prick' which of course has been echo'd.

So again, I fail to see where you are heading here. I've already proved you wrong on the fans thing, so this is just one big roundabout. So shall we stop here, old boy? :thumb:

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

We brought quite an impresive army to Germany as well, too bad only a handful of em actually had entrance to the stadium, but the last city we played in, hosted somewhat 80.000 Dutch footballfans if my information is correct. Must have been quite a sight, all those drunken idiots in orange on those big squares gathered around huge screens. I've heard the German riverpolice were busy all day long fishing for fans jumping off bridges and stuff to take a swim in the river. :shake: But that's about the only problems they caused. Our hooligans hardly ever get organised for events like the WC, mostly because they hate eachothers guts. There is nothing to fear from the fans in orange, they are interested in just two things, beer and football.

4. Register Gems: 29/31

Yes I can.

Watch me.

Mistake, I ment to write "everyone" in that sentence.

Just because other agrees with it doesn't make it okay.

You first.

[ July 03, 2006, 00:15: Message edited by: Rutkowski ]

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Amazing bit of trivia from the pages of the International Herald Tribune:

'It is a fact that England missed more penalties in AufSchalke Stadium on Saturday than Germany has missed in six shootouts at international tournaments spread over 30 years'

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    Doesn't surprise me at all, English players have no bottle when it comes to penalties. I think we've had 4 or 5 penalty shoot-outs in World Cups and have lots every single time. I don't understand why we struggle so much with them!

7. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

So now we have four teams back, hopes Portugal looses great. Every other team can go with the trophy, but I do love the Italian way of playing football, so I hope they run with it at the end.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Actually, I want Portugal to reach the final, so Germany can hand France their ass back in the third place game, while Italy dominates Portugal in the final.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    I want Germany to win as they're the only team left who can honestly say they've played good, fair, flowing attacking football all tournament. I'd love them to win this time, it'd be good for the game.

10. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes, but IMHO Italy has done well, playing really good all over the field, while Germany has lacked somewhat in their defense. That's why it's Italy for me. France is just France - a bit lucky to go through, and Portugal is playing dirty.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Italy can consider themselves very lucky to be this far though. Their win over Australia was an absolute travesty. Although they are very solid at the back, as they usually are.

12. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree with Shaitan, Germany and Italy are the only teams to play consistant football right through. Whilst France were a bit lucky but have played the best 90 minutes of football and Portugal are just plain dirty. Its a shame Germany and Italy cant both meet in the final, IMO they are the 2 most deserving teams.

13. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

erg... an Italy-Portugal final is the worst possible outcome IMHO (although a festival of dives could be entertaining)...

Tho an Italian friend of mine is very hopeful about Italy's chances against Germany, due to the history between the two teams and his perception that Italy is starting to play well while Germany isn't (I, on the other hand, am not sure what WC he's watching)...

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I agree with the comments re Germany, although if France play like they did against Brazil then they will be in with a real chance. They certainly should have the experience to handle the big occasion. Who knows, they could then go on to win both the Soccer and Rugby World Cups in consecutive years.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Another Italy fan here if for no other reason than my friend loses the ability to hold Germany's win over my head every time we play Fifa06 or World Cup :rolleyes:

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Errr... about the fans thing; I'm sure that if the world cup is celebrated at Brasil or Argentina, 100000 England fans will be just a 10-20% of Argentinian or Brasilian fans.

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That's not what he means dude. England simply brings the most fans to the matches, what's so difficult to understand about that ? Proof of that is given a few posts back.

By your logic, the country with the most inhatitants simply have the most footballfans, which would be China, but that's kinda irrelevant now, don't you think ? The average Chinese is more occupied with how to put food on the table than visiting footballmatches.

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31

I did said fans, I understand what BA says; when Argentina played against Germany, there were aroud 500000 people watching the game in 5 stadiums and parks; if the game should be in Argentina, I'm sure that the stadium should be full of local people and lot more than that somewhere around and in another stadiums with big screens.
    Of course European Union people have cheaper ways to get to any other European country, that way is easy to get 100000 fans around Europe; how many of those 100000 could travel to South America and stay there for a month? Well, maybe lots because is cheaper down there, but I can asure you that IF Brasilian or Argentinian could afford a one month trip to Europe to support their teams, there would be lot more than 100000.

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

20. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Great article; so true. That applies to Argentina too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.