1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The WWE is suffering injury problems.

HHH is not back yet, and now Mr. Kennedy and the Undertaker are both out of action. I was also wondering about Batista's knee or hamstring during the cage match on Smackdown tonight (whether he is working hurt or if that is simply part of the show).

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

AFAIK, Batista's injury is legit. That's exactly what Edge exploited to retain the gold at Judgment Day. He's facing Edge again this weekend at One Night Stand, and TBH, I've never seen Batista this driven, motived and gold-hungry. Edge's gonna have a run for his money, that's for sure. Expect the devious bastard to exploit the leg injury, though.

The Deadman is supposed to return in early 2008 (an awfully long time if you ask me), Booker in the late summer, and I'm not sure about Kennedy. HHH is scheduled to return in July, but now that Michael's out... what will happen of DX? RVD's also out.

Also, one point I have to bring up: Randy F****** B**** Orton. So you've taken out Shawn Michaels. You've possibly taken out RVD too. And Dreamer was saved by RVD's surprise appearance. So you call yourself the "Legend Killer". Wow. You can take ANYONE out by continually targeting the head. How original, Orton. I look forward to the day YOU'LL be the one on the receiving end of a concussion.

Anyway, X-Pac is said to be in discussion with TNA about a return, and so is Sabu. There are also rumors of RVD going to TNA, but they are ultimately just rumors. There also were rumors about Big Show being James Mitchell's new monster, and IIRC, Test was also a possible candidate.

I'm looking forward to Slammiversary for the crowning of a new Champion - Christian Cage partisan here. That new TNA World Heavyweight Champion belt looks AWESOME too.

Sabin will defend his title *one more time* againse the laughable "Black Machismo". What a surprise. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also, watching old TNA PPV, I see what you mean by TNA's current Tag Team Division being pretty thin, Gnarf. I saw old AMW, VKM (as the James Gang), LAX, The Naturals, Styles & Daniels, and also Team Canada. It's a pity AMW is no more - they worked together like a well-oiled machine. Still, the rivalry between Storm and Wildcat is well-crafted, and the Texas Death Match at Sacrifice was just plain INSANE. They had to change the ring mat because Storm & Wildcat bled too much. VKM are great, but the rivality with that s*** Christy Hemme? Come on. Give it up.

3. Gnarfflinger

I keep hearing rumours that Ornton could be on his way out of WWE. He's pissed off some people, HHH has lost faith in him, he's had legal problems, and his professionalism has been questioned.

I've heard that Big Show could be permanently done. He may have the same disorder that Andre the Giant had, which ultimately shortened his life.

I think that the X-division needs some new blood or at least more depth. The Talent pool is great, but they need more guys in the mix to keep it fresh. But Petey Williams, Seritonen, Styles and Daniels back in the mix for starters, and if they can get RVD, that would be a feather in the cap for sure...

Hemme did bring in a new tag team, and that may inject some new blood into the tag team division. Reuniting the Steiner Brothers may also add some action as well.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Monday night was the draft, and it wasn't a bad episode, I must say.

Raw picked up Booker, Lashley (which was stripped of the ECW World Championship), Snitsky, and finally, Mr. Kennedy. Personally, I would have swapped Booker for Kane, otherwise, these are some good picks. I'm also immensely excited of seeing Kennedy bringing his antics to Raw - maybe it'll actually be better now.

SmackDown picked up Flair, Masters, Khali, and - get THIS - Torrie. I can't believe SmackDown wasted a pick on a blonde, fake-titted biatch who can't even wrestle.

ECW had some interesting picks - Boogeyman, and get this, they scored Chris Benoit!

Also, finally the WWE puts up a somewhat credible storyline - McMahon's "death". Come on. We all know Stephanie's picking up where McMahon left off.

TNA-wise, Slammiversary is this Sunday, and some interesting matches are afoot, BUT there are some eyerollers as well:

- Sabin VS Machismo for the X-Division Title: Come on, stop serving us reheats, TNA. Machismo is RIDICULOUS and doesen't deserve the title. Sabin is an enduring champion, and an extremely talented one.

- VKM VS Basham & Damaja: First off, let me say I am f****** sick of Christy Hemme. I support Kip James in his war her. During Sacrifice, they showed an interview with Hemme, and she said she wouldn't lay down to get ahead, to "not compromise the woman and the person that she is". Am I the only one who sees an irony here? Hemme, sweetie, if I remember correctly, you are a former Playmate.

