1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Turns out the "firing" of Daniels is a storyline.

I wonder what creative will come up when it's time to bring him back.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Meanwhile WWE didn't do well with their PPV...

Finlay somehow beat the Great Khali. Vince burying him already?

JBL screws Y2J. JBL better be making a comeback...

Edge pulls a fast one to beat Batista and the Undertaker. I think I could do better then that with the pictures he has to have...

Big Daddy V got the pin on CM Punk. What the hell is Big Daddy V doing in ECW anyway. He's not Extreme...

MVP deliberately DQ'ed against Rey. He's just not developing into the heel he should...

HBK beats Kennedy. Shouldn't they be pushing Kennedy?

Matt Hardy beats Triple H. I didn't think they'd be pushing him so soon...

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Did Edge act like a scared-boneless chicken again? I swear, that act of his is getting more improbable by the day. It's annoying enough on other heels, but it fits him about as absurdly as a dinner dress.

I can understand it on another wrestler who's acting tough, but for crying out bloody loud, he's already fought and and iirc defeated at least once nearly everybody. It just doesn't suit him. How likely it is that a guy who'd done it all, solo and team, has been champion more times than all but a handful of wrestlers in the WWE today, acts like a newbie who's c...ped his pants from a mean look?

4. Disciple of The Watch

This year's Armageddon was nothing but a gigantic pile of stinking s***.

Yes he is... extremely fat and extremely ugly.

Yes, next Monday on Monday Night Crap.

Yes, and it pisses the hell out of me. Kennedy's the future, HBK's an old, washed-up has-been.

Pushing him so hard is a mistake. Jeff Hardy annoys the hell out of me.

It was revolting, absolutely disgusting that this idiot was the one who broke Snitsky's unpinned streak.

Matt, on the other hand, deserves a match with the sorry excuse of a US Champ when he returns. Matt's not an annoying chump, unlike his brother.

No, he manipulated the Major Brothers in helping him by promising them Tag Team gold.

Edge is a b****. The spineless coward act suts Christian Cage like a glove, but not Edge. I'm tired of Edge, I'm tiref os his shenigans, and I'm still POed as hell the way he blatantly STOLE the WHC from the Deadman, screwed us out of a classic at SS, and now once again dishonors the WHC.

I do not like Batista, but he was a fighting champ, like Undertaker was. Edge is a spineless coward who has no buisness holding the WHC.

5. Gnarfflinger

TNA embarrassed AJ Styles again. How long before ECW features AJ Styles vs the Fallen Angel, Christopher Daniels (complete with new, ridiculous gimmicks, of course)?

And Samoa Joe, Who do you want to see him choke out first on WWE?

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't really see him on WWE, but if we're talking about serious choking - or at least serious enough to get out of the business for a while, I would say Khali. He's lost all credibility with this loss, and appears utterly incapable of winning a single important match.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Christopher Daniels will be back - the "firing" storyline was made up to allow him to fulfill his indy contractual obligations. It's pretty stupid, and I can't wait to see what creative will cook up to explain his return, especially considering it was "leave TNA never to return".

Styles... they're definitively burying him. He's 1/2 of the Tag Champs, though. TNA might even keep him happy by giving him a X Division title match down the line -- but then again maybe not, as TNA look to be set to bury their own talent in favor of a ton of WWE rejects.

Joe... he's POed, and justifiably so.

All those guys, moving on to WWE? Oh please, they'd be thrown in "developmental territory", despite their rather impressive wrestling backgrounds. They'd definitively be better off returning to ROH or other indy promos.

And speaking of the WWE, Extremely Crappy Wrestling should be buried. TNA's been getting higher ratings than this sorry excuse of a "wrestling" show. When was the last time there was an "Extreme rules" (aka a regular old ECW match), hmm? So long I can't even remember.

BUT, for all the violent wrestling lovers here, I bring you salvation.

The Tournament of Death is one of the most violent things I ever saw - when was the last time a match was stopped because of excessive blood loss?

