1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Reminds me of why I hate WWE weddings. The only good thing is that we may actually get a good Edge/Triple H match without interferences from everyone and their pet kitten.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The idiots in TNA are pretty pleased with Vince Russo. Looks like we're stuck with this idiot...

Undertaker is said to return in time for Summerslam. Not sure on how they plan on reintroducing him, though.

Oh, yeah... HHH retains, CM Suck/Batista ended in a double DQ thanks to Kane crashing the party, Y2J won when the ref stopped the match (Michaels couldn't continue).

The rest is utter crap - like JBL winning the NYC Parking Lot Brawl, Shelton winning the US title... Anybody has Alka-Seltzer? This churns my stomach and makes me want to puke (It's a good time to be black and in WWE). Oh yeah, Edge's cronies have Tag Team gold now. Good riddance, Miz and Morrisson.

---------- Added 23 hours, 50 minutes and 38 seconds later... ----------

I guess he took too many kendo stick, chair, tables and all the classic ECW items shots to the head.l

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble.

4. Disciple of The Watch

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I really think that the WWE and other major promotions need to take a serious look at head injuries. Chris Benoit had the brain of a 75 year old man with advanced Alzheimers. I somehow doubt that we will continue to hear horror stories like that for years to come.

But the Capper, Captain Lou is looking good for 75...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Guerrero is reinsating the Deadman this Friday, peeps. Finally.

Summerslam. Edge vs Undertaker. Hell in a cell. Need I say more?

7. Gnarfflinger

How about "HELL YEAH!"

8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

It's about time, and with those two it's going to rock.

9. Disciple of The Watch

It's gonna be even better when you think this match won't feature any interference. If it has any, it might be Edge's cronies beating the crap out of Edge, or Kane beating the crap out of Edge.

The old ECW title finally has been laid to rest, and replaced by a platinum horror. The disgrace continues.

*EDIT* Pardon me, it's not a platinum horror, it's a SILVER horror. Did I mention this belt is fugly like nobody's buisness? Hell, the blinged out Wish we Were Entertaining title looks better than this piece of trash that's supposed to be a title.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

It can't touch the so-called "Divas Title". The only thing I like about Michelle McBlah being champion of a sort is that she's going to go everywhere wearing that piece of crap.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, and looking like a dumbass biatch in the process.

It still ticks me off they handed the thing to McDumb instead of Natalya. FFS, she is the freaking daughter of the ANVIL!

But, it hardly comes as a surprise - look for how long the idiotic writers have been slowly pushing McDumb. Wouldn't it be fun if Victoria and Natalya ambushed McDumb and proceed to beat the living crap out of her, injuring her in the process and forcing her to relinquish the title? I'd pay to see that.

12. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Don't forget that mccool is dating the #1 wrestler in the company(undertaker) so that may have had something to do with it.

13. Disciple of The Watch

*shrugs* I guess the man behind the character likes blonde bimbos.

14. martaug Gems: 23/31

Wait, you mean some people don't? :)

15. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, some people do. Me, I don't like blondes.

Back on topic -- Shane McMahon is set to appear on Blah. Probably to reinsate Regal as GM. Whatever.

16. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Tell me about it. I'm a Natalya fan so I may be biased, but the girl actually seems to have a clue what to do in the ring, and she actually looks somewhat like how a wrestler should (not anorexic, for example). Still, it's not surprising: Natalya has only been there for a few months and doesn't have the Taker backing her up. She has managed to get some showtime by beating a few losers, but I can understand giving her more time to establish herself. Ironically, the feud with McCool may work well for that, at least.

Actually, funny you should mention Victoria... Ever since the "bestest friends for life" angle between those two I've been dreaming of them splitting apart and starting a some serious catfight feud - their characters have mean streaks that can make a breakup look like WW III. Ideally, I'd have them duke it out in a hardcore match with Mick Foley as a ring designer and maybe even guest referee. With some luck, it may be almost as good as one of the Japanese women's classics... especially if it doesn't last less than 5 minutes, the way most WWE women matches seem to. Anyway, now that Beth Phoenix has decided to have some Italian take-out, those two seem like the most credible competitors on the women's roster.

