1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Meh, it's nontheless one of the most palatable feuds on Blah. With the WHC now in the picture, if they give the Has Been Kid a title shot, I swear I'm going on a riot.

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, you may as well start stockpiling those Molotovs - do you think they will retire Michaels without one more championship belt, especially now his rival Jericho so conveniently holds it?

3. Disciple of The Watch

My guess is that we'll have peace of mind from the Has Been Kid for at a few weeks, hopefully for as long as Jericho needs to get rid of CM Suck once and for all.

Leave the WHC out of this feud. Let Jericho beat the living hell out of the Has Been Kid and F'N LEAVE IT TO THAT. CM Suck and the Cinderella tale was an insult to the WHC - an over the hill Has Been would be another blatantly stupid move. Jericho is one of the best heels I've seen in a long time, and it's more than F'N TIME that we had a HEEL World Champion - HHH was supposed to turn heel... Hello...? I'm still waiting.

Buuuut, then again, we're dealing with monkeys on crack (that would be Wish we Were Entertaining's "creative" department), so hey, what else to expect than a boatload of bat guano.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

But look at the alternatives to HBK or CM Punk. Ornton and Cena are out (not that they are great options anyway), and Batista is over-rated. JBL is a joke (I wish Bradshaw would beat the hell out of him. Maybe worth getting a console and a game that can accommodate that), and Kane won't get a push...

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

True, the RAW roster is not exactly rich in prime-event material unless you want to take a risk and elevate an uncertain character like Kofi Kingston or Paul Burchill, or have Regal or Khali contest the title. The first two are imo quite promising, but they could use some time practicing in the lower-level ranks - such as for the intercontinental title or just high-profile feuds - before making a move for the WHC. Regal has been relegated to middle-level feuds, and Khali...:rolleyes: I have yet to see Khali win an important match.

As for Kane... he could work for Punk, in ye olde small face/big heel feud. For Jericho, I doubt it would work - the WWE probably won't run a heel/heel feud, and I don't see either turning soon. Batista could possibly work, I suppose, but so far Michaels/Jericho has been a winning formula, so it could work for a bit longer.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Burchill is said to be going under the chopping block, so expect him to be released. As for Regal, back in the days, he was a pretty decent wrestler, but as of today, he's just another has-been.

The Great Plan B? Sorry, NOBODY takes this guy seriously anymore. I remember the era when he almost broke Dreamer's back on steel steps - remember the time when WWECW was palatable?

Kane? Let him crush Mysterio. Then, have him feud with a face Taker. Let them collide at WM25. Let Taker retire on the biggest stage of them all. Or, turn Taker heel, and give the BoD a Tag team title run.

CM Suck? I fear we haven't seen the last of this idiot. Remember, he was recently You-can't-see-me-ized, same old crappy gimmick, the five moves of doom, and the same old crappy finisher. I wouldn't be surprised if this idiot gets a long, boring and painful title run.

On a different note, when the hell is Gregory Helms coming back? This guy can put up a pretty damn good match, Cruiserweight title or not.

7. Gnarfflinger

I'm intrigued with what they're doing with Randy Ornton. He could be the biggest anti-face since Austin. He's not talking about being a Legend Killer. He's called out the Raw roster and complained about how thin it is on top...

8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

What is it with heels being so freaking right recently ;) ? Orton's bravado is quite likeable, btw - I just hope he doesn't turn into chickens..t heel #132 when back in the ring.

Oh, and to nobody's great surprise, Michaels gets a rematch. Well, given how I don't care that much about Raw and it's not JBL, I could care less. Frankly, I think Jericho and Michaels can probably still put a better match than Jericho and Batista. Still, I hope Jericho doesn't drop the belt... at least not on the first go.

Edit: There were some ok matches in the last RAW, but Paul Burchil losing to Jamie Noble, and like that? Good freaking grief. But yeah, I've heard that he might be released soon, and for the life of me I don't see why. He seems quite good in the ring, and manages to imo come off as genuinely powerful, aggressive and dangerous. Of course, this needn't mean much - say, Brian Danielson doesn't look all that impressive, and from what I've seen he's one of the best in the business - but he certainly looks credible as a WWE "superstar".

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  9. Disciple of The Watch

Danielson is RoH's own You-can't-see-me. He had a World Title run of over a year - the most painful, overrated, laughable joke of a Champ.

What pisses me off about this moron is that RoH no longer has the Pure Title because of this idiot. What pisses me to the brinks of anger is the fact that DANIELSON NEVER PINNED MCGUINNESS to "win" the Pure Title.

