1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Some times I think I only watch just to see how bad Vince can f*** over his business...

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tuesday night I was watching wrestling for the first time in years. I saw a match between the WWE champion and Ric Flair. I cannot believe Ric Flair still wrestles. How old is he? I remember him wrestling when I was a boy and now I'm 40. His skin looks like leather and he has no muscle tone at all.

3. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

he is 58, the latest plans i have heard for him call for his last match to be at this years wrestlemania. after that he will work behind the scenes at least until the end of his recently signed 3 year deal. i actually think he is in very good shape for someone of his age. how many almost 60 year old men do you know who can do what he does and not freakin' die?;)

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, I too had heard he was retiring this year, but not that he would be showcased at WM24. Interesting. I wonder if they plan to make Flair go down in a blaze of glory or give him one last championship run.

I'm also glad to see Undertaker will get a title shot at Armageddon... but I'm not pleased to see the f****** b**** Edge also part of this match. Last time I checked, Edge STOLE the belt from the Deadman, thus never earned it, and he sure as hell doesen't deserve a title shot.

TNA-wise, the Coalition definitively seems to be done. I wonder what TNA has in mind for Cage... it was mentioned that Cage vs Styles would happen down the line, and I get the feeling the time might be upon us.

Not sure about Tomko, though. He and Cage have always sticked together, and TBH, the thought of Cage or Tomko turning face makes me want to puke. Styles, on the other hand... he never was much of a good heel.

5. Gnarfflinger

They need to push Styles before he goes to Vince. If he's going to get buried, he might as well make a ton of money in the process...

6. Disciple of The Watch

TNA has put up yet another crappy PPV.

The 3D-Devine/MMG-Black Moronic tables match was the best match out of the whole damn PPV... also the only match won by heels.

Raven took Rhino's place in the 10k tacs match. PLEASE tell me this doesn't foresee Raven making a face turn!!!

And since Cage's streak was broken at BFG, it seems every major match he's a part of, he gets pinned. Do I need to say what happened against the big babyfaces tonight?

The website I get my info from has a poll about rating Turning Point with a school grade - 34% gave it a C and 28% gave it a F (me being part of this 28%).

The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to think that I got screwed and the show at the end of the month will suck. *shrugs*

7. martaug Gems: 23/31

anyone who hasnt seen the samoa joe shoot on the PPV should go to youtube and watch it. he blasts everybody he sees as bringing wrestling down. when he looks at dixie and says "what. dont like what im saying?.......... fire me." it was priceless :)

8. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, it was priceless...

But you know, through it all, Joe DOES have a VERY SOLID point - The TNA originals have been busting their a**** for years, and some WWE reject walks in through the revolving door of has-beens and gets the spotlight the TNA originals have earned through blood, sweat and tears. I can but imagine how frustrated they must be of being brushed aside in favor of some WWE reject.

TNA management offered to void any star's contract if they were unhappy about their job in TNA - Low-Ki took that offer and quit on the spot.

They also plan a cleanup of the roster -- "cutting the dead wood", they say. Methinks the TNA roster will be considerably thinned if they fire/release all the people who are unhappy.

I find it funny that Kurt Angle did a little peptalk and told everyone to stay positive and keep things on the right track.

My point is, TNA better fix their stuff, and do so QUICKLY, otherwise it will just speed the inevitable downfall.

*EDIT* Another bonehead decision from TNA! Daniels defeats Low-Ki for the briefcase that contains the "You're fired" notice.

Daniels is getting FIRED on DECEMBER 13th.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WELL DONE, TNA. VERY BRILLIANT.

Words can't express how POed I am. The illustrious TNA career of the Fallen Angel shouldn't end this way. This is a mockery.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Do you have a working link? The one I found was broken and there were only viewer's commentaries.

10. martaug Gems: 23/31

well it didnt take tna long to get that taken down!!

11. Disciple of The Watch

It looks like The Instant Classic might be set to make a face turn. Maybe AJ as well.