The Cage of Death? The name says it all.

Abyss and his BAG of thumbtacks? A freaking ameteur.

8. Gnarfflinger

I've heard of CZW through some Wrestling RP sites. When we get High speed, I will be looking into this quite a bit...

9. Disciple of The Watch

CZW is the old ECW on crack. They indeed deserve their name of "The Ultraviolence".

CZW regularly hosts the "fans bring the weapons" matches, something the old ECW was known for. There's also the Cage of Death and the barb wire fence that is waiting for you if you ever fall out of the cage. BAGS of thumbtacks? F***** amateur - bring on full BOXES of tacs.

I also remember when CZW invaded ROH during ROH's show at the ECW arena. FIres, riots, beatings... good times.

And I got SD vs Raw 2k8 on PS2 - I make the matches I damn want to, and all is well in my world - Ken Kennedy is the WWE Champ, Snitsky the Intercontinental champ, Dreamer & Sandman the World Tag Team Champs, Mark Henry the World Heavyweight Champ (odd, but he won the 6-man Hell in a Cell), Gregory Helms is the Cruiserweight Champ, Kane & Undertaker WWE Tag Team Champs, Lashley is US Champ.

As soon as I unlock Terry Funk, I'll have him kick Nitro's ass for the "ECW" Championship in a everything goes match, just like in the old ECW.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Well, tonight was the TNA show, and it was a good, but not great one.

All four championships were on the line, but in a rather previsible twist, none of them changed hands.

Never in my life have I ever seen the Instant Classic cheered so much.

LAX put on a good match, as always.

Styles/Tomko vs Abyss and Samoa Joe? Uhhh... explain to me the logic behind this one, because I fail to understand.

Black Moronic vs Dutt? Oh please.

The idiotic Eric Young won against Storm... but with a sneaky pin, and that's not a true victory to me.

Rave and Wildcat? Rave put on a good show, though he jobbed.

The "knockouts" 4-way was laughable - there's no way in hell Kim can pin Kong.

Cage VS Squirt Angle? Cage had the damn match won, but Angle cracked him in the dome with the Championship. Cage was screwed. The USA sucks chants from my fellow Quebecers were pretty darn funny.

The show was good... the people attending it were idiots. Drunken idiots, people who don't know squat about TNA, morons pointing out the obvious, snot nosed rugrats running everywhere, pro-WWE idiots, kids with the horrible Cena spinner replica belt...

Whatever.

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I like wrestling since when I got a little into it back in good ol' '99. It has never been on tv here, with the sole exception on a weekly Nitro, which I viewed sometimes. But me parents didn't like it so I mostly forgot to watch, also because no one else on the frickin' continent seemed to like it.

Nowadays I own various WWE dvd's from '00-'02 and some more recent 'Mania's, and play wrestling games, like TEW2007. That's a management game, very fun and deep enough to keep playing it for months and months. Check the site for the demo and more info (greydogsoftware.com)

12. Disciple of The Watch

Quick update about the Fallen Angel "firing" storyline:

As I thought, the storyline was to allow Daniels time to fulfill his indy contractual obligations, which DOES make sense.

As for what creative will cook up when he returns... many including myself think that Daniels WILL return, not as the Fallen Angel... but as Curry Man. Fans of the indys will remember or already know about Daniel's Curry Man gimmick - vintage Christopher Daniels with a different set of move and a more eyebrow-raising gimmick.

Fallen Angel was being buried. Maybe bringing back Daniels as Curry Man will rejuvenate a stale X-Division roster, and hopefully Daniels will once again be pushed to the top. He's the pioneer of the X-Division, and I'm sick and tired beyond words of Black Moronic.

Then again, this is TNA we're talking about. Failing that, I would see Daniels back in RoH, and Styles too. Christian... not sure - he's more of a showman so a return to WWE seems logic. Squirt Angle? He can FOAD for all I care. Tomko? Back to Japan. Homicide & Hernandez? Back to RoH and/or Japan.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Well, it finally happened - Awesome Kong dethroned the Asian [censored]! Not a minute too soon, I must say. Now that Kong is on top of the mountain, TRY pushing her off. Watching her crush the other "knockouts" is something I take an immense pleasure in, TBH.