[censored] you, Danielson. Pure Title matches were some of the best stuff in RoH. Buuut, McGuinness is the RoH World Champion now, so it's all good.

The Has Been Kid getting a title shot... what the [censored] is wrong with the [censored]-head monkeys in the creative department?!? Have at least vapors of common sense and use the Has Been Kid as a stepping stone to push Jericho.

On a different note, I am [censored] tired of the big dumb tattooed giant Batista. Same old [censored], week after week.

10. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Disciple, i just don't understand your hatred for cena & punk. HHH uses the same moves in EVERY match & you cheer him, so whats the difference ?

As far as jericho goes, ugh. He has never been more than a pushed-up mid-carder IMHO. I would rather see shelton benjamin as champ than jericho.

There are rumors that kennedy is on the chopping block too. They removed him from the smackdown intro a couple of weeks ago.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Marty, the difference between You-can't-see-me, CM Suck and HHH is that HHH's comedy promos are mildly interesting, unlike You-can't-see-me and Suck's. I'm still waiting for a HHH heel turn, though. That would spice things up a bit.

You-can't-see-me is overrated, overmarketed and has been force-rammed down our throats for far too long. I felt like eating a lemon when I heard he was out again so I'd stop grinning like an idiot.

And as far as Suck goes, he's undergone the You-can't-see-me treatment - same old crappy promos, same five moves of doom, same POS finisher... you'd think they lobotomized the guy prior to bringing him to Blah. And don't get me started on You can't see me's stupid taunts.

As for Jericho, at least he's a credible heel. And as for the self-proclaimed Gold Standard, as long as he never touches a World Title, then fine with me.

12. Gnarfflinger

Agreed. I'd hate to see him revert to that sniveling whiner that made Seen-it almost a welcome relief...

I'd love to see the Y2J-HBK Ladder match. Sure they're old, but they know something that WWE is not teaching the guys they ram down our throats--like how to WRESTLE! I don't see Jericho dropping the belt. I actually see Y2J-RKO as the feud of 2009...

I think it has to do with the fact that the writing staff has no idea what to do for him. There are too many in that boat.

So he will be WWE champ sometime next year... Just [expletive] Great!

Not enough talent, too many places where it is needed. Both with the staff and the roster...

The fact that because HHH is maried to Vince's baby girl, he doesn't have to submit to the braindead fools that write that crap for Seen-it and Punk. It means he can actually entertain, and he is allowed to wrestle!

They do that to everyone...

What they need to so to save the WWE is to merge into one roster and spread the matches over all theior shows. Have one heavyweight champ, one IC champ, one women's champ, one pair of tag team champs, one Cruiserweight champ, maybe a hardcore champ...

Anyway, the idea is to increase the competition and weed out John Cena--er the guys that don't belong there. This will lead to better matches and less time wasted on talking in the ring...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Wish We Were Entertaining appearantly has plans to make the Undertaker work Tag matches until his knees are 100% again. With Kane a heel - and on Blah - who the hell can even remotly be a good partner for the Deadman? The only worthy candidate I see is HHH, and those two don't get along.

Oh, yeah, Gregory Helms is set to return pretty soon - there's supposed to be a vignette airing on tonight's Crapdown.

I got sick of Torrents, so I ordered the Cage of Death V DVD. I'm all giddy just thinking about it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  14. Gnarfflinger

Well, I'm up to 91% on ToD 1...

Helms was shown in a couple matches ripping on the participants...

Jesse and Festus have a new schtick--Wrapping people up in Duct tape and bubble wrap and dragging them back stage. At least it's better than watching Jesse run his mouth...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Well then, prepare to get introduced to The Messiah, the Necrobutcher, the Wifebeater, Sick Nick Mondo, Homeless Jimmy and, of course, Hardcore Nick Gage.

The final is a SICK 200 lightubes match, there is a Panes of glass match, a barbed wire board match... except for the non-tournament matches (which you'll recognize because they will lack weapons), prepare for a festival of ultraviolence. Take a peek in my Oddball album for a glimpse of what you're in for.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  16. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I watched part of the last smackdown, and it appeared ok. For the life of me I don't know why there wasn't a better heel that "The F.ck?" Brian Kendrick to work with Jeff Hardy, but whatever.

R-Truth (wasn't this guy from the TNA) vs Shelton Benjamin - mediocre outside of the ring, ok in it. I suppose they want to push R-T a bit, and I guess the roster may need some new blood.

Jesse/Festus/ Brian Kidrock? - a pity, that guy looked tough and had some good-looking moves. Hope he doesn't end up fired when the next housecleaning nenxt month.

