1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If Italy were to win the World Cup it would do alot to restore faith in Italian football due to the recent events in Serie A. It'd probably cause quite a fuss aswell.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ironic to say the least.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yeah indeed! Anyway I think that this final actually consists of the best to teams in this WC. One can allways discuss wether one team or another should have been in the finale, but this time I think we have them.

4. Duffin Gems: 13/31

True i guess, although i think the Germans performed much more consistently than the French.

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree, Duffin. (There's a surprise, eh? ;) )

I hope Italy will win. They have the best team in the WC, and it would be fair. When we won the last time, it was in Italy...

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Italy are still pretty lucky to be there given the very dubious close shave they had against Australia.

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

there he goes again......

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well it's true. But since that game, they've deserved everything they've got. Every team needs luck down the way.

9. teekc Gems: 23/31

waiting for Rutkowski to defend his best team. this board needs sparks

question,
    what language would figo speak to roberto carlos? spanish or portugese?

[ July 08, 2006, 16:21: Message edited by: teekc ]

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And France is pretty lucky that Switzerland and South Korea didn't tie, and that Switzerland and South Korea both didn't manage to score against an abysmal France, and that Spain sucked donkey dick against an abysmal France + a good Zidane, or that Brazil have sucked during the entire tournament, including against an Abysmal France, or that Portugal was too cowardly to attack after France got a penalty they shouldn't have had.

And Portugal is pretty lucky to come in the easiest group of the tournament, and to face a Netherlands that always underachieve in tournaments, and to face an England that also underachieves in tournaments and manage to win on penalties against them.

And Germany is lucky to be the home side, and to defeat Poland there in the second to last minute, and to meet a Sweden that sucked this tournament, and to win on penalties against Argentina.

You get my point? This was the long answer, want the short one instead? Here it is:

:rolleyes:

Agreed. Some people can't get over the fact that Italy beat them. One major referee decision was against them, one in favor of them, so it was fair and square.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

and here comes oliver khan

you've got to feel sorry for the security people around the field. the match is so close yet they have to face it with their back all the time.

[ July 08, 2006, 21:41: Message edited by: teekc ]

12. Duffin Gems: 13/31

:lol: i'd never thought of that, one of them was hit on the back of the head in one of the games, they showed the replay on MOTD, shame i cant remember which game :( .

13. Register Gems: 29/31

Really good game, but then, isn't all Bronce games good? 3-1 to Germany, Schweinstager did 2 and a half of those.(The second goal was a free kick he planned to have one of the Portugese kick into their own goal, and Petit fell for the trap.)

14. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Portugese since it's their common language :)

15. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Entertaining game...

How long will it take for C Ronaldo to work off the reputation he's picked up in this tourney I wonder...

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Congratulations to Portugal. They managed to score their second goal in the knockout stages! Well done :thumb:

17. Register Gems: 29/31

ZING!

18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Cause: 6 minutes into the game and a doubtful penalty shot is awarded to France. Result: Goal.
    Probable effect: 83+ minutes of boredom.
    Reason: See France-Portugal semi-final.

... unless Italy gets an equalizer soon. ;)

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You ask...Italy delivers. :D

20. Register Gems: 29/31

My thoughts of the first half:

Italy have controlled it pretty well. The only exception would probably be the penalty, which was more bull**** than Grossi's one against Australia. Seriously, look up bull**** in the next year's dictionary, and you'll see a picture of that situation.

Otherwise, unless France do something against Pirlo's corners, they are going to suffer greatly from it. Every single one have resulted in a really good chance, with one of them delivering.

My bet? 2-1 or 3-1 to Italy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.