- Butterbean & Krispy Kreme VS The Steiners: I think we can forget this one, thanks to Steiner's injury. I doubt Rick's crazy enough to take BB & KK in an Handicap match, but who in the nine hells can they find to replace Scott?

- Rhino & Chris Harris w/Hector Guerrero VS LAX: Oh please. The Guerrero/LAX angle I can understand, but what in the nine hells are Rhino & Wildcat doing in that match? TNA, your lack of face tag teams to oppose LAX is starting to show.

- Frank Wycheck & Jerry Lynn VS Storm & Killings: First, who in the nine hells is Wycheck? And what does Killing has to do with the match? Last I recall, Killings was a face - at least after the 3Live Kru episode.

- Young VS Roode: It was to be expected, I guess. I'm tired of this angle, and I don't like Roode, and his flotation floozie gets on my nerves too.

- Backlund VS Shelley: Oh please.

- KOTM: Joe, Styles, Angle, Cage. There's still one spot to fill. If Styles can pull this one off, I think it'll be his fourth Triple Crown reign. I'd love to see the gold back to Cage, though. Angle and Joe? Whatever.

- Sting VS Daniels: I like Daniels' newfound viciousness, but what's with Sting?

I'd like to see Raven more often too.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, GTV finally picked up the torch of someone broadcasting WWE in Bulgaria, so I can get a taste of my favourite soap opera now and then when I go home for the weekend. They even broadcast judgement day with their basic cable service, which was sweet. I must have missed a lot, who's that MVP guy? Looks way too much like a poser, it was a shame to see him get Benoit 2:0 like that. So Flair stays with the bunch, does he? Man, I can't help but respect the guy. He must be sixty or over, for crying out loud I think he was pro before some of the guys there were even born. I wonder if he's taking something.

"I recommend reading Shawn Michael's autobiography...I forget what its called...something Heartbreak..."

Just out of pure curiosity (I'm skeptical about books written by ex-wrestlers, by and large), what did he have to say about the Montreal Incident?

6. Gnarfflinger

I thought the exploding Limo was a bit hard to swallow. I hear they took some flak over that storyline. When the only place you're hearing about Vince's death is WWE programming, it's so blatantly fake that only a McMahon could expect anyone to buy it...

I see Flair taking the role of the veteran in the Smackdown locker room. At least while Taker is out.

Benoit is likely the man to carry the ECW brand now that Vince has run off RVD and Sabu.

Lashley and Umaga will feud until we're sick of both of them. Then Lashley shaved Vince's head at WM 23...

Khali, I'm not sure what is going to happen for him. He's a big man that they want in the company, but they can't find the right opponents for him...

Now for TNA:

Sabin vs Jay Lethal: First, someone please put Kevin Nash to sleep. Second, they need some depth in the X division. Perscription: RVD and Sabu?

VKM vs Basham and Damaja: Too guys that had their run but held on for another 7 years against two guys that TNA signed but doesn't know what to do with and an answer to why Christy Hemme is no longer in WWE...

The Duddley Boyz vs the Steiner Brothers: A main event that would have kicked ass 10 years ago...

LAX vs Rhyno & Christopher Harris: Breaking up AMW was a mistake. Rhyno vs Abyss or Tomko would be a good match for him...

Wycheck & Jerry Lynn vs James Storm and Ron Killings: Breaking up AMW was a mistake. Is there an echo in here? Wychesk is a football player. If he's serious about wrestling, then he should be training for that. If not, then what percentage of the roster should be feeling insulted by his inclusion on the card? And Ron Killings seems to have fallen off the radar, so is doing anything he can to stay relevent...

Young vs Roode: Eric young goes free, Robert Roode goes into a deep depression realizing that he's gone from being a hot commodity to a lame excuse to put another pair of silicone funbags on Impact...

Backlund vs Shelley: Did they let Backlund out of the old folks home for this one?

KotM: Mystery fifth will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take it...

Sting vs Daniels: Sting will put Daniels over and the fallen angel continue to act like he never came down from that LSD that got slipped in his water bottle...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Slammiversary SUCKED.

First, the ridiculously laughable "Black Machismo" has somehow won the title from Sabin. That @#_+^*( clown (Machismo, of course) hurts the X-Division's credibility, if you ask me.

LAX lost. Once again, the _@#(*%^ faces win.

The freaking football player won. Whatever.

Backlund beat Shelley, thanks to interference from that )!&#$^%@#() X-Division Champion clown.

VKM won... but Hoyt turned on VKM after the match, and KISSED Hemme the [censored]. What the hell's wrong with you, Hoyt?!? You screwed up being mentored by seasoned veterans for a [censored]?!? You're outta your mind.