In the meantime, McCool might as well preen around with that butterfly-themed PoC. It has about as much credibility as a wrestling title as she does as a wrestler - it's just some random bling for the divettes to prance with. In WWE terms, "Divas*" are basically eye candy anyway, so a diva title is about as valuable as a beer drinking championship belt. Still, if someone - ideally Natalya, they seem to be building up a feud between those two - could show McBlah where her place is, I wouldn't mind. I'd even send a postcard to her hospital bed.

Apart from that, yeah, we will likely get some Regal in the near future. AFAIK his suspension is nearly over, but he may take a bit longer to show up. As the previous GM, he will probably be involved in the resolution of the Cena-JBL feud, but right now it doesn't look anywhere near being resolved. A three-way battle between JBL and his goons, Cena's posse and Regal and his allies could be interesting, but I doubt WWE could do it nearly well enough. I'd personally be more interested if Shane himself got more involved in the WWE - he had some interesting matches a while ago and does seem to have a bit of charism, so he could make an interesting GM for the brand. Regal's not too bad himself, but I prefer to see him as a wrestler rather than a GM.

*: WWE does have a few women wrestlers - I'd say Beth Phoenix and Victoria are the best atm, Natalya is developing well (though I do expect a few longer matches and slightly more varied arsenal), and a few others could be called wrestlers without stretching the word too much. The majority, though, might not even bother.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  17. Disciple of The Watch

I just watched Zandig vs Ian Rotten in an Exploding Cage match. Unbelievable match. I was pissed off that Mondo made it to the finals of the ToD2, but after seeing that cage match, you'll get no arguments from me regarding Mondo winning the ToD2 - definitively worth the wait.

That's another thing that sets CZW apart - the faces actually are guys you can truly root for. For example, Zandig. He fought a heel Lobo for the ownership of the company. He has waged war against the IWA-MS on his own (except for the ToD2), and with his CZW crew, faced the entire Hi-V in the Cage of Death V (which I can describe in two words - F'N SICK!) and won. Then there was Nick Mondo. The guy took the sickest bumps in CZW history, was an unbelievably talented wrestler,

The heels in CZW? The Hi-V was the best heel stable I have ever seen in my entire life. BTW, the Hi-V dates back to the IWA-MS invasion angle, it's basically a CZW/IWA-MS alliance. And just how ironic is it that one of the member of the Hi-V was the former CZW World Heavyweight Champion The Messiah.

One of the best feuds I've seen in a LONG time, one of the SICKEST blow-off matches ever (Cage of Death V)...

CZ-F'N-W!

18. Gnarfflinger

You keep talking about CZW! I'm not quite to 60% of the download of ToD1...

Regal's suspension is over, and I think they have something else up their sleeves. Regal was quoted in an interview before his suspension that he wanted to be an active wrestler. I think they're going off the board for someone they think will do an interesting job with the flagship of the brand...

To be fair, McCool is more of a wrestler than most of the women they trot out there. I think she'd be number 4 on the actual list for wrestling ability. Some of the divas have good "characters" for the business, but they don't have what it takes to back it up. If Natalya wants to be taken seriously she has to sleep with Vince--er develop a character...

19. martaug Gems: 23/31

OK, mike adamle as the new gm of raw?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT has vince been smoking?

20. Disciple of The Watch

Vince might be stealing from your stash, Marty.

Be that as it may, I was given the impression they're trying to set this idiot up as a heel GM. Well, I hope this means we're rid of this idiot as commentator, so maybe with some luck, Joey Styles will reclaim his place, and I'll be able to watch Mike Knox's push without having to put the TV on mute so I won't have to suffer Adamle's vocal vomit.

Personally, I think Vince is just trying to justify Adamle's fat paycheck by using him as much as he can.

Looks like the good times on Blah are over. The leaderless Blah were some of the best darn episodes I saw in a long time -- which is saying something.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.