After the beatdown from the "Angle Alliance", it does look likely. As for AJ, well, he tried to break things up, so my guess is he'll make a face turn along with AJ.

Not sure about Tomko, though. He did just walk away from the beating. He and Cage have nearly always been together, so I guess it would make sense if he sticked with Cage.

Then again, TNA have been making bonehead decision after bonehead decision... so anything is possible, I'd wager.

12. Gnarfflinger

So the four cases went out, Steiner, Daniels, BG James, and Petey Williams. Let's look at the 16 possible scenarios:

Steiner has the World title: Most likely of the four wrestlers for the title shot. I don't see him beating Angle though.

Steiner with the Tag team shot: The Steiner Brothers against Styles and Tomko has tome heat to it. It could happen.

Steiner with the X division shot: Honest, I did get that typed before I broke out laughing...

Steinder getting the Pink Slip: He did have a serious injury, and perhaps TNA is cleaning house in the overpaid old geezer division. Come to think of it, Snot Ball was not there for the 10 man tag match either...

Daniels with the World title shot: What a push that would be! But he has earned it. After Steiner, Daniels makes most sense with that briefcase. Needless to say that TNA won't think of that...

Daniels with the Tag shot: Styles vs Daniels one more time? Instant Classic without Christian Cage involved. But a more serious omen would be a tough split with Triple X. Sure Senshi and Daniels would be a great feud, but Skipper would slip out of TNA.

Daniels with the X division title shot: I'm almost drooling over what he would do to Black Moronic in the title match. He'd make a great champ again...

Daniels getting fired: This sounds even dumber than Steiner with the X division shot...

BG James with the World title shot: Not gonna happen, BG would tap like a little boy...

BG for the Tag belt: The bit with Kip could be a work, and VKM vs Styles and Tomko means that if there's a rift with Styles and Tomko, then VKM could envigorate the tag team division by putting the focus on tag teams. A reunion with Ron Killings could happen as well if they want to break up VKM...

BG for the X division: Not blody likely.

BG gets fired: I remember hearing that Vince fired him over substance abuse issues. I also think that he would be a candidate to get cut to make room for younger guys...

Petey Williams for world title: Least likely of the four...

Petey for tag titles: I doubt he's have a real partner for the match.

Petey for X division: "Maple Leaf Muscles" sounds on par with Black Machismo or The Guru. He's going to get a push in the spoof of the X division.

Petey getting fired: It would be a mercy sacking with the new gimmick...

In short: I think Daniels might get the world title shot, BG James for the tag team shot, Petey for the X division, and Steiner getting fired...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Here's the official results from the 12/13 tapings:

Jeremy Borash comes to the ring and they offer Steiner a $50,000 check or any choice of "Feast or Fired" briefcase he wants. They had the briefcases set up like the show "Deal or No Deal" complete with girls next to the briefcases. Steiner decides to take Petey’s briefcase. Petey was then given Scott Steiner’s case. Petey opened it and found out he now had the World Heavyweight Title match.

BG James was allowed to open his "Feast or Fired" briefcase and found out he won the World Tag Team Title shot.

They have Scott Steiner and Christopher Daniels open the last two briefcases. Steiner got the X Division Title match and Christopher Daniels got fired. Daniels started to cry as he shook hands with Jeremy Borash and Scott Steiner.

Daniels is getting fired (:mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming: ), Steiner gets an X Division title shot (:lol: :lol: :lol:), BG and Kip get a Tag title shot.

And if memory serves, Steiner already defeated Angle.

VKM getting a title shot... that's good. Steiner getting an X Division shot... that's laughable at best. Petey getting a Heavyweight shot? An eye roller.

