1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't see Mysterio beating Khali without an army of backup...

Flair pissed at WWE? Is anyone other than Cena happy there?

I think you're right about the upper cap on the potential of Snitsky. But he'll be pushed with Umaga out.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, that didn't took long.

Test was fired from TNA. Appearantly he stands out like a sore thumb in the steroid freakout. He was told he could come back when he lost considerable weight.

Some rumors have it he wasn't even under contract.

3. Gnarfflinger

LMAO. I remember one Wrestling humour site did a countdown when Test was on that one year when he couldn't be fired. So many days until he can be fired!

TNA is having a 10 team Tag Team Gauntlet match at No Surrender. No Steiners, but they still have 10 teams? Maybe most of them aren't on Impact...

4. Disciple of The Watch

Actually, many of the gauntlet teams are the 'usual' tag teams - LAX, VKM, 3D, Murder City Machine Guns (screw censorism), XXX, and the rest are oddball combinations like Styles & Tomko, Raven & Havok, Hoyt & Rave, and the stupid faces - the Hippie Dutt & Petey Williams, the moronic Eric Young & the laughable Shark Boy.

As for the Steiners... both are out. Rick was "injured" and taken off TV, and on last week's iMPACT, 3D powerbombed Scott through the table and attempted to reinjure his trachea. Ray held a chair on Scott's trachea and Devon nailed the chair with another chair. Steiner was taken away on a stretcher, so likely he'll be out for a while too.

But back to the tag gauntlet. It's kind of hard to pick a favorite in this match. I'm a Rave fan, and big Hoyt has talent aplenty too, though I think that aligning with the s*** Christy Hemme was a HUGE mistake. VKM... well, it's good to see them making a serious run for the WTTC. LAX... talented team, but I'm not sure turning them face was a good idea. XXX... one word: f****** awesome. Raven & Havok... I'm a huge fan of Raven, but not Havok. Raven should make a run for the WHC instead.

I'm looking forward to Jimmy Rave's debut. It doesen't look like TNA are planning on wasting him by making him debut in a PPV, but then again, the Vince Russo influence is at the highest it probably ever was, so expect the unexpected.

We're getting ANOTHER round of Storm vs Rhino. Correct me if I am wrong, but the bar room brawl was the LAST chapter in this feud.

Cage faces Joe. Expect some interference by the Coalition.

Harris and Black Reign will collide again, this time no DQ. I like the Black Reign gimmick and the split personality.

5. Gnarfflinger

They need to put Petey Williams and Eric Young back together, put Robert Roode in the ring with whoever stuck him with Ms. Brooks. Re-uniting Team Canada and AMW would really juice up the tag team Division.

Apparently, there is to ba a huge announcement at the PPV about the future of the company. I hope it's either the two hours of prime time, or something about a steroids policy. More TV time would be good because I would like to see more of the roster than just the WWE rejects. On the ohter hand, the Industry as a whole needs to stand against Steroids or else the list of wrestlers that die before the age of 50 will continue to grow...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Well, isn't that just great. We now got a f****** clown as X-Division "champ". F*** you, "Black Machismo". Daniels was robbed.

Oh, and while we're at it, Pacman & Truth are TTC. Give me a f'ing break.

As for Abyss, well he tapped to an ankle lock. James Mitchell showed up (on the screen) to taunt Abyss a bit more, and then a hand then popped from under the ring (Judas Mesias), and slowly dragged Abyss out of sight. Your nightmare has begun, Abyss.

Storm was interview some time ago, and he was asked about a possible AMW reunion, which he quickly slammed down with a "Hell no."

As much as I too liked AMW, Storm is better off on his singles career.

As for the big announcement, it WAS the official two hour timeslot announcement.

Some interesting factoids: Raw has gone down 7% (7% more people finally realised WWE sucks), and "ECW" is down by a whopping *20%*. Hehe.

7. Gnarfflinger

I've known that WWE sucks for a long time. But thanks to Vince, it's pretty much the only game in town until we can remember to add the Fight network to out subscription...

8. Disciple of The Watch

Tonight's iMPACT was a pretty well-rounded night.

