1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

actually roadkill is michael depoli & 6' 300lbs , while bam neely is justin larouche & 6' 4" 300lbs. just a little height difference but they do look similar:D

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Festus was indeed the fake Kane. They needed someone with comparable height and weight, and Festus is pretty close to the real deal, though IIRC Festus is a bit shorter.

And yes, I remember when Hardy got canned. The Edge/Hardy heat is genuine heat - Lita really had an affair with Edge, so I heard. Canning Hardy for wanting Edge's head on a platter is a REALLY stupid move.

And Gnarff, I agree that the wheelchair has done it's run. Fortunately, remember what Kane said... so I think it's safe to assume Vickie's reign as GM is drawing to and end, and the day the Brothers do indeed "take care" of her and T-Lo retakes Smackdown, I swear I'm throwing a keg party.

First move T-Lo should do? Reinsert the Cruiserweight title. Let Yang, Moore and company strive for something else than job to Miz & Nitro.

3. martaug Gems: 23/31

coachman is apparently leaving wwe to take an anchor job with espn. that explains mick foley taking over the color commentary on smackdown

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hey, if Foley is as nutty as he appears to be, he can definitely breathe some color into it.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And Mike Adamle has done such a poor job on ECW that he allegedly walked off the show before the Main event. Tazz followed him, whether it was to protest the departure of Joey Styles or whether it was trying to talk to Adamle, I don't know. I just see the ECW brand of WWE being a disaster...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Foley does a surprisingly good job as color commentator, in all honesty. He adds a touch of humor which is a welcome relief, he knows what he's talking about, plus he can poke fun at himself, and he's FAR less annoying than Coach.

Styles has not left - he has been transfered to some kind of wack job involving the Wish we Were Entertaining website.

Adamle is an abysmal failure. Worst, Regal replaced JR with Adamle to call a match during yesterday's two hours of our favorite soap opera.

Funny, Extremely Crappy Wrestling's 100th episode airs tonight. Extremely Crappy Wrestling needs to be put out of it's misery. Seriously. Or if this abomination keeps going, it needs to be repackaged - first thing to do is to stop further dishonoring the ECW name.

7. Gnarfflinger

The depressing thing is that the show was live from London, Ontario, and my uncle knew a guy with tickets that wasn't going to use them. If my back was in better shape, I could have bought the tickets and gone. I'm sure my cousin would have taken me if I paid for his ticket too...

8. Disciple of The Watch

I assume you would have went to the show for the Smackdown part.

Speaking of Smackdown... Undertaker will have a chance to regain his WHC. Guess who his opponent is gonna be? Edge. AGAIN.

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Hey, if they manage something like the last 2 times, I'm not complaining. I actually hope this time the Edge manages to win the title, and then loses it at some later point.

Btw, I catch myself looking at the quote unquote diva division despite myself. I'm hoping their latest member manages to at least somewhat live up to my expectations. Her recent-ish match vs Cherry was quite entertaining to watch, although that was in some degree due to her opponent: I'd cheer for Nessie if that means getting that blonde pink-ribooned absurdity out of a wrestling ring.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  10. Disciple of The Watch

No, I'm fairly certain Undertaker will take Edge out again. Then, do join forces with Kane and please rid Smackdown of the two clowns Edge and Vickie. Smackdown has been their reality show for FAR too long.

And I NEVER, EVER want to see a segment involving whipped cream, strawberries, Edge & Guerrero AGAIN. /barfs

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I am very sure I have no intention whatsoever of asking what the second paragraph is all about. However, after the by-the-book lesson of fighting a superior wrestler Edge delivered twice, I figure he is due a win vs the dead man. You can have the Taker and Kane pound the living and dead crap out of him the next monday, though - he's had more than his share of title runs.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  12. Disciple of The Watch

It refers to a segment during Smackdown a couple of weeks ago. Undertaker had match after match in an effort to soften him up for his WHC defense against Edge, while there was several vignettes of Edge & Guerrero having a massage and crap like that. The last segment was Edge & Guerrero in bed with what looked like strawberries and whipped cream on a cake. I'm leaving the rest to your imagination. Now excuse me while I go scrub my brain with Lysol.

13. Gnarfflinger

I've never been to a live wrestling show. I never had the money or a ride when the show was coming to town. Had I not buggered up my back, I'd have enough money to buy a ticket for myself and my cousin, who would drive, and still get a T-shirt.

And I'd have gone also for ECW's 100th episode to heckle Mike Adamle. And if Tommy Dreamer needed a weapon for his match, I'd be honoured to offer a steel toed shoe...

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

@DotW: What the f... ? I had a feeling it would be something like that, and I didn't really want to know the details. Anyway, someone should send a letter to WWE central and explain to them we already have soap operas, and the studios throughout Latin American are doing a fine enough job making crappy titles. No need to muscle in on their turf.

Or maybe they just outsourced their creative department to Rio de Janeiro, which would account for everything since... hmmm, actually idiotic "love angles" didn't start in the last few years. I doubt they've managed to get nearly as moronic as the HHH/Stephanie McMahon "pregnancy" angle, but I'm not watching a full Smackdown show until they come to their senses... somewhat.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  15. martaug Gems: 23/31

uummm, shaman you do know that hhh & steph really are married and have 1 child with another one on the way right? just checking.

16. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I knew they were married, but didn't really care about the children - I'm fairly neutral towards HHH anyway, so I don't bother much about his actual persona. Regardless, Martaug, imo the whole angle they made about it a few years ago was extremely annoying, senseless, and tasteless - possibly the worst of its kind that WWE has produced. If I wanted a low-quality soap opera, there is enough of it on both the national and cable channels to last me 152.24 lifetimes even without a bloody wrestling show shoving more down my throat.

17. Gnarfflinger

I just don't know when they actually got married. I don't think they were married at the start of the HHH Stephanie angle.

And TNA is putting guys that hate each other as partners for the Tag team title tournament. Sounds like some interesting viewing...

18. Disciple of The Watch

Stink and Storm is a mildly interesting pairing.... creative, have half a brain for a change and use Stink as a stepping stone to push Storm to the maineventer status he deserves.

I would have laughed my ass hard so bad had the James be paired together once again... but then again there's a possibility he might end up with Kong. That would be strange bedfellows.

Bonehead move by WWE (again): Kane tagging with CM Suck for the Tag Titles. Moronic. It should be the Brothers crushing M&M...

SMART move by WWE: Release Torrie Wilson! One less s*** to pollute Friday Night Sleepdown!

19. Gnarfflinger

I didn't realize that Torrie Wilson was still there...

One story line I find getting stupid faster and faster every time it gets dragged out is a crooked Authority abusing power to screw those they don't like and promote the ones they do.

And TNA is not much better. Cornette is not showing himself as a great exec. But then again, if he was as good as I first thought, he'd have canned Russo a long time ago...

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Wow, it still me amuses me what anti-fandom Russo has. Maybe he should be put into a ring himself... no matter how bad he is, I doubt anyone would complain as long as he gets beaten :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.