And TNA had a PPV last weekend - it was good. I didn't liked the fact that Styles screwed Cage and handed the victory to Squirt Angle on a golden platter (therefore, still stuck with this moron as WHC), but I'm delighted just thiking about Styles VS Cage. Cage also made me laugh when he called Karen Angle "a cougar in heat", referring when she seduced styles. You know your pr0n, Cage. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abyss VS Mesias was a very solid match. Jim Mitchell and Mesias were going to set Abyss on fire until security stop them. I like Mesias - such an evil persona is refreshing. Plus, he's a highly decorated wrestler in both Puerto Rico AND Mexico. I'm curious to see if Mitchell's stable will become a reality.

LAX are now officially managed by Ariel. Give me a f****** break. Bring back Konnan, at least HE kept things interesting!

3D/Devine won against the MCMG and Black Moronic. A pretty darn good match. even if 3D were highly handicapped by it.

The rest of the matches were just hokay, so I won't waste any breath on them.

Oh, and Roode has finally got rid of the funbags Brooks, so he'll officially be paired with Rain (aka Ms. Banks)

14. Gnarfflinger

What's worse for TNA, They are setting up for Awesome Kong to squash the lesser knockouts then will hand the title to ODB. For some reason, I can't help but think that he's had a surgery to become a she, and they went overboard with the silicone after that...

You may not like Squirt Angle, but that's the point. You are supposed to tune in in hopes that he gets his ass handed to him, and by the PPV hoping for that. Too bad Russo is too stupid to realize you have to actually deliver at some point...

It will be interesting to see what they do with Judas Messias after the angle with Abyss runs it's course. So many characters have been brought into promotions for an initial feud, only to fizzle because there's no buyable reason for them to feud with someone else after the first feud has run it's course...

LAX and Aeriel? At least we get another woman to look at. It might distract us from the fact that Russo couldn't book his way ouit of a wet paper bag...

Did the Dudley Boys knock some sense into Black Machismo and make him realize that he's not the re-encarnation of Randy Savage? The truth is that what made the Macho Man work as a character was the fact that he was an @$$hole. Jay Lethal is just a talented wrestler who need to kick Russo's teeth in...

So Ms Brooks has a feud now. Maybe they could bring back GLOW. Then nobody would notice how bad Russo sucks...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Gnarff, you pretty much guessed TNA's plans. ODB is booked as a heel, but because of the positive feedback from the crowd, she'll be making a quiet face turn. TBT, I don't mind. ODB might not be the best wrestler around, but I dig her persona. I usually zap channels when there's a "knockouts" match, but if ODB or Kong are part of it, then it's worth watching it. Those two give some dimension to an otherwise s*** (*cough*Kim, Love, Sky*cough*) filled division.

And who tells you I buy TNA PPVs? I get the results off a website about all things TNA, then I decide if it's worth getting, and if it is, I make a few phone calls, and presto, I have it.

Well, once the Abyss angle is over, Mitchell's stable does sound viable to me - the Tag division has been lacking some good heel stables. Now that XXX is done, the Dudleyz at war with the X-Division (not to mention they want to leave the company somewhere next month), there's little noteworthy heel tags, so the more the better.

As for the Dudleyz vs MCMG, it was an Ultimate X match - basically a pathetic effort from the X-Division to reclaim the belt. Yes, MCMG and Black Moronic took quite a beating, and Devon recovered the belt. The next step is a streetfight with the stipulations that if the Dudleyz win, the X-Division will be dissolved. Truth is, they'll put over the X-Division and leave the company - they already stated their interest in returning to WWE, though I don't think this will happen.