Daniels pinned the sorry excuse of X-Division champ, regaining the #1 contendership that Daniels had EARNED. Fix your mistake, TNA. Give the belt to someone who truly deserves it - Daniels.

Most important... Judas Mesias FINALLY made his debut. He cutted through the ring apron while Abyss was ankle locking Angle, and slowly emerged from under the ring. He then choked Abyss with *BARBED WIRE*, then just for good measure laid a couple of chair shots, then a leaping DDT (on the chair, of course). Just when you think it can't get any better... Mesias grabs a bag of broken glass, lays it out on the canvas, grabs a piece, stabs Abyss' arm with it, and while the piece of glass is lodged in the arm of Abyss, he just rips the arm of Abyss, then does so for the other arm. He then takes the piece of glass and LICKS Abyss' blood from it. I had a wide ear-to-ear grin just watching Abyss getting trashed (again).

I like this guy. Mitchell chose wisely indeed. If only they could give Mesias better ring gear - I mean a black and purple speedo?

9. Gnarfflinger

I saw that tonight. I really noticed his eyes, more than anything.

Another thing I've been wanting to comment on:

Hornswoggle as Vince's illigitimate son? Hilarious for certain, but I really don't know where they want to go with that. Considering Vince's track record, I was almost bracing for an incest story line, which would have been the end of me watching WWE...

10. Disciple of The Watch

*shrugs* Hornswoggle as Vince's "son" is comic relief, and not much more. At least this storyline is done - I was getting sick of seeing Vince on Smackdown. Pester the idiots that watch Raw if you want, Vince, but don't touch Smackdown.

Speaking of the WWE, Batista once again wears gold. He won the triple threat. I, for one, am glad to see the Plan B of the WWE dethroned.

The Undertaker has defeated Mark Henry. Henry gave everything he had, but even that was not enough to keep the Phenom down. Taker shown an awesome display of power - he actually gave a Last Ride to the 400 pounds Henry.

HHH defeated the ever annoying Carlito. Good.

Both WTTC and WWE TTC remained with their current holders.

Phoenix was outsmarted by the Playboy s***. Can you smell that? It smells like a rematch.

The moronic rapper keeps his ugly arse bling. Legend Killer got punted in the head by Cena Sr. Last man standing match at No Mercy to settle this rivalry once for all. Hopefully, it will also be for the gold.

Punk defeated Burke. I said Punk would be a fighting champ, and he delivered.

Now for TNA:

Daniels will face the idiot who holds the X gold at BFG.

Rumored Mesias vs Abyss vs Rhino also at BFG. Mesias-Abyss I can understand. Rhino? Go back doing bar brawls with Storm instead of interfering after Mesias matches and saving babyfaces from the suffering they deserve, and let this match be a bloody brawl between Abyss and Mesias.

Angle vs Sting also at BFG. For the gold, of course.

Truth vs Styles & Tomko also at BFG. Since Jones cannot wrestle, that's basically an handicap match.

LAX vs XXX - Ultimate X at BFG. LAX sucks as faces.

3D vs Steiners - Table match. Give me a f****** break.

"Knockouts" gauntlet to determine the first Women's champion. Give me a m************ break.

Finally, the "Fight for the right" match, which is basically wrestlers tearing each other apart to earn a shot at the World Title. Meh.

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't even understand having Carlito on the top-roster. I dunno, it might be the haircut, or his lack of impressive size or... oh, for crying out loud, he looks like a joke, and doesn't seem to wrestle much better. I know he's been around for a few years but still, I just can't get used to taking that guy for real. Why they'd even put him against HHH is beyond me. Still, for some reason I was at the WWE site and guess what you'd see there: "Carlito outsmarted." Outsmarted? By a guy who was on top of the game for years and could duke it out with the likes of the Undertaker or Batista any day of the week, in presence and brute strength?

Give me a break. In fact, give the WWE scriptwriters a break, or even better - fire them and hire guys with at least half a brain.

