1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think they did a pretty decent job as a tag team, from what I've seen. I wasn't all that impressed by Homicide, maybe the matches I saw weren't his best, but as a team they had some good chemistry. BTW, I hear the Dudleyz may be leaving TNA... what is happening to their tag team division, anyway?

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

WTF?!? The mask in Kane's bag was not even his own - it was Mysterio's!?!?

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I have got to catch the replay of RAW tomorrow afternoon...

4. Disciple of The Watch

3 words for ya - Waste. of. Time.

Drake Younger retained the CZW World Championship (thankfully), Brain Damage retained the Iron Man Title, and Nick Gage lost to Devon Moore because of outside interference. Note this match was a no-rope barbed wire Tapei Deathmatch. Two words - F'N SICK.

BTW, a Tapei Deathmatch is a deathmatch where glue is poured onto the wrestlers' fists, and the glued fists are then dipped in broken glass. Just imagine how bad taking a fist full of broken glass in the face must hurt.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Ouch. I can imagine that with all the things they put themselves through, their bodies must be wasted in 10 years at the most.

Speaking of wasted bodies, there are some rumors (pwinsider imo counts as rumors ;) ) that Mick Foley may be moving to TNA or possibly RoH. I loved some of his matches, but imo at this point he could do a better job as announcer or manager - he's already had a fair bit of falls and should stop while he can still walk. He is still more than good enough on the mic, and I bet his skills won't be lost on the announcer table or in the locker room.

6. Disciple of The Watch

The rumors go that Foley would work select dates, like Stink does. Speaking of Stink, they appearantly plan on turning him heel. Better a heel Stink than a face Stink, IMO. Oh yeah, TNA are pushing hints about Jeff Jarrett returning. I'm not sure what to think about this one.

And for CZW... Nick Mondo debuted in CZW on March 1999, and retired on November 10 2003, because of injuries. He was inducted in the CZW Hall of Fame, and justifiably so.

Hardcore Nick Gage has slowed down too... he's been around since 1999 too, but still is running in CZW. First ever CZW World Champion, former Iron Man Champ, former Tag Team Champ (Remember the good ol' days of the H8 Club?), former Ultraviolent champ, participated in many Tournaments of Death (and won the ToD 5), Cage of Death (including the SICK CoD V!!!)... you name it, he's done it. Future CZW Hall of Famer, for sure.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  7. Disciple of The Watch

SummerSlam is done, and as it was to be expected, Hell in a Cell was BRUTAL. Very impressive effort by Edge, though. If he can stay as psycho, twisted, evil Edge, I might start having a bit of respect for the guy...

*EDIT* Finally, Kane gets a new theme song - Slow Chemical was starting to become seriously old. Not as creepy as his first theme, but not bad nontheless. Heel Kane... that was something I never believe I'd see again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I watched Summerslam earlier today, and I have to say it was fairly good as far as my expectations went.

Match I: MVP vs Jeff Hardy. Quite good, IMO. Hardy put in his standard aerial moves, MVP got some good countermoves - I particularly liked that suplex in the corner. Shelton Benjamin's coming was a surprise, and gives a way to invigorate the feud. BTW, I'm not that much of a MVP fan but his new finisher looks more credible - is it technically a Shining Black or a Yakuza Kick btw?

Match II: Santino & Beth vs Mickie J and Kofi. Nothing that incredible on the ring, but Santino and Beth have some good chemistry and S-boy is still fun on the mike. Actually, though, I'm hoping he's going to wrestle a bit better - his time in Japan and OVW suggests that yes, he can. Stil, for now he does a good job as Beth's valet/hanger-on/boy toy, so he will probably be kept in that role. A pity - if he were (allowed to be?) as good in the ring as he is on the mike, he could be a second Rock.

HBK vs Jericho: now THAT was good stuff. First, it is a great continuation of the feud so far, but it has some great moments of its own. Jericho should get an award for that performance - not only does he stick it to Michaels, but he does it in a great way too. FINALLY we get a wrestler who doesn't shout, or repeat, or overemphasize each word to absurdity, but puts every word in its place. Jericho's simple "No." was one of the best lines of the evening. But hey, it gets even better. Michaels dodging the punch which then hit his wife was priceless, priceless. It both put heat on Jericho and ironically showed that he was right - in a way, Michaels' own selfishness led to her injury. Not that anyone in the crowd will care.