As for the funbags, I'm not sure how much of a feud this can be. There's no denying Rain is a superior wrestler, plus as Roode's sidekick, she has the backing of the whole "Angle Alliance". Sure, Brooks has Hooker B and his whore, but that's it. Rain is much more beautiful than Brooks (though not as a blonde), so no big loss.

16. Gnarfflinger

I don't buy the PPV either. I wait for you to bitch about it here (Since Impact is not until Thursday). But someone obviously does. TNA is hoping that we will buy the PPV, but I can think of better things to blow the money on.

I could see the Duddley Boys return to WWE as a tag team in the ECW brand. They need to do something or the brand won't survive...

17. Disciple of The Watch

:lol: :lol: :shake: :shake:

As for the Dudleyz... keep in mind Extremely Crappy Wrestling has no tag team titles, nor anything closely resembling a tag team division. Smackdown might be a better home for them. And also, it seems there's a year left on their contracts, so they'll stay in TNA.

And while on the Dudleyz, the stipulations for the streetfight are rather odd - if the MCMG wins, the weight limit for the X-Division gets topped at 275, and like it's been said before, if the Dudleyz wins, then kiss the X-Division goodbye.

Also, the TNA show in Japan will be aired on the 17th. Should be interesting... hopefully.

Oh, yeah, John Seen-It returns at WM24. Out for a year my a**.

*EDIT* Oh, yeah, here's an interesting piece of news: Chris Harris has jumped ship to the WWE. His contract expired a week or so ago, and TNA wanted him to stay, but he agreed to terms with WWE. Wildcat, you'll be stuck in "developmental territory" as long as it will take to wash off the TNA stigma off of you, then you'll be sent to Extremely Crappy Wrestling or something like that. You're retrograding from mid-carder to jobber.

And speaking of Extremely Crappy Wrestling, Gnarff, this sorry excuse of a show WILL die - it's just a matter of time. TNA supplanted them in terms of ratings a few months ago, and things haven't stopped going downhill ever since.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  18. Disciple of The Watch

Tonight, Spike aired the Global Impact episode - or the invasion of New Japan Pro Wrestling, if you prefer.

Wasn't bad, but too much blahblahblah, and the only full match who was shown? Squirt Angle defending the fake IWGP title (yes, it's no longer recognized as a legit title - the "third belt") against a NWPJ legend. This match showcased how exponentially better Japanese pro wrestling is versus the American crap. Despite the fact that Nagata lost the match, he delivered an unbelievable performance and a truly competitive match that surprised even me, and keep in mind I'm a NOAH diehard.

I would have loved to see Tomko & Giant Bernard defend against the Steiners, or Abyss bleed (the routine), but as usual, Total Nonstop Crap places the spotlight on Squirt Angle.

You know, a few years ago, when TNA was still a fledgling promotion, I remembered Russo trying to drive TNA in the direction it's presently going. The most amusing part about that is that Tenay was POed as hell and said he watched Russo destroy WCW, and that he wouldn't allow the same thing to happen to TNA. Well, Tenay? TNA is being destroyed, and what are you doing about it? Nothing. Ironic, isn't it?

Now, excuse me while I go back watching some more NWPJ.

19. Gnarfflinger

I will have to check that out when we get the high speed. It could be within the week now!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Interesting little factoid regarding AMW:

Harris was the one who begged and begged and begged management to break up AMW because he wanted to be a singles wrestler. A few weeks after, Harris asked Storm if he wanted to reform the team, and Storm said no. :shake:

You know, I've always seen Storm as the heart and soul of AMW. The guy has charisma, plenty of skill, and generates some very good heat, so he makes a GREAT heel. He's also proven in the past he makes a good face, too.

So if there's anyone to blame for the end of AMW, it's Harris.

And a special mention to the Abyss-James Mitchell "I'm your father" storyline. I'm not too crazy about this storyline, as it reminds me of Kane, Undertaker and Bearer... but Jim Mitchell cut such an UNBELIEVABLY GOOD promo I think it actually could turn out not too bad... Jim Mitchell is gold.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.