[ September 18, 2007, 01:24: Message edited by: The Shaman ]

12. Gnarfflinger

Carlito was supposed to be in the IC division on Raw (which I can live with), but with Kennedy, Booker, Umaga and Ornton caught in the Steroids ring, they need to push him forward...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Carlito has been a joke since day one. I remember his debut on Smackdown - I remember saying to myself "You've got to be kidding!"

He was barely credible as a face, and as a heel? Man, I'm laughing my a** off so hard just thinking about it.

Seriously, this guy should be repackaged and shipped back to developmental territory. There are plenty of developmental wrestlers who deserve a chance to shine.

Take Mike Knox and Derrik Neikerk, for example - I remember them from their DSW days, and they were a great heel tag team - until the split and rivalry over the DSW Title, at least. From what I've heard, they reformed Team Elite in FCW, and they're doing justice to the DSW days. You might remember Knox from being on "ECW", and faithful to the WWE way, he was disgustingly underused. Those guys are SD material, and the SD Tag division certainly could use a shot in the arm.

Ryan O'Reilly is another of those guys - not the best guy on the mic, but definitively a solid wrestler who would be a fine addition to the SD roster, or an interesting addition to beef up the weak "ECW" roster.

But anyway, back to the topic at hand - HHH - he sadly falls under the category of disgustingly underused. Raw is a place where legitimate talent goes to die. Feel free to disagree with me, but I'd be delighted to see H back to SD, and maybe eventually reform Evolution, or push a rivalry with Batista, the Deadman, Kane, Mark Henry, hell, any big dog on the SD roster. It makes me puke to think that a 10-time World Champion is feuding with a joke of a wrestler.

14. Gnarfflinger

I thought Mike Knox hurt his back trying to carry Test...

I'm surprised they haven't brought a couple guys from Smackdown to replace the guys that are out of Sterroids (and not just Hornswoggle). And if they stick on Raw, and the guys that come up from ECW shine on Smackdown, then maybe the guys that were suspended would take a hit on the rankings for their crimes, thus achieving the opposite of what they intended when they shot roids into their ass in the first place...

15. Disciple of The Watch

It was a kayfabe injury. The truth is that Knox was ping-ponged between "ECW" and developmental territory - DSW, and FCW.

He's back on the "ECW" roster, though, and had two matches in two weeks - both against Balls Mahoney, one win and one loss.

Neikirk is still in developmental territory, though. What a waste.

I've heard rumors of Booker possibly not returning after his suspension.

Batista will defend the gold against the Plan B at No Mercy in a Punjabi Prison Match. Ehh, hello?!? Undertaker wants that gold back, so why give a match to the Plan B?

Coach burns me up. He says he can strip the moronic rapper of his ugly bling... why the hell has it not been done already?!? Or maybe there are plans to hand it to the Legend Killer at No Mercy?

Naaah. That's just wishful thinking. Nobody can beat the moronic rapper. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I want to see Kennedy challenge for IC gold upon his return.

Carlito is gonna get squashed by HHH in a steel cage. HHH is so underutilized it makes me want to puke.

We're losing 30-45 minutes of Smackdown thanks to a stupid kayfabe wedding. Give me a m************ break.

Ariel's set to debut in TNA at BFG. Go figure. Plan on making her LAX or "James Mitchell's group". Hmm. Planning a stable, Mitchell? New Church part 2? That would be great, especially now that Mesias has arrived. A new stable would certainly be a needed shot in the arm of the Tag Division.

Y2J is in discussion with both WWE and TNA. I personally would love to him back in wrestling.

16. Gnarfflinger

Actually, the Mike Knox bit in my post was a Test joke...

Booker not returning? Yay! Now of we can get Cena to follow him...

Batista vs Khali in a Punjabi Prison match. I heard the last one was a dud. I think that Khali will get the belt back and drop it to Taker at Survivor Series.

Coach is trying to be a heel. Screwing Cena would give him too big a pop. Did you hear the "You can't Wrestle" chants at the end of Raw Monday Night?

I'm not sure what the plan is for HHH. I suspect that after the Roids scandal, they need HHH on both sides of the fence. The foil to irritate Vince--especially with Hornswoggle running around--but also as a heel with Ornton a flop, Kennedy not ready and suspended, Umaga more of a monster and likely Booker departing...

