1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Doesn't matter how good you look. All you've got to do is score one more goal than the opposition, which England did. Keep doing that and the World Cup is yours.

2. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Interesting game so far... Kudos to Holland - they managed to cripple one of Portugal's best players. Always nice to see... :nolike:
    On the other hand, Costinha tried his best to get sent off with a couple of irresposible tackles and finally managed it with an obviously on purpose handball. :bad:

Portugal is 1:0 up but Holland should be able to equalise at least... Whatever the outcome I am definitely supporting England in the next match. Whatever else they might be, by and large they play a fair game.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

round one, fight!

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Whoever wins this game is gonna have a hard time against England, due to all the booked players.

I think that when the game is over, a fight is gonna break out, instigated by the losers.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Have all those bookings been justified? There seem to be an awful lot and you're right about the impact of that on future games.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Most of them are justified. The players are playing with a real dirty edge. Plenty of bac tackles butalso plenty of bad diving. Both are bookable offences. The ref has been really whistle happy though.

7. Harbourboy

I hate all that fake diving. But this is all good for England, because they'll be playing the Portugese 'C' team at this rate.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Me too, Harbs. That ref was worse than Poll to be fair. He seemed to want to be centre of attention instead of letting the game flow. The game breaks the WC record for the amount of cards for a game.

I wante Holland tbh, as I would feel more comfortable about beatng them, Portugal are a trickier team to play... at least they wuill have many suspensions though.

C'mon England!

England till I die! I'm England till I die, I klnow I am, I'm sure I am, I'm England till I die!

No surrender, no surrender, no surrender to the IRA, SCUM!

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, football's coming home!

England boys we are here, oho, oho, England boys we are here, oho, oho, England boys we are herem shag your birds and drink your beer, ohoooo, shhhh AAHHHHH!!!

etc. etc. etc. etc....

9. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Just hope Figo gets a lot of punishment after this by FIFA :flaming:

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That was not a match, that was a massacre!
    How many yellows? 17? 18?
    I feel rather ashamed we were playing like this. Portugal was not too sweet either. Pity we have to leave like this.
    I am supporting the Socceroos now, for the time being.

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Barmy, stop drinking :lol:

How come Holland couldn't score even a goal?!

12. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Everything worked for the English today. They advanced to the next round with just one shot and now they will face Portugal without Deco and perhaps C. Ronaldo. Also, very bad coaching by Van Basten.

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Okay, we lost, big deal. No sensible Dutchman would have believed that we were going to win the cup anyway.

Marco van Basten => My hero
    Tomorrow, by Dutch custom, famous media people will declare that Marco should be taken outside, drawn and quartered. The general Dutch population will drop him like a brick (As they did with Dick Advocaat 2 years ago). Not me though, I'll stick with the man and hope that he'll be coach for the next cup.

Figo => Bastard
    That headkick(or whatever it is called) against Mark van Bommel behind the referee's back, that was mean, vile and Satan should be given a fourth head so that he can chew on Figo as well.

14. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

According to the match report there were 25 fouls comitted and of those 16 were bookable offences :1eye:

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Dear English team, please give Figo really something to cry about.

So now what....
    Hup, Australia, Hup! :grin:

16. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

That was hilarious, wasn't it? Good fun, though. The referee made one big mistake: it had to be the red card for Bouhlarouz after his foul against Ronaldo. But the yellow card was just an invitation for the other players to play even harder. Stupid.

If it comes to stupid: Deco's second booking was so incredibly dumb. Why did he keep the ball after the referee made it clear that he wouldn't tolerate playing out? Moron.

And I liked the look on Van Nistelrooy's face after Van Basten brought Vennegoor of Hesselink. Priceless!

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aye! Van Basten is our man! Next Euro Cup he'll do better.

/me chants along with Mesmero

18. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

As far as the stupid are concerned don't forget Costinha. Handball in the middle of the field few minutes before the end of the first half. I would execute him, if I was in Scolari's place.

19. Harbourboy

England now have an easy ride to the semi final, maybe against Brazil so should do no worse than fourth now. This must surely be England's best chance of winning the Cup.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    An 'easy ride'? Hell no, whoever a quality footballing nation lile Portugal put out will be hard to beat, regardless of suspensions.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.