Team 3D won. Scott's replacement was none other than Animal of the LOD!

Sting won. Booooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Abyss won over Tomko. This was the only good match in the whole freaking PPV. Tomko ended up getting slammed in broken glass.

Angle won the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. The mystery man was Chris Harris. Hey, it could have been worst - Samoa Joe or Rhino could have ended up as champion.

Seriously, TNA, give your creative department a couple of slaps on the face - your storylines are starting to suck, and you're going downhill in my respect.

8. Gnarfflinger

Let's see, they dusted off the Steiners, Kevin Trash, Animal, Bob Backlund, Hector Guerrero and the New Age Outlaws. Then they stick Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Robert Roode, Eric Young, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels with carreer hampering gimmicks. To top it off, hurt the credibility of their tag team division by breaking up AMW and Team Canada, jobbing out LAX, freaking out Matt Bently and Kazarian, burying the Naturals.

So just how many of WCW's post Bischoff writing staff did they hire?

9. Disciple of The Watch

Breaking AMW was probably the biggest mistake TNA ever did. Yeah, Storm and Harris put on great matches as rivals... but AMW was TNA's flagship tag team.

And now what's left? Sabin and Shelley, okay, they work good together, but can they possibly forge a legacy as mighty as AMW did? Not sure.

Jobbing out LAX is also something I have trouble digesting. Things have been going downhill for LAX ever since Lockdown, and I suspect that if Konnan returns to AAA, we can kiss LAX goodbye.

The Naturals... I remember their tag team match with AMW against I can't quite remember who. I remember them winning the gold from AMW. Those guys had a hell of a lot of potential -- they still do -- but TNA wasted them.

I don't mind dusting off old legends, but I do mind when they job to faces (*cough*Steiner-Animal*cough*).

And a football player winning over James Storm? Come on... that's probably just as ridiculous as the idiot who won the Intercontinental title from Umaga on WWE.

VKM could have made a serious run for Tag Team gold, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they get into an unbelievably riduculous feud with a dumbass brainless [censored].

Jay Lethal and Dutt get on my nerves, seriously -- get back to ROH, you idiots.

Don't know how many WCW writers they hired, but I know of one they should fire RIGHT NOW: VINCE RUSSO.

10. Gnarfflinger

What they need is Heyman and Bischoff...

Heyman, the mad Scientist would help them to know what to do with the talent they have.

Bischoff would have the balls to challenge Vince for dominance...

11. Disciple of The Watch

I need to vent.

First, I am SO F****** tired of hearing about McMahon. Raw, ECW, SmackDown - it doesen't matter, they show the same footage for the, err, forgot how much times it was, and never mind the "special" 3h Raw episode this Monday - a "Memorial service" for McMahon. WHO GIVES A F***! Give it up, FFS! I'm tired of getting the same damn crap rehearsed every freking week! WWE was always BAD, but this storyline is RECORD SHATTERING SUCKY.

Now, TNA. Raven's return. I'm a huge Raven fan, so I was thrilled to see him back in the ring. Jobbing him pisses me off. His first match was a few weeks ago, a first blood VS Daniels. Daniels won. First thing that pissed me off - jobbing Raven to Daniels. Thursday's iMPACT, Raven goes one on one with Harris. He jobs and loses to Harris. That pissed me off even more.

Raven is an hardcore legend. He has held the Hardcore Championship *27* times. *No one* comes close to that record. Even worst, Mick Foley was the one to receive the original title belt when it was discontinued. FFS! Raven held it *27* TIMES and you give it to MICK FOLEY?!? Bunch of morons!

TNA's moronic and mentally deficient creative department jobs one of the greatest hardcore legends to two idiots who aren't even a tenth of what Raven is. This pisses me off! TNA, pull your head out of your a** and restore Raven to his glory. He DESERVES a championship run - much more than the ridiculous Samoe Joe and the fat-headed Kurt Angle and the two 3D fat pigs! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Gnarfflinger

The Fans are rejecting the exploding limo story line. The First ECW show after the explosion was in Philly, and the ECW crowd had no trouble voicing their displeasure at the story line. They booed each time the bell tolled. I agree with them. It was an insult to those that have gone before.

As for Raven, it seemed that only Paul Heyman knew what to do with him. While I do see the need to push Daniels to see what he can do, and to have Kaz screw Raven to build a feud while pushing Harris, I still think that Raven is misused. Either make a hardcore division for him or put him on the writing staff for crying out loud...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Oh yeah, the ECW fans were vocal, and I would have done just the same thing.

