1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, for starters, turning on Raven. Then the morons of the creative department decided to use Raven as a stepping stone to push Kaz which is something that litteraly churns my stomach and makes me want to puke.

Then, a face turn. For the love of Satan, isn't the X-Division already filled with enough babyface clowns? Am I the only one who notices the imbalance in the X roster? There's only Devine and Skipper left as heel X, but when was the last time Skipper was on TV, you tell me? Then, look at the babyface X - Black Moronic, Kaz, Curry Man, Consequences Creed, Shark Cold, Dutt, Motor City Machine Suck - see my point now?

But back to Raven. I had high hopes for Raven in his match with Kaz. I had honestly hoped to see Kaz get a RAVEN EFFECT STRAIGHT ON THUMBTACKS. Or through a table with tacks on it. Or any combination Raven could have come with in his diabolical mind. Remember his NWA Title defense against Abyss? One of my best "HOLY S***" moments EVER. Raven proved an awful lot to me with this match.

TNA has missed the mark on many occasions, and IMO, their stupidest mistake ever was to overlook a Hardcore division. They have (had, in the case of some wrestlers like Raven and Sabu) the roster... and in the old TNA, hardcore matches were not an oddity, unlike the repackaged hunk of stinking crap they called "wrestling". That includes Squirt Angle's and his whore's reality show, the pathetic "knockouts division" (give me a break, seriously), and the nonstop flow of WWE rejects and WCW geriatric ward escapees - come on, giving Kevin Trash a WORLD TITLE RUN? ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME, TNA?!? Did someone sawed open creative's skulls, removed their brains and took a dump?

Oh and they plan on bringing Abyss back. They said they would cut his violent matches and focus on his "wrestling ability". WHAT'S THE POINT OF BRINGING ABYSS BACK, IF NOT TO MAKE HIM BLEED AND MAKE OTHER PEOPLE BLEED?!? If that's the case, why don't you bring him back under the pathetic Justice gimmick instead of turning the Abyss gimmick a wimpy wrestler?

Okay, enough ranting for now.

2. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i figured you might blow a gasket when you heard their plans for abyss.
    i see your point on the x division having to many faces & not enough heels.
    i really enjoyed raven in the old ecw however i think he is/was like sandman, a character that just doesn't carry over well to other types of wrestling shows. never saw any of the early tna raven stuff so i can't say for sure.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Less violence in the matches, no more blood, It's WCW in a six sided ring!

And what happened to WCW? It's still better than the rest of the crap on Thursday nights...

4. Disciple of The Watch

WCW in a six-sided ring... I love it! Consider that line stolen.

Raven, Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman are talented hardcore wrestler, and hardcore has no place in Monday Nyquil, Tuesday Night Extremely Crappy Wrestling, Thursday Night Nitro (WCW in a six-sided ring) or Friday Night Sleepdown.

Early TNA Raven reminds me a bit of his ECW days, especially his Clockwork Orange House of Fun against Sandman, the NWA WHC defense against Abyss, his Tag Team match with Sabu and speaking of Sabu, I cannot NOT mention the Hangman's Horror match between the two.

5. Gnarfflinger

Get it right, it's Monday Night Blah...

Nyquil was another slam at Nitro...

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Meh, I liked WCW, some of the time at least.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Raw is as entertaining as drinking a full bottle of Nyquil, so it fits too.

And back to Tajiri - appearantly he has had talks with Wish we Were Entertaining about a return... on Extremely Crappy Wrestling.

Seems like Regal has gotten himself suspended. Funny how they recycled the Jeff Hardy suspension page for Regal and just changed a few things...

8. Gnarfflinger

That would explain Teddy Long's brief appearance on Blah. So will they get someone competent to run Crapdown or will they just leave it to Vicky...

9. Disciple of The Watch

T-Lo should take back Crapdown. Seriously. Edge's whore announced YET ANOTHER F'N UNDERTAKER VS EDGE MATCH. TLC, this time. And the stipulations are that if Taker loses, he's fired. Somebody please kill Edge and his whore. I'm getting tired of reheats - it's like the fourth Edge/Taket title match, give me a F'N break.