Firing Daniels? THAT IS PLAIN STUPID. :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming:

I am simply revolted that TNA are dumb enough to sack the veteran and pioneer of the X-Division. TNA seems to be taking a huge piss and dump on their own legacy, their own past. When Black Moronic stole (yes, STOLE) Daniels's #1 contendership, it made my stomach churn. And when this IDIOT won the X Belt from Angle, it made my stomach churn even more badly. Taking the #1 contendership from the longest reigning X Champ and give it to a laughable wannabe? Give me a f****** break.

It makes me sick. Vince Russo destroy WCW, and now he's destroying TNA, and he's doing a damn good job at that, let me tell you.

I'd bet Daniels will be back in RoH and the independent circuit. Low-Ki will likely return on the independent circuit and with a little luck, maybe even in Japan.

I regret the $33.50 I spent for my TNA ticket. I should have bought a RoH PPV instead.

14. martaug Gems: 23/31

cmon DotW, tell us how you REALLY feel! only 15 smileys, you're slipping. :)
    yeah seems kinda dumb to give stiener an x division shot & the deal with daniels makes me wonder if he asked for his release AFTER the meeting the other night.
    do you remember the match he had in wcw against iirc scott steiner where he tried a mid rope somersault and landed square on the top of his head? i thought he had broke his neck!!

15. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Tal capped smilies use to 15, which is nowhere near enough to vent my frustrations about the totally bonehead decision of firing Daniels.

What pisses me off even more was the fact that the original plan for Low-Ki's briefcase to contain a Tag Team title shot... think about it - a chance for XXX to become Tag Champs. Remember their feud with AMW? XXX is (or rather was) a pretty potent tag team.

With Daniels and Low-Ki out of the picture, the X Division is seriously lacking heels - there's only Johnny Devine and Skipper left, and I have a feeling Skipper will vanish from TNA once again - I mean, when was the last time he had a match?

Thankfully, Judas Mesias returns next week (and he WILL bloody up Abyss pretty bad), so maybe now Jim Mitchell can lay Abyss to waste once and for all - after all, you've also got Black Reign, Rellik and Raven after Abyss.

I just hope Mesias gets the monster heel push he deserves upon returning - this guy is VERY talented and definitively deserves an eventual World title shot.

Black Reign and Rellik could be a pretty potent tag team too... if TNA would stop jobbing them.

Raven... I like this guy, but with Serotonin done, I'm not sure what TNA has in mind for him. IMO, he should be sent to the creative department - along with Abyss, they could save TNA from their impending doom.

But that's just my :2c:

16. martaug Gems: 23/31

i see ron killings has announced on his myspace that he and tna have come to an agreement to his release

17. Gnarfflinger

But Killing Russo is illegal...

18. Disciple of The Watch

The taping results of Dec. 29th iMPACT will make for a not too bad show.

Like I suspected, Cage is making a face turn. He will seal it by teaming up with *shivers*... Booker T... against Angle and Roode.

Tomko is going back on his own, and it looks like AJ will too.

Interesting changes ahead, methinks. I disagree with Cage's face turn, though.

19. Gnarfflinger

Cage makes a good heel, but Angle is someone that people pay to watch get beaten out of sheer principle, so the only way for Cage to move up the food chain is to become a face. He's actually a character that can do that. Now Hooker B is a better heel, and Steiner, um, What the <bleep> is he still doing in TNA?

20. Disciple of The Watch

Well, if Cage turning face means a possibility to once again see him with the WHC, then I'm all for it.

We know for sure Cage can beat Squirt Angle - hell, he's done it before, and he can do it one more time. He can and he WILL do it - he's has gone through hell and back with bigger and stronger opponents (like Abyss), and he survived - hell, he even succesfully defended the NWA WHC against Abyss when he captured it in the year following his arrival in TNA. It was an insane match - I'll never forget the Five Star from the top of the six sides of steel, or the Unprettier in the pile of thumbtacks.

And yes, Cage is a character who is flexible enough to be both a good face and a good heel.

I take solace in the fact that he will make another heel turn down the line. In the meanwhile, watching Cage whip Squirt Angle's a** big time is a worthy tradeoff for a face turn.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.