HHH/MVP: I am seriously getting to think MVP is primed for title material, and though I like his work at times imo the IC title may be better for him. Still, that many big matches without any plans - I doubt it. The match looked good, and I was interested in the outcome. Apparently the WWE is building Koslov to be an above-average heel, by the way.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Koslov. First he looked unafraid - heck, eager - to take on the Big show a few months back, and now he uses the old routine such as go-to-another-wrestler and beat the crap out of them. If he doesn't get the usual monster heel treatment - beating up people before he gets defeated by everyone and their cats - and keeps his position, he can go places.

For now, I hope he puts Khali out of his misery, and takes notes. Khali has been criminally underused, and had by now jobbed to everyone with a modicum of goodwill in the WWE.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  17. Disciple of The Watch

YES! No more Ariel or Guerrero! Maybe now LAX can get back to being badass heels.

As for MVP... I could care less if he wins the US/IC/Extremely Crappy Wrestling (let's face it, they'll keep wasting him for some time, downgrade him to the C brand and push him to the top of the C brand), but this guy should, as far as I'm conerned, NEVER, EVER touch a World Championship. And while we're on topic of this idiot, I loved how HHH mocked his "Balling" taunt and then added a DX crotch chop for good measure.

As for "Ryan Braddock", as far as I'm concerned, this is another guy with potential who is going straight to waste. Last year, Fight broadcasted episodes of Deep South Wrestling - former Wish We Were Entertaning developemental territory - and as Bradley Jay, he was the one who took the DSW Championship from... err, was it Neikerk or O'Reilly? I think it was O'Reilly... anyway, the guy was a physical specimen and he had no problem beating the living hell out of anyone, their dogs and their grandmothers. This guy could easily be a contender for a lower-grade championship.

As for Kozlov, don't get your hopes up too high. I suspect he will get the same treatement the Great Plan B got - undefeated for a while, then the Hero of the Day slew the big baddie, and the big baddie then starts losing to everyone and their pet Amoebia. As for his near future, my bet is that Kozlov and the Great Plan B will have a rather physical fight, but Kozlov will come out on top. They're slowly giving him "tougher" opponents, preparing his fall to the Hero of the Day.

As for the Truth Killings, say what you want, but the guy is talented. Talented enough that he has been a World Champion twice. If creative uses him properly and lets him showcase his skills, he might keep things interesting until The Future returns. (That would be Kennedy, unless Wish We Were Entertaining is dumb enough to release the guy).

Back to the Great Plan B - the best thing for this guy would be a return to Japan. Funny, I get vague glimpses of the era where he actually was decent - remember when he nearly broke Dreamer's back by Chokebombing him on steel steps?

18. Gnarfflinger

I hope to have it finished within the week. I might start it downloading again before leaving for Church in the morning.

I've had that torrent on the go since March! Mind you early next month we hope to have High speed, so I won't be long (I hope) getting ToD 2 and WSX Season 1...

19. Disciple of The Watch

In less than two weeks, I will have the ORIGINAL DVD of the Cage of Death V. Costed me an arm and a leg, but worth every single penny.

20. Gnarfflinger

Kendrick they are building, but he's at best an IC or Cruiserweight division heel.

With rumours that Taker is going to retire, I wonder if Kozlov wouldn't be the next generation of "dragon slayer"? Once upon a time, Andre the Giant was that equalizer that could stop the scary monsters that the promoter didn't want anywhere near the title. When Andre got old, Hogan held his own, but eventually, they needed aniother full time Dragonslayer--enter the Undertaker. Look at his list of victims? How many scary guys that had no business at the top of the heap but the champion couldn't believably take did the Dead man keep down? Giant Gonzales anyone? Sure there have been champs that may not have needed his services, but for the most part, they needed them, because when John Cena beat Plan B, it was blatantly obvious and totally unbelievable. But when Taker retires, who better than a 6'7", 300lb Russian monster with an MMA background?

But with Team 3D Still collecting paychecks, Beer Money Inc. on the rise, a lack of credible top calibre face teams, and Vince Russo doing the writing, don't bet on it.

MVP: I'm not sure what they can do with him. They are running out of guys for him to build with. Unless Kennedy comes back of course. That has the potential to be the feud that launches both of them to the top.

R-Truth: Looked good in the ring, but please, Mr. McMahon, DO NOT GIVE THAT MAN A LIVE MICROPHONE! I'd rather watch John Cena wrestle than listen to this guy doing his routine on the way to the ring! I dread the day they actually ask him to cut a promo...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.