1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Actually, I think it's a work, but damn if it wasn't one of the best moments in the early 2000s WWE. Heyman was a genius in entertainment; too bad his financial skills didn't match.

Edit: actually, I disagree with one thing he has. Tazz is a pretty decent color commentator :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

ZOMG, the next CZW show will feature the H8 Club vs Vulgar Display of Power. Two of CZW's most violent tag teams ever colliding... someone is going to die. Utterly.

And yes, The Mad Scientist's shoot does feel like a work... but that doesen't change it's true nontheless. As for Tazz... he wass nothing short of a living, breathing war machine. Now he's a ridiculous color commentator. Can't say I overtly enjoyed his choking Heyman out.

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Oh, he was right on the money alright - that's why I liked it so much. WWE has been prostituting its stars' legacy for more than a short while. Then again, they do own the rights to the characters...

As for Taz, I liked him as a wrestler in WWE; I'm not familiar enough with his ECW work. I'm ok with him as a commentator, though - there are worse in the 'E.

4. Disciple of The Watch

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If that's the clip I think it is, then I may have that match on a DVD!

ION, I've caught some of the Hulk Hogan reality series where they teach Celebrities how to wrestle. The actual instruction is interesting, but I doubt any of them could be actual wrestlers...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Looking at the history of the CZW World Heavyweight, I realized that Justice Pain's combined five title reigns equal 886 days. That's almost 2.5 YEARS. The closest is The Messiah with 679 days. That chings about 1.8 years.

That's still a huge gap. Justice Pain is THAT DAMN GOOD. I miss seeing him land a Painthriller on somebody through a table... :cry: :wail:

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

That was a good match. I haven't seen much of Bam Bam, but he looked like a very good big wrestler there. The part where they fell through the ramp was gold, although it would have been even better if one of them had suplexed the other from the hole through the ramp again :) .

Anyway, looks like I may check out some more ECW old stuff soon. Cya for now :)

8. Disciple of The Watch

9. Gnarfflinger

He deserves it. He was the face of the company at the time they needed him most.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

How could he not be? He was one of the greatest stars, period. Not to mention that if he wasn't there for them in the late 90s, there might not be a WWE.

11. Disciple of The Watch

It's official, a video package aired during Blah last night. That gives weight to a WM25 match...

And what the hell was that with Jericho being "fired"? I hope he moves to Crapdown - his heel persona seems a better fit for Crapdown than Blah.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well, he might have requested a break or something. Either that or it's another plot we'll see come to fruition (normally I think WWE's ability to write a decent story is non-existent, but Jericho is doing ok) in the near future.

In unrelated news, one of the few WWE women wrestlers I rooted for - Lisa Marie Varon, a.k.a. Victoria - has retired, and I'm unpleasantly not surprised at how it was handled. She is iirc the woman who's been with the WWE the longest (of those currently active, at least), gone through that crappy "ho" angle, pretty much every kind of match they have in the women's division, and unlike most of her female colleagues actually does know an armbar from an armdrag. Not to mention that she was one of the few wrestlers in the WWE that had some sort of personality and charisma. Yet how was she handled? They don't give her a win - at least not a clean win, and I think none at all - for months on end, and ditch her angle with Natalya before any of the two can do something so we can see more McMeh and Maria (oh joy of joys, I just got a bo... wait, that was the Spice TV on channel 60, they actually have some action there). And then she and pretty much every remotely capable and/or charismatic female acts as "talent enhancers" for the bloody Bellas - the most pathetic excuse for a face team (which iirc they are supposed to be) in recent memory - which of course works like a steam-powered space shuttle because those two have no talent to enhance! God forbid we watch some wrestling as well as the titassery we usually get from the "divas". To top it all, she loses in her last match (against McMeh, of all things), and her goodbye is not even shown on TV. As far as I can understand, she was unhappy with how her character was (not) being developed (among other things). As much as I miss her, I can't say I blame her in the least. I hope she fares better in whatever she decides to do next. Pity I'll never get the cell match with Nattie I was hoping for.

Smurf you, WWE!

Well, this one is for the memories now...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. Disciple of The Watch

Wish We Were Entertaining screws up another retirement, does that even surprise you? My guess is that since this was Viccie's last match, they thought there was nothing wrong with using her as a stepping stone to push the newly-heel McBlah. As for Nattie... don't get your hopes up too high, it's the pathetic face "divas" who bring in all the ratings. Did you also noticed it's been aeons since we last saw her, BTW?

Back in the Ultraviolence field, the Psycho Shooter Drake Younger will defend the CZW World Heavyweight Championship against a returning former World Champion -- Eddie Kingston. Interesting to note that it wasn't Kingston who challenged Younger but the other way around.

This should be a downright brutal fight. I was skeptic about the Psycho Shooter, but from what I've seen of him, he holds the legacy of the World Championship and makes it proud. CZ-F'N-W!

*EDIT* How moronic of me... how in the nine hells could I forget the H8 Club vs Cult Fiction, Fans Bring The Weapons? This is going to be a bloodfest.

14. Disciple of The Watch

LMAO!

Cena = low buys. Getting the message yet, Wish we were entertaining?

Damn, I miss the APA. I miss the beer-drinking, cigar-smoking and ass whippin' Bradshaw... and Gnarff, BTW... who the hell are the Right To Censor? One thing's for sure, they got their asses whooped at WM17 by the APA...

*EDIT* SWEET, WM17 has a Hardcore title match featuring RAVEN AS HARDCORE CHAMPION!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  15. Gnarfflinger

Once upon a time, at the height of the Monday Night Wars, a group called the Parents Television Council launched a campaign to interfere with the WWF's corporate sponsorship. Thought the campaign met with mixed results (the sponsors like Burger King, M&M Mars, or a few other companies did withdraw their advertising dollars, other companies that had no interest in the PTC eagerly snapped up these spots at a higher price) this led to a very public lawsuit. But this did make the WWE a little Gunshy about certain storylines and characters. Notably, the Godfather and Val Venis had to change gimmicks. So they stuck them in white dress shirts and black pants, got Stevie Richards as a spokesperson, then tacked on Ivory and Bull Buchanon to make the group Right to Censor as a slap at L. Brent Bozell III and his group, the Parents Television Council. Richards really drew heat in that roll too!

16. Disciple of The Watch

Gave me a chuckle. Count the number of times he says [censored] you to the crowd... LMAO. This guy is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  17. Disciple of The Watch

YESSS!! RANDY ORTON IS GOING TO MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA XV! You're DEAD, You-can't-see-me!

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

He's been pretty awesome lately. The rest of Worthless have been so-so to mediocre, but he has come out of this angle better than ever. The punt on McMahon seems to have born fruit as well - he might be Raw's top heel this year.

19. Disciple of The Watch

I said Randy Orton would be catapulted back to the top before the year is over. He will leave WM25 as WHC. Whoever it is that holds the belt (*cough*You can't see me*cough*) will get their ass handed to them. Big time.

20. Gnarfflinger

Actually, I wonder if Ornton will be derailed for that punt on Vince? Purely from a storyline angle, you know what the "Mr. McMahon" character is like. Would he really take kindly to Ornton punting him in the head? I don't think so. They'll have some way to screw Ornton out of the WM25 main event, send someone in to job to Seen It, and have a McMahon-Ornton fight on the card...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.