Weddings on TV usually have some twist. Perhaps someone will mess with Teddy Long or Krystal...

James Mitchell starting a Stable? This could be real interesting. That may explain Rhyno in the triple Threat match at BFG--The second member of Mitchell's faction could make his presence felt in that match--with Rhyno as an equalizer for Abyss...

17. Disciple of The Watch

While I too would be jumping for joy to finally be rid of Booker, remember that at this point it's still only but rumors.

Cena... man, I am so freaking sick of this guy. I've reached a point where a championship match on PPV involving this idiot and his bling is basically unstoppable behemoths or serious championship material jobbing to this idiot. Lashley, the plan B, the 6-man challenge, and the list could go on and on. As far as I can recall, only Edge and RVD were able to defeat this dumba** and take the bling from him.

Either the plan B will regain the gold, or Batista will retain. But either way, Undertaker WILL get the belt back, as his last WHC reign was supposed to be his longest ever, and appearantly he was to retire as WHC. It's a pity if the Deadman truly retires, because Friday nights will never be the same.

Yeah, I remember the chants indeed. Speaking of chants, there were some loud "TNA" chants during Unforgiven last Sunday.

HHH pissing off McMahon is ever good stuff... but I miss the good old DX days. I certainly hope to see DX back. Michaels is supposedly returning at Survivor Series, so that seems a fitting night, should a reunion occur.

I think Kennedy, current suspension aside, is ready for a push to the top of the roster. Not as WWE Champ just yet (besides, the moronic rapper is here to stay, unfortunately), but IC certainly sounds good to me. Remember that Kennedy defeated 7 former World Champions while on SD, and that he's a former US Champ. It's not the same thing now that he's on Raw, but this guy has immense potential that should NOT be wasted.

Hmm, I think there's an episode of iMPACT playing on a French Canadian channel at the same time than SD airs. Problem solved, I guess. If anybody is to crash the wedding, they better damn well make it worthwhile...

Mitchell's new stable is still but rumors so far. They were planning on using Ariel as valet for either LAX (go figure), or "James Mitchell's group", which led me to assume that a new Mitchell stable might be in the cards.

The one question that remains is who will the other members be? There aren't a ton of wrestlers on the roster that would make the cut, if you ask me.

Raven could make the cut, though I'm not sure being a follower of James Mitchell exactly suits Raven's personality. It would lead to an interesting clash for power, though.

Other than Raven... well, there's still Black Reign. I don't think he would fit in, though.

But should the plans for a stable be trashed (TNA have been taking a lot of stupid decisions lately), the Monster's Ball for BFG basically ends up as an handicap match for Mesias. And I'm personally SO sick of babyfaces coming on top of their feuds.

18. Gnarfflinger

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena is clean (no drugs). that, however, doesn't answer for those that like him...

Kennedy will be wasted. Seems the trend in both WWE and TNA these days...

I also wouldn't be surprised if TNA makes a big signing for Mitchel's stable. It's not like there would be a shortage of big, scary looking guys that could fill a few minuted of TV time a week...

19. Disciple of The Watch

Hahaha... The twist to the "wedding" was peanuthead having a "heart attack" when he was about to say "I do".

There was also an appearance by The Godfather, who invited everyone on a ride on the "Ho Train". Needless to say, it pretty much emptied the place.

This whole "wedding" thing was ridiculous.

Speaking of TNA, Judas Mesias will be out - he's suffering from Sciatica. It's not sure whenever he will need surgery, but he will need physical therapy, and it's possible TNA might have to keep him out of the ring at BFG. This sucks.

20. Gnarfflinger

That was a dud, but he did destroy Erig Young and Sharkboy before backing down from Rhyno.

The Wedding was hilarious, with Hornswoggle and Coach stealing the show IMO. Still would have rather seen Taker crush someone...

Next Week seems to the the one to watch:

Batista vs Khali in a Punjabi Prison match, and Taker vs Mark Henry. This could make for a great Friday night...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.