1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Enagonios, good to see another Italian supporter. Three of us now. :p

One hour and fourtyfive minutes until matchstart.

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Half an hour to go...I can't wait to see Italy get crushed FINALLY!!

Brazil getting eliminated now only leaves me with Portugal to support. This is really bad...I have missed EVERY SINGLE match of Germany's in this WC so far...and they might even win the World Cup now...

3. Register Gems: 29/31

Crushed? Pssh. Italy has more than enough to defeat them, all they need is to dare.

Seriously, Buffon is as good as, if not better, than Lehmann. In the German defence, the only really good defender is Philipp Lahm, the rest are average, a bit above par at best. Italy have Cannavaro, Zambrotta, and Materazzi. Grosso isn't bad either, no mistakes from him so far.
    In the midfield, only Ballack is really noteworthy when Frings is gone. The rest are good, but not in class with Totti and company.
    The German offense is awesome, I give you that. Podolski and Klose is gonna give the Italians a bitch of a time, but it's not like Camoranesi, Luca, and Iaquinta is bad. Having such a good scorer as Inzaghi on the bench and Del Piero who can be great at times isn't bad either.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito :banana: Benito

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good thinking. Even dour old traditional sports like cricket have some zany umpires who make up their own signals and have a load of fun.

Go Germany! Actually, let's hope there are 17 goals in this game, to make up for all the games we've had so far that have had less than 2 goals.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can't judge player vs player against Germany. They do well because of good teamwork, extreme work-rate, great mental toughness and a winning mentality. They never really have a team of great players.

Germany to take this one, as Italy are the spawniest team left in the competition and I think their luck will run out. It'll be close though. 1-0 the Germans, Klose to nick a cheeky one.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I reckon this one will go to penalties again, unfortunately.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Italians have one awesome defence. That Cannavaro fellow is brilliant. He should be playing in the Premiership. Can you imagine him and Terry, or him and Ferdinand at centre back for Man Utd or Chelsea? Scary.

9. Harbourboy

Still 0-0. I want to see more goals!

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Schnieder had a good chance then, although I'd say Italy might have just shaded the first half. It's like I said it would be though, very tight and close.

Ballack should get involved more.

Good game so far!

11. Register Gems: 29/31

Italy is dominating this game, but Germany has had their chances too. This is a very good game, extremely interesting, and I've been on the edge of my seat during the entire game.

12. Harbourboy

Oh, Totti holds his face in pain after being tackled from behind. Sounds dodgy to me.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    I can't believe this is the same Marco Materazzi who was absolute dog ****e at Everton and got sent off 3 times in the only 27 games he played for them.

Today. he's just been a wall against Germany. What a late bloomer!

14. Harbourboy

Hope someone is starting to warm up that penalty spot. I don't like our chances of seeing a goal in the next half an hour.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Italians hit the bar!

Brilliant, absolutely bloody brilliant. Well deserved victory for the Italians. What a game.

[ July 04, 2006, 23:29: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

16. Register Gems: 29/31

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

OMG!!! Those last ten minutes were bloody fantastic!!!! That first goal though was mindblowing...

I hate the Italians but I gotta admit...they deserve it. They've had it in spades!! Greeeeeeeeeeeeat game!!!

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Seriously, I'm crying manly happy tears here. I'm so excited. I may yet live to see Italy win a gold!

19. Harbourboy

5 points for me as I picked the 0-0 score at 90 minutes. Hooray.

Don't really care who wins from now on as I don't have any preference between Italy, France, and Portugal. I guess a Portugal win would be more interesting.

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Now lets just hope Portugal can pull something like this off tomorrow against France...and then thrash Italy in the finals!!! :D :D :D

I am still in shock...I thought Germany was a shoo-in for the finals.

Now that I think about it, this is the first World Cup I've seen which has had this many upsets so late in the tournament...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.