Judging by this week's Total Nonstop A-Holery taping results - aka AJ Styles getting his ass beaten by Hooker B, the Dudleyz, and Squirt Angle, I'm thinking they're setting him up for a face turn.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  10. Gnarfflinger

The way I look at it, Teddy Long is the best General Manager that any brand has had in a while, so it makes sense that he should be on the flagship brand. I think that Foley would be a good GM for ECW, and maybe give Hot Rod a try as GM of Smackdown.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, but if Foley takes the GM reins, who will fill the color commentator role on Crapdown?

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

What is the color commentator btw, the guy who tries to spice things up, play devil's advocate, or some such?

With some luck, it could be Flair - though by now I guess he wants out of the WWE anyway.

13. Gnarfflinger

Foley could cover both jobs in the short term, but I could see Dusty Rhodes doing commentary. It's disasterous enough that they'd do it...

14. Disciple of The Watch

Dusty Rhodes? This isn't WCW!

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

@Gnarff: Now that I think about it, Vince was a commentator in the 1990s, so it's possible. It has promise, actually - if you actually have any extreme in your heart, Foley might be one heck of an inspirational figure.

But it will only work if the Powers-that-be want (or at least don't mind) an actually extreme, interesting ECW.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Vince as commentator? Nah, I don't think so. Wish we Were Entertaining did a poll as to who the fans would like to see as new GM of Blah, and Vince is actually leading the polls, last I checked. Another heel GM would be interesting, though my vote goes to T-Lo... at least he doesen't spend his time taking bonehead decisions like oh, say, Guerrero. Speaking of her, she draws an insane amount of heat, from what I heard. Well-deserved - stop shoving Edge down our F'N throats.

WWECW will always stand for Extremely Crappy Wrestling. Don't expect anything from this brand - it's broken beyond all repairs.

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I have a fairly good opinion of Edge, but I admit he's being pushed a bit too hard for that laughable persona of his. If he is to be a viable titleholder, he may be more suited for a smaller belt - US champion or some such. Oh, and while we're on the topic of the Edge vs Taker: I am sick of "feuds" where one of the opponents never wins a PPV match. A good match needs to have opponents of comparable skill - and if the Edge isn't quite Taker's match, then we should have someone who is. If he is, let him freaking win already - if you want the Taker to keep the belt, he's damn well good enough to regain it. Have him play a little mind game on Edge while he's at it - he's as good at psychological warfare as anyone else, and no one can quite creep me out as he does.

As for Vince a commentator, I'm sure I saw him as one for one of the older WMs... 10 or so. It's hard to imagine him there now, though :) Anyway, I meant it as an admission that Foley could be a commentator and lead ECW - it's going downhill anyway.

18. Gnarfflinger

It's getting closer to it all the time...

I think he worked with Bruno Sanmartino on one of the Saturday morning shows when I first started watching in the Mid 80's. Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura did the other show. Vince wasn't as bad as some of the commentators I've heard since then (Adamle, Tenay, Madden). I don't know that he could do it now that he's become more known for the "Mr. McMahon" character.

Vince as GM might not be too bad, but he has to at least try to be a fair and impartial. Mind you anyone who crosses the boss will still have a club to join...

Honestly the best I've seen in such a position was Austin. He put the matches together based on who would make a good show. The Character demanded no less. Putting quality matches on TV should be the priority as opposed to making a GM character. I swear that Vicky Guererro is getting fatter. Her butt is almost as big as Edge's ego!

He'd be better suited to Blah, where he could fight with Triple H, Randy Ornton, Y2J, HBK, Seen-it, JBS...

But he needs to take shots at everyone, not just the faces. He'd be an excellent Tweener, a character that can get the reaction against either a face or a heel.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Did you heard McMahon's ridiculous announcement on Blah? In a pathetic effort to raise ratings, Vince is gonna give away cash. Have they really sank THAT low? It would seem so...

And remember what I said about AJ Styles turning face? Well, they taped this week's Impact, and Cage makes an attempt to save AJ's arse, but gets the snot beaten out of him. Coalition 2.0, anyone?

20. Gnarfflinger

I still say that Styles should be leading the charge against ALL the "Non-TNA" guys--Including Cage and Rhyno. Some of these outsiders will find a place in TNA, but most of them will just job to the guys that they want developed.

I think that the giving away money on Blah is just some story line. Not as insulting as the Exploding Limo, but I think this will end with more heat for Vinnie Mac...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.