Vengeance was the worst f****** PPV of the year. Not only do we have to deal with an annoying d***head rapper for a Champ (yes, he retained, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE, EH? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , we now have to deal with a Playboy b**** for Woman's Champion, and two rednecks as World Tag Team Champions. Oh, and nevermind the giant-headed Chavo Guerrero, and the ridiculous Deuce & Domino. Oh, and how could I forgot *Johnny Nitro* as ECW World Champion? Yet another insult to the legacy of ECW.

Vengeance was the final nail in the coffin of WWE. Count me as a diehard anti-WWE TNA fan from the moment you read that.

Anyway, back to Raven, I doubt TNA has plans for a Hardcore division. Creative department is an intriguing idea... I have no doubts he's be an asset there. Raven deserves a championshiop run, not jobbing to idiots.

14. Gnarfflinger

One ECW group on Facebook suggested that Heyman is crying in a bar right now over that screw job.

15. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Now with the REAL death of Chris Benoit, it makes McMahon look even more stupid for exploting death angle.

16. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

they atlanta journal is reporting that the police are investigating the death of the benoits as a POSSIBLE murder-suicide.
    and that firearms were not the cause of death
    so until we know more, i guess we just mourn

17. Gnarfflinger

It was ruled that Benoit murdered his wife and son then took his own life. He died sometime on Sunday, so it is debatable who knew what and when. One commentator on a Sports radio program I caught today suggested that WWE knew the whole timeline before airing the tribute show. Bret Hart later criticized WWE for that tribute.

Regardless of what took place, Benoit was loved by millions of fans and likely most if not all of the talent. I think that a show like they did (I now regret my refusal to watch Raw Monday night, decided long before learning about Benoit) was a way to say goodbye and get on with their carreers.

Ironically, WWE is taking more heat for the exploding limo story line than for the Steroids found in the Benoit home. The Shareholders have been selling off their stock rapidly, and the price per share is at a low not seen in years. It is said that the worst thing for the company is the loss of Vince McMahon...

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The newspaper here reported that the last thing they knew is that his wife and kid were strangled (probably by him) and he hanged himself. What confused me even more is that supposedly there was a Bible near every corpse. WTH?

It is a really sad story, and doubly tragic that one of the most talented imo wrestlers goes in such a manner...

Edit: I sometimes look at the DU.com for interesting videoclips, and I chanced upon a rather interesting one indeed. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x37062 - Joe Laurinitis (Animal from LoD) talks about Benoit and other things in the industry.

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Prophet%20451 is a journal by someone who appears to have worked in the business for a while, although I do not think I know who he is.

[ June 29, 2007, 12:54: Message edited by: The Shaman ]

19. Disciple of The Watch

WWE.com reports a possibility that Benoit had too much pressure on his shoulders - it is said his son suffered from fragile X syndrome, or something like that, and maybe the pressure got too much and he decided to end it once and for all.

However, nothing will take away the second to none legacy he left behind as a wrestler. Nothing can take that away from him. IIRC, a memorial service is planned for this week in Canada, while a service for his wife and son are planned some time later. (Anyone having more info on the issue feel free to follow-up my post.)

Yesterday on ESPN Classic was a TNA marathon. I've had over twelve hours of consecutive TNA events, ranging from the very first weekly PPV from Destination X 2005 to Slammiversary 2006. This marathon was good stuff, some classic matches were shown - like Hardy vs Abyss Final Assault match - this match was F****** INSANE - this one single match makes WWE look like a boring soap opera (which it is anyway). I always knew Hardy as a crazy risk-taker, but this match took risk-taking to a whole new level.

Also saw some classic AMW matches, including a shaky period between Storm & Harris, and The Natural's title gain over them, and the title defense against Team Canada.

Now... Team Canada wasn't a bad team... but that f****** D'Amore... man am I glad he missed the moonsault on Hoyt, and that Hoyt reversed the favor, and landed a moonsault on D'Amore, among others.

Also saw the 3Live Kru, and seeing Konnan wrestle was somewhat odd, yet good to see. He was pretty good too.

Also, the very first PPV featured a gauntlet for the gold, and one of Mitchell's former monsters, Malice, truly impressed the hell out of me. He laid out a considerable number of wrestlers... and was one of the final two left in the match for the NWA Title. Now, don't get me wrong... the battle royal was great... but KEN SHAMROCK??? WTF man??? Go back to MMA, dude!

Anyway, bottom line is, old TNA simply pwns.

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Guys, there's already a separate thread about Benoit. Please ...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.