Match III: Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy. Meh, make it match 2 1/2. Bringing the Hardyz together got some ok pops, but that doesn't count as a match so far. Why does WWE insist on making their behemoths fall from one half-assed finisher from a guy half their bulk?

Match IV: JBL vs CM Punk: not a classic match, but not a total waste of time either. JBL was sligtly less meh-some this match, and seemed to actually care about what he was doing. CM Punk put his typical faster-paced game, and eventually won despite getting a fair bit of hurt on himself. Apparently WWE wants to push its Straight Edge champ for all he's worth after so many steroids and other scandals, but I still can't take Punk seriously. At least the third attempted GTS was not preceded by a knee jump + bulldog. The match had some nice moments, but nothing that would be put in the textbooks. When did CM Punk get that blood on him, anyway?

Match V: Triple H vs the Great Khali: oh, by Kopyrka's everflowing fins, does WWE creative put 10-year olds from special schools in charge of Khali's storylines? I swear, it seems we are more likely to see Sting french-kiss McMahon than an original match with Khali in it. Now, the guy isn't exactly Bret Hart or Dean Malenko, but for his size he could be worse. Yet all his matches not only end the same, they almost feel the same - compare the beating and subsequent win Triple H had with that of John Cena a while back. Will Khali, who is supposedly this inhuman giant, actually beat someone of importance? Yeah, as if. And, once again, after an entire match going his way he gets KO'd by a single half-assed finisher. Seriously, who thinks of that stuff, a 10-year old?

The match itself was not bad, and I particularly liked Singh's reactions, so it is actually a bit unfair to compare it to the sorry affair Khali-Cena was. Still...Seriously, I wish WWE would stop using Khali as, well, a XXL-sized jobber. Big Show does it much better anyway.

Match VI: John Cena vs Batista. Fancy that, a face/face match. Not a bad one, imo - decent length and fairly good job from both guys, even though I'm not much of a fan of either. Hey, doesn't it look like Cena's been made to be almost believable now that he doesn't power out every freaking time from a hold of a bigger wrestler - or is it simply because he's wrestling Batista? It's practically refreshing to see this guy lose, even though he still comes off as superhuman and a half while doing it. The powerbomb Batista did from a catch near the end was a surprisingly good move for him.

As an aside, I better work on being real good this year, cause I have a special Christmas wish. I want someone - preferably the Undertaker - to grab Cena by the throat while he's doing that ridiculous "you can't see me" pre-Shuffle taunt and chokeslam his sorry bum straight through the canvas. It was an insult thing when the Rock started doing it, and it's not even funny now he all but uses it as a finisher. He's just asking for trouble the way he does it, and I hope he gets what he seeks.

Match VII: Edge vs Undertaker, Hell in a Cell. Seriously, with such a title, does anything more need to be said? For all the corny moments in their feud these two have done some of the best matches this year, and the buildup from the last two weeks was imo nothing short of spectacular.

The match not only didn't disappoint, but it was a hair's breath away from an instant classic. The Undertaker and Edge both took some heavy damage, and the part where the cage itself got busted was priceless. The only thing that could have made it better would be to have even more moves with all the chairs and stairs lying around: I was rooting for Edge, but to have the Undertaker nail that piledriver on the stairs would have been freaking great. Oh, and I thought the finale was a bit weak (imagine if the guy actually could kick out of the piledriver and make the Taker give him another one) but then we got the real one. Yep, you sure don't see a chokeslam from atop a ladder and straight through the canvas every day, and there is not much you can do to make an ending like that any better.

Oh, yes, the flames. My bad, some Undertaker mojo can ALWAYS make it better. I stand corrected.

Pretty much the only thing I was sorry about at the end of the match was that it couldn't last longer, and that it could have had even more crazy shots. Mind you it was the longest match in the show by far (over twice longer thanany other) and during this half an hour, those two guys just took the Mrs. Foley homekeeping award, broke a freaking Hell in a Cell TWICE (counting the canvas) and put themselves in more hurt than everyone else in the PPV combined. The Undertaker came out of this match better than ever (if that's possible) and I can bet whatever you want that when Edge comes out, it's going to be a memorable moment for all... Especially a certain Victoria. Heck, if it were any better it'd be the match of the decade.

Yeah, I was pretty psyched up about the HiaC after all that buildup, so I was expecting something completely out of this world. Well, let's just say I have been more disappointed in my life. Quite frankly, these guys are head and shoulders above the rest right now - not only have they put several great matches together in less than half a year, but somehow even a HiaC match that ended like that appears inconclusive for their rivalry.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  9. Disciple of The Watch

I bet Henry's DQ victory means a Hardy Boyz reunion and a possible tag team title run.

The Great Plan B is a short-term commodity which Wish we Were Entertaining likes to ram down our throats. With his knee problems, the Plan B won't be around much longer.

CM Suck has been You can't see me-ized. Expect the same old crap out of him week after week after week after week after week. I wish JBL would actually win the World Title if only to put a screeching halt to You can't see me 2.

Kane/Mysterio? Could be an interesting angle -- I'm always up to see Mysterio getting his ass beaten up to a bloody pulp, especially by a heel Kane. You'd think Mysterio is made of glass the way he's always injured.

10. Gnarfflinger

The reason some wrestlers rise to the heights they do is because the writers know what to do with them. The ones that become legends is where the writers actually got it right. I just don't see that in the crop of guys that WWE trots out these days...

11. Disciple of The Watch

Crapdown was REALLY a borefest this week - apart from Dykstra getting Pedigreed and Taker waging war on the entire family, that is.

*EDIT* YES!!! Nick Gage & Nate Hatred have reformed the H8 Club! Oh man, I pity the rest of the guys in CZW's tag team division...

12. Gnarfflinger

ARG! I'm stuck at about 73.8% of ToD1 and the seed is not reliable. High speed can't come fast enough!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Oh man, pleasent times coming to CZW - B-Boy returns, and with his team, he's gonna spank the BLKOUT, the H8 Club is back in buisness to absolutely KILL Notorious Inc...

14. Gnarfflinger

How's this for Addition by Subtraction?

This sounds pretty serious. Pair that with Randy Ornton's recent motorcycle accident, and things could get interesting on Raw...

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well, best of luck to him. As far as I'm concerned, this is a chance for some of the lower-ranked wrestlers to leave their mark, especially if Batista busies himself with Kane.

BTW, what was that about WWE signing Colt Cabana under another name? He's supposed to be quite good, especially as a comedian.

16. Disciple of The Watch

YESSS, You can't see me is out indefinitely!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Good riddance, A-hole.

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

More like a year, from what I hear. Of course, he might risk it sooner, but it would be a risk - and unlike in the movies risks don't always pay off.

In unrelated news, I heard that the Kane/Batista match from Monday had some of the worst "selling" of an injury of all time. I may need to watch it to remind myself how bad Batista is. Why do they waste Kane against imbeciles?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  18. Disciple of The Watch

That's what they did for 10+ years - old habits die hard.

As for You can't see me... unfortunately, he underwent succesful surgery, and could return in 2-4 months. Expect this A-hole to crash another classic Royal Rumble.

19. Gnarfflinger

What do they have for actual talent?

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Good point, and you just ninja'd me . Well, ye olde dragonkilling act - establish a monster (heel) to eventually have it fall to the hero of the day - is one of the oldest plots in town, and can work well enough. The problem is that you need a decent face and a decent heel for it to work, and somehow I don't think WWE has many good faces at the moment. Raw's roster is meh at the very least: Punk could work if he would really go wild, but that's not too likely. HBK is involved in a decent feud, for one, but the rest are a sorry bunch. Ironically, Cena might have been one of the best - and that says a lot about the current level.

Ok, technically Cryme Tyme being faces is even worse - for crying out loud, these guys are thugs. So much for children-suitable program when the guys you're supposed to look up to dress, talk and act like street toughs. But then again, we are talking WWE tag teams here.

Bleh. Weren't we lamenting the lack of good heels in wrestling lately? There seems to be a fair bit of good heels now, but I don't know if I can find one bona fide face (HBK, Taker or Triple H are hard to classify as faces imo).

Edit: It looks like Mr. Kennedy may be out a bit longer that expected, too. Geez, this guy seems to attract